The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single)

5 posters

Go down

Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single) Empty Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single)

Post by Airola Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I saw this song listed on his website some days ago. There were links to iTunes and Amazon etc but no Youtube links or anything like that.
It was a bit of a hassle for a non-US person to get the song as first Amazon didn't accept my payment because I live in Europe and then iTunes bugged me with forced updates and "you have to restart your computer" and all. I eventually was able to log in to iTunes and buy the song from there, and boy was I glad I did! This is REALLY good!

I guess it has been available for quite a while now without Gary mentioning it anywhere. I was able to find out about it by just casually checking out his website.
Anyway, Gary has now uploaded the song on Youtube too, so it's easier now for people around the world to get to listen to it. I would encourage everyone to try and buy the single though.

So, about this song... Gary has mentioned only the bass player on this song who is Derrick Murdock https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Murdock
Now this one has a singer I haven't ever heard. I would think that as Gary hasn't mentioned the singer of this song it probably could be Gary himself who is doing the singing, and man if it is Gary he has been hiding his singer skills from us! But I doubt it is him.

It's a more regular heavy metal song. No thrash to be found anywhere, but oh my gosh I love the song and I really dig the singer whoever he his!

I wonder if Gary is aiming to release a new full length album or if these two songs are just some single releases without any purpose to be in a full album.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single) Empty Re: Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single)

Post by Fundy Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 pm

He's writing some pretty epic stuff at the moment.  I don't buy 'secular' songs much, so I won't be buying his songs (nothing wrong about that, just money constraints!) but I love the sound of what he's doing, and this song is just as epic.

And that Guy and Gary song last year was SOOOOOOOOO good!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single) Empty Re: Gary Lenaire - Taking Flight 1985 (new single)

Post by Wigeon Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:58 pm

He said in a thread on Facebook that the singer was Michael Gildner. A quick Google search reveals that he is apparently a studio singer-for-hire and sings in some other bands as well. Pretty good stuff, not really into the power metal sound though.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 am

I like it. The guitars sound great. The vocals are solid. I like the melodic song structure. But man, those drums are incredibly weak. Ironic since 1985 is in the song title...how much better this would be with some reverb on the drums to add power like they did back in '85! Other than that, no complaints. Nice song that does really sound like the mid 80s!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

That was a good song...And Yes it felt very 80s. Having grown through all the 80s metal and hard rock I could easily imagine this coming out in 1985.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down