The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set

+4
arttieTHE1manparty
strangerhoncho
Fundy
Black Rider
8 posters

Go down

Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set Empty Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 am

https://boonesoverstock.com/collections/frontpage/products/whiteray-the-collected-works-the-demos-1988-1991-new-2-cd-set-2019-retroactive-80s-hair-metal-from-kentucky-pre-killed-by-cain 

Artist: Whiteray
Title: The Collected Works (The Demos 1988-1991)
Label: Retroactive Records
Product ID: RRCD1481
Bacode: 637405138955 
Packaging: 2-CD, Jewel Case, 8 panel jewel w/ interview
Release Date: June 18th, 2019

ABOUT THE ALBUM
In the mid 80’s to early 90’s, Whiteray was an integral part of the hard music scene of Kentucky along with fellow home-staters, Bride! From 1988-1991 the band released four critically acclaimed demos of high quality, elite melodic hard rock and metal. Collectors have been paying over $200 each for those demos if lucky enough to find them. Whiteray was dedicated to the hard rock scene laid down by Bride, Cinderella, Warrant, Motley Crue, and Guns-N-Roses which means big everything....big hooks, big melodies, big riffs, and of course, BIG HAIR! Whiteray was a significant step above other hard rock bands in terms of talent and execution. Fans also loved the fact that in spite of being demo tracks, Whiteray demos are clear, and professional sounding which allows the original magic of those heard rock anthems to shine brightly. The band would later regroup and release an album on R.E.X. Records under the moniker of Killed By Cain (another killer aggressive groove metal release, produced by Dale Thompson of Bride). Until now, the band’s legendary demos have been impossible to find. The 2019 Retroactive Records 2-CD reissue features all four demos remastered by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound, packaged in a jewel case with an eight page booklet, band photos, and an amazing interview from 1989 featured in Pendragon Magazine! Limited to just 500 CDs. 

Disc One
We’ll Fight
Trying
Promised Land
Masquerade
The First Sin
Blood On My Hands
Charades Behind the Glass
To Die Is to Gain

Disc Two
Serious Hell
The Haunting
Omniscient
We Are Not Afraid to Die
If This is Evil
The Devil Made Me Do It
Waiting To Change
Shallow Grave
Sin City
Gotta Get Ya
Freedom
Educate Me
Sin City (acoustic)
Educate Me (acoustic)

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set Empty Re: Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 10:05 am

What do you guys think of this band? I was never a fan of Killed by Cain, and a couple of the tracks I have listened to on YT of Whiteray didn't leave me overly impressed. Are their certain songs I should be looking for by them?

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set Empty Re: Retroactive Records releasing Whiteray - The Collected Works 2 CD set

Post by Black Rider Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am

Did they do some remastering 'cause if not, I probably won't be interested. I enjoy their sound but it needs work.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Black Rider wrote:Did they do some remastering 'cause if not, I probably won't be interested. I enjoy their sound but it needs work.

They were all remastered by Rob Colwell, but I haven't seen any samples of the remastered product out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Ok cool, I want to listen first.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu May 16, 2019 4:48 pm

I've pre-ordered it!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 pm

I have preordered this as well.  I loved the one Killed By Cain album, so anything new by this band will be alright by me.  Okay, they have a different name and style, but this ought to be decent.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 am

Same here.  Big fan of Killed by Cain, and I have one Whiteray demo.  Glad to have all of them on CD finally.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 pm

I have the first and I'm assuming third Whiteray demos. If they are selling for $200, daddy's gonna be selling!!! 😁

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 20, 2019 7:12 am

That's exactly what I would be doing, Arttie!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am

I never heard the Whiteray material, but I did have the Killed By Cain cd back in the day.  Didn’t care much for it though.  Wasn’t Bride’s original drummer in KBC?
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

Livna wrote:I never heard the Whiteray material, but I did have the Killed By Cain cd back in the day.  Didn’t care much for it though.  Wasn’t Bride’s original drummer in KBC?

Yes
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am

I wasn't really a KBC fan, to be honest.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon May 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Me either, sounded kind of forced, trying to be sound they weren't really into.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Livna wrote:I never heard the Whiteray material, but I did have the Killed By Cain cd back in the day.  Didn’t care much for it though.  Wasn’t Bride’s original drummer in KBC?

Their album was also produced by Dale Thompson as well.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm

I've heard some of the White Ray demos, and they were really good. Gonna pre-order this one for sude!

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 pm

The wait is over!  Mine came in the mail today!  I got on this fast enough to get the extra pin that came with the first so many orders.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:05 pm

How's it sound?  Mine will probably take a while to get to me!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:08 pm

The first disc suffers a little from the fact that these were demo tapes that were mastered and put on CD.  They sound pretty decent, but you can tell that they were not big budget releases.

Disc two sounds better as they were just more recent and probably higher budget recordings.  The last 4 or 5 songs, though, are early versions of Killed By Cain songs.  But, seeing that there are 19 tracks total and 14 I have never had a copy of, I am pretty pleased!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am

I'm so tired of being out of work and not being able to afford any new music.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:25 am

I wound up buying this...

Listened to Disc 1 this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good stuff.

Still not a fan of Killed By Cain, but this is nothing like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down