The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning."

+4
Black Rider
MikeInFla
arttieTHE1manparty
PlaceOfASkull
8 posters

Go down

35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning." Empty 35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:54 pm

From Wikipedia:
Grace Under Pressure is the tenth studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in April 1984 on Anthem Records. After touring for the band's previous album, Signals (1982), had come to an end in mid-1983, Rush started work on a follow-up in August. The band had decided to not work with its longtime producer Terry Brown, who had worked with Rush since 1975. The new material continued the group's change in direction towards a keyboard-oriented sound as per the previous two albums. After some difficulty in finding a suitable a producer who could commit, the album was recorded with Peter Henderson.
Grace Under Pressure reached number 4 in Canada, number 5 in the UK, and number 10 on the Billboard 200 where it reached platinum for selling one million copies.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning." Empty Re: 35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning."

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 am

...ad 35 years later, I still can't get into it!   Very Happy  Geddy Lee's voice just drives me up a wall...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning." Empty Re: 35 Years Ago Today Rush Released "Distant Early Warning."

Post by MikeInFla Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Yeah I bought this when it was new. Bought it on casette at Sears. Never liked it other than one or two tracks. Same with Power Windows and Hold Your Fire. I do, however, love Show Of Hands as it has only the good tracks from these albums so that one is all I need from the keyboard era.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:41 pm

I like it but then, I don't hate their 80's stuff like so many. Now, this and Power Windows aren't as strong as Signals or Hold Your Fire imo but still good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 am

Between the Wheels is one of the most ominous sounding songs I've ever heard from them.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 pm

Last edited by Constantine on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:16 pm

80s Rush is my favorite Rush by far. 

My ranking:

Power Windows
Moving Pictures
Hold Your Fire
Permanent Waves
Grace under Pressure
Signals 
Presto
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:58 am

This is a great album.  Afterimage totally rocks and nobody ever talks about it.  Neal's drums sound great and there's tons of musicianship to sink your teeth into.  Alex's tone is even more subdued than before and seems to have an Andy Summers thing going on, but it works for the songs and approach.

I have 6 of 8 songs rated 5 stars.  Only Kid Gloves is meh; and Enemy Within is their okay little reggae homage.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:00 am

Enemy Within is worth it just for Geddy’s awesome bass lines.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down