The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ole Borud - Amazing

5 posters

Go down

Ole Borud - Amazing Empty Ole Borud - Amazing

Post by Wigeon Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Disclaimer: this is not metal, but I think it deserves to be here since it is Ole from Extol and so it can get more visibility and promotion. I just found this in a post in the "Not Metal" topic on this forum from over a year ago. I've always loved Ole's vocals, guitars and songwriting in Extol (and Fleshkiller more recently). In fact, I think Extol suffered during the time he was not with the band. I always heard he was an extremely talented musician and was in his dad's gospel band in Norway since he was 5. But by God, I had no idea he has released 3 or 4 solo albums that sound absolutely AMAZING! 
This album from 2011 is basically funk and soul, similar to Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars, Tauren Wells, with a little Michael McDonald and Michael Jackson thrown in. Outstanding!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZABXtVxyJwg

Fans of Extol should really like the song "Souls in Chains". The guitars and vocals remind me of some of his work in Extol. The last song sounds like it could be a Jackson 5 hit with a young MJ on vocals.

Here's a live performance of one of the title song on that album, and he is flawless - 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jL5NybAjy0

His first album was all covers of CCM bands from what I can tell. Here he is making a White Heart song sound good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92z7t3_eQt4&list=PLle07clLjssnYVLOS_w9_2rTQVv7s6Ong 

Sweet Lord how have I never heard any of this stuff before?
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ole Borud - Amazing Empty Re: Ole Borud - Amazing

Post by mothy Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 pm

I actual own Keep Movin. Not a bad album but cracks me up when I compare to his other works. Talented as heck though
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Sweet Mary, is there anything he can't do? Opera, Iron Maiden "The Trooper", and Public Enemy "Fight the Power", and blues, on what appears to be the Norwegian version of AGT or American Idol

Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 pm

GGGEEEZZZZ!!! Dude has skills
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:54 pm

Borud just did a collaboration for this technical death metal band Kallias.  His contributions were the only thing that were interesting IMAO.

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:31 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Ole's vocals and guitar solo are awesome. I'm digging the music too. If Arch Enemy and Extol had a baby together...
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:00 pm

I’m No Wigeon wrote:Sweet Mary, is there anything he can't do? Opera, Iron Maiden "The Trooper", and Public Enemy "Fight the Power", and blues, on what appears to be the Norwegian version of AGT or American Idol

Did he win?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:53 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Wigeon wrote:Disclaimer: this is not metal, but I think it deserves to be here since it is Ole from Extol and so it can get more visibility and promotion. I just found this in a post in the "Not Metal" topic on this forum from over a year ago. I've always loved Ole's vocals, guitars and songwriting in Extol (and Fleshkiller more recently). In fact, I think Extol suffered during the time he was not with the band. I always heard he was an extremely talented musician and was in his dad's gospel band in Norway since he was 5. But by God, I had no idea he has released 3 or 4 solo albums that sound absolutely AMAZING! 
This album from 2011 is basically funk and soul, similar to Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars, Tauren Wells, with a little Michael McDonald and Michael Jackson thrown in. Outstanding!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZABXtVxyJwg

Fans of Extol should really like the song "Souls in Chains". The guitars and vocals remind me of some of his work in Extol. The last song sounds like it could be a Jackson 5 hit with a young MJ on vocals.

Here's a live performance of one of the title song on that album, and he is flawless - 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jL5NybAjy0

His first album was all covers of CCM bands from what I can tell. Here he is making a White Heart song sound good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92z7t3_eQt4&list=PLle07clLjssnYVLOS_w9_2rTQVv7s6Ong 

Sweet Lord how have I never heard any of this stuff before?

The first link to his solo album reminds me of DC Talk style funk music. 

It’s as far away from Extol as he could’ve gone! LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down