The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now?

+11
Black Rider
Kerrick
Pro-Zak
ravenfaust
Fundy
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Grindboy
Tombie
eatbugs
hellig
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now? Empty New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now?

Post by hellig Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 pm

New song Top Black Hat

hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now? Empty Re: New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now?

Post by eatbugs Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 pm

I've been following this on Facebook.  Identifying as a "heathen" is more disturbing than anything.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now? Empty Re: New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now?

Post by Tombie Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Actually, he/she is intersex... that's kinda a whole different circumstance. But yeah, don't know if they're still Christian. I read through a few of the conversations on their Facebook where they were asked about being Christian and it sounds like they are without actually saying it. This is gonna be interesting to say the least.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm

I have not been following R&D/KK, but art and artists being what they are I wouldn't really take too much from the song and the "heathen" theme.  It could very well be a legitimate self-identification, it could just as well be about a bad experience with a church/pastor/Christian and writing a song about things that KK was told or felt.  Who knows?  I would think it's strange to use the same name if they're perspective is wholly different, but people do what people do and not everything makes sense to me.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

I tried liking an earlier album of theirs but just didn't get it.  I think I will pass on this one.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:24 am

Grindboy wrote:I have not been following R&D/KK, but art and artists being what they are I wouldn't really take too much from the song and the "heathen" theme.  It could very well be a legitimate self-identification, it could just as well be about a bad experience with a church/pastor/Christian and writing a song about things that KK was told or felt.  Who knows?  I would think it's strange to use the same name if they're perspective is wholly different, but people do what people do and not everything makes sense to me.

I thought of that too.  It's very possible "heathen" is tongue-in-cheek, since R&D has never been accepted even within Christian circles.  Still, if so it is poorly written (or we need the context of the rest of the album) because the song itself sure makes it sound like he's calling himself a heathen.  I'm willing to keep an open mind on this though and I'm trying not to judge without more information.

Musically, this is the best song they've ever written (granted, I've never heard Love Letters...).

I wonder what the other former members think of the new R&D?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 pm

I don't think it sounds bad. I like the switch between "singing" and harsh vocals.
The only other R&D I've heard though is their Candyland album.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Loved Candyland & Trick Or Treat.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Fundy wrote:Loved Candyland & Trick Or Treat.

Two classics.

They were also good live.  I saw them twice at Cornerstone ('98 and '99 I think).  The first time they had some technical difficulties but the second year was awesome.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfaust Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm

I help run the facebook page, and no they are not original band members, there are some new members, But the band is still ran and the songs are written by K. Kane as it was before. The bands theme has not changed. 
I hope you all take into consideration that we all choose to be who we want to be ,please do not judge. Gender has nothing to do with music.
  Proof:

New Rackets and Drapes + Kandi Kane is transgender now? Untitl10

Last edited by ravenfaust on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

ravenfaust
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfaust Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I don't think it sounds bad.  I like the switch between "singing" and harsh vocals.
The only other R&D I've heard though is their Candyland album.
More music will be released soon Smile Follow the facebook page /racketsanddrapes/

ravenfaust
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am

ravenfaust wrote:
I hope you all take into consideration that we all choose to be who we want to be ,please do not judge. Gender has nothing to do with music.
  Proof:

No, it doesn't have anything to do w/music, but it very much has something to do w/who we are. We are not to judge self righteously, or w/out the facts, but we are called to make a truthful and righteous judgement. I am in no way qualified to judge the condition of anther's soul, but I can judge if they are engaged in a sinful/harmful lifestyle. Every Christian must judge for themselves what they allow into their minds/hearts, we would all do well to guard that.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Avalonjohn44 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am

^Well put, Mark.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfaust Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Kandy came out as transgender during the love letters from hell.. this is nothing new. So someone else's choice is harming you? Jesus taught love, peace and acceptance.
Sounds like you are threatened by somebody who knows who they are because they personally know who God wants them to be.

ravenfaust
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 pm

ravenfaust wrote:Kandy came out as transgender during the love letters from hell.. this is nothing new.  So someone else's choice is harming you? Jesus taught love, peace and acceptance.
Sounds like you are threatened by somebody who knows who they are because they personally know who God wants them to be.

How do I sound threatened?  scratch

We are to be at peace w/everyone, love everyone, and accept them as fellow humans, but we are not to accept a lifestyle that is harmful to them. That would not be love at all, it would be apathy. Furthermore, there are no "transgenders", such people are deceived and it is something to mourn, not celebrate.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Avalonjohn44 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm

BTW, I did not say his choice is harming me, it is harming him. Such people have a disorder, gender confusion, truly sad.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Jesus taught acceptance? He said unless you take up your cross and follow Him you could not be His disciple. He said he came to turn people against each other. We can't do whatever we want and then couch in vague acceptance terms.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfaust Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 pm

So by someone being happy with the life they live, is harmful? If a person is happy it should not be of concern to anyone. Pray for those who need help not for those who are  happy and found what makes them feel whole This is not a post where i want to get into a religious debate with people , I am here to let you know the band is here, Kandy is happy ,and creating new music. If you are a fan please follow the page for new music. 
Godbless you all

ravenfaust
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 am

Who told you he was happy? A lot of people believe certain things will make them "happy", only to discover in the long run it made them miserable. I understand you do not wish to make this a religious debate, but this is a Christian forum, and this was put in the Christian section of music, so, it kinda should be expected. I'm not his mother nor his pastor, I wish him well.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 am

Being happy isn't the goal in life, it's to follow Jesus and serve him with your whole life.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 am

Ninja'd.  BR basically summed up what I was trying to say but much more eloquently and efficiently haha.

ravenfaust wrote:So by someone being happy with the life they live, is harmful?

By secular/humanist/worldly standards, no.  But by Christian/eternal standards, if sinful - then yes, to the highest degree of harm.  The punishment of sin is death (Romans 6:23) which is why we need a Savior so desperately.  I'd say most sins make us "happy" or "feel whole" in the moment - otherwise we wouldn't do 'em.  Happiness or good feelings are not the standards we're to use to determine right or wrong but thankfully we have God's Word for that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:07 pm

"Happy is he who keeps my word."
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Let's stay civil here folks...  I don't want to have to start stepping in already!   I've only been back for a week!  LOL!

Personally, I've never had any use for R&D...just can't get into their style and sound.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Trying to be civil, hope it didn't come across otherwise.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 pm

You're good, BR...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next