The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track?

+3
KaramKaram
Soldier777
force perspective
7 posters

Go down

Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track? Empty Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track?

Post by force perspective Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:51 am

Michael,

i purchased the Japanese version with the bonus track "All Over Again" (acoustic version)
With your permission can i share only this song for fans that want to have it?

BTW, I think the only difference is there are no drums on this version.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track? Empty Re: Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track?

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Is all over again on a previous release? I may get the Japanese release. Another question for gipper: Will there be a bundle pack of the Fallen shirt and the Fallen cd for a discount price? I may get that.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track? Empty Re: Michael Sweet, permission to share Japanese bonus track?

Post by KaramKaram Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:15 pm

If they would want the song to be shared they would have included in the US release as well, I don't think he will agree with this request.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Does Michael Sweet come to this board?

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:30 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Does Michael Sweet come to this board?
Gipperman
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:20 pm

KaramKaram wrote:If they would want the song to be shared they would have included in the US release as well, I don't think he will agree with this request.
I dont know what Gipperman will say but sometimes its just a bonus on other editions because the producer/label didnt think it fit well on the album

I mean its up to Gip but thats my thought
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

I always thought that Japanese releases got the bonus track because the Japanese release costs so much more in Japan, so the Japanese distributors want the extra track to keep Japanese buyers from going online and importing the US version. Buying the CD from US and paying the shipping to Japan is still cheaper than buying the Japanese version in Japan.  Shocked

Without the bonus track(s), Japanese distributors would never be able to compete.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:27 am

Yes, and that extra track gives STRYPER extra income thru the sales in Japan. Let's be real guys.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:41 am

KaramKaram wrote:Yes, and that extra track gives STRYPER extra income thru the sales in Japan. Let's be real guys.
Yes but none of us are from Japan and have that easy of access to the song.

I dont think illegally sharing it is right, so good thing hes asking Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:56 am

Technically I think it would be up to the record label? Then again I'm not in the music industry so I don't know. But still, if you want the Japan track I think you should have to get the Japan release. To me, it's part of the mystique of imports. Then again, I buy a lot of music used which I know is another gray area since it doesn't help the artist so I am by no means judging. It will be interesting to see if there is an official response on this.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Here in Venezuela no one, I mean, NO ONE, have the record available, you can't find it on any single record store, and if someone ones it, it have to be purchased on Amazon, iTunes or any other legal site.

So, as per your reasoning, I should as Michael or any other band/artist to distribute his/their music to us for free because I am not from USA.

But Inknow it doesn't work that way.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:30 pm

And if someone wants it*
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Karam, what you are missing it that Japanese bonus tracks are rarely for sale through legal download sites in the U.S. If this particular song is, then someone can post the link and end of discussion. But there is also a huge difference between a Japanese only bonus song and a whole album.

Copyright holders can do anything they want with their songs: sell them, given them away for free, whatever. I get the impression that Stryper has been holding on to their copyrights and just licensing the release through labels. Maybe not, but if so then all they have to do is say "yes" or "no" and it is legal or illegal. End of story. Or their label can do what many other labels have done and put the Japanese bonus tracks up on their U.S. websites. There are many, many ways this issue has been addressed legally, so no harm in asking.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down