The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added)

+2
Ammocas
mothy
6 posters

Go down

Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added) Empty Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added)

Post by mothy Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:46 pm

I just received the First mix cd edition of Human Sacrifice and as someone who had this at first release I was excited to hear what the differences were. I have to say this is incredible and entirely different album then what the label did to it. Im not an audiophile or a musician of any kind so if the terms are odd well...thats just me.

Vocals: I also thought Rogers vocals on the disc were a little shrill at times and distracted from the raw thrash aspect they were going for and this mix answered my prayers. They are more guttural but understandable and fit so much better in with the music. Also the gang vocals are in the background and goofy sounding.

Guitars: You now tell that the label put alot of funky compression/effects...something on the guitars (why I dont know) but now they are very raw (almost like a demo but with good production, if that makes any sense). Larrys' masterful work can now be appreciated to its fullest.

Drums: This is the largest change from the original, to me they were so sharp and had a thin tinny sound to them and were to dominant in the mix. They are much more tones down but still driving and hard. I know there is criticism that Glen really wasn't much of a "thrash" drummer but hearing this you could easily fool me.

The bass is about the same but because everything blends SO well in this mix its just perfect.

I always "liked" Human Sacrifice because of its importance to the Christian metal scene but thought Once Dead was their best work, now that has changed. This has that raw aggression that matches early Pestilence, Kreator etc. If this would have been the actual release it would have changed the metal landscape even more in my opinion. If your a Vengeance fan or someone on the fence of buy this DO NOT hesitate. 

@Bill Roxx you should make a promo video for youtube so people can hear this change, this needs to be sold out if this is your genre!

Metal 1  God Bless and Rock On!  Metal 1

Last edited by mothy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added) Empty Re: Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added)

Post by Ammocas Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

mothy wrote:I just received the First mix cd edition of Human Sacrifice and as someone who had this at first release I was excited to hear what the differences were. I have to say this is incredible and entirely different album then what the label did to it. Im not an audiophile or a musician of any kind so if the terms are odd well...thats just me.

Vocals: I also thought Rogers vocals on the disc were a little shrill at times and distracted from the raw thrash aspect they were going for and this mix answered my prayers. They are more guttural but understandable and fit so much better in with the music. Also the gang vocals are in the background and goofy sounding.

Guitars: You now tell that the label put alot of funky compression/effects...something on the guitars (why I dont know) but now they are very raw (almost like a demo but with good production, if that makes any sense). Larrys' masterful work can now be appreciated to its fullest.

Drums: This is the largest change from the original, to me they were so sharp and had a thin tinny sound to them and were to dominant in the mix. They are much more tones down but still driving and hard. I know there is criticism that Glen really wasn't much of a "thrash" drummer but hearing this you could easily fool me.

The bass is about the same but because everything blends SO well in this mix its just perfect.

I always "liked" Human Sacrifice because of its importance to the Christian metal scene but thought Once Dead was their best work, now that has changed. This has that raw aggression that matches early Pestilence, Kreator etc. If this would have been the actual release it would have changed the metal landscape even more in my opinion. If your a Vengeance fan or someone on the fence of buy this DO NOT hesitate. 

@Bill Roxx you should make a promo video for youtube so people can hear this change, this needs to be sold out if this is your genre!

Hi Mothy,
I’m new to this forum but have been following it for a while...I was on the fence about buying this cd for the longest time. But after reading your review, I might have to check it out! Thanks for your thoughts on this.
...Ammocas
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added) Empty Re: Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice First Mix sudo review (1 song link added)

Post by mothy Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Ammocas wrote:
mothy wrote:I just received the First mix cd edition of Human Sacrifice and as someone who had this at first release I was excited to hear what the differences were. I have to say this is incredible and entirely different album then what the label did to it. Im not an audiophile or a musician of any kind so if the terms are odd well...thats just me.

Hi Mothy,
I’m new to this forum but have been following it for a while...I was on the fence about buying this cd for the longest time. But after reading your review, I might have to check it out! Thanks for your thoughts on this.
...Ammocas
Absolutely, Im thinking of uploading 1 song to youtube just be able to let everyone hear it.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks for the review dude.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:24 am

I'll second this. Granted, I'm a bit biased as HS is my all-time favorite record, but if you are any kind of Vengeance fan, from casual on up, BUY THE FIRST MIX!!!!
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 am

Here is the song Human Sacrifice from the first mix edition. I uploaded it to a soundcloud account.

Human Sacrifice
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:33 am

http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag/single-post/2018/08/13/Vengeance-Rising-Looking-Back-at-30

Litlte overview about the album, the first mix release and all the other formats too...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks thats an awesome write up
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am

mothy wrote:Thanks thats an awesome write up

Rockin Loud
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Improved the Cookie Monster vocals significantly, which was always the big turnoff for me.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down