The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PANEGYRIST: progged-out black metal akin to late-era Emperor, taken further!

+8
exo
Deepfriar
Devon Hill
eatbugs
strangerhoncho
Kerrick
mothy
xMetalMarkx
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PANEGYRIST:  progged-out black metal akin to late-era Emperor, taken further! - Page 2 Empty Re: PANEGYRIST: progged-out black metal akin to late-era Emperor, taken further!

Post by Son of Nun Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Devon Hill wrote:Again no disrespect, but quotes like this are not orthodox:

"For He became Man that we might be made God."
- Athanasius of Alexandria, De Incarnatione Verbi Dei, LIV.

I'm sorry but I had to address this deeply ignorant statement even if it was made years ago.

St. Athanasius was the primary defender of the Orthodox faith during the crisis of the Arian heresy. It was his work, guided by the Holy Spirit, that defended the doctrine of the Trinity and helped preserve true faith at a time when many pushed a false belief that Jesus Christ was not God incarnate. This quote comes from his work defending the Incarnation of the Son and it is wholly Orthodox. If you really have such limited understanding as to think he means the incarnation opens a path for humans to become God in His essence then you really should not speak on the matter. Please read Church history and theology to find out who this person is and what he meant in his work before making such misguided and false statements.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

PANEGYRIST:  progged-out black metal akin to late-era Emperor, taken further! - Page 2 Empty Re: PANEGYRIST: progged-out black metal akin to late-era Emperor, taken further!

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:50 am

flat circle wrote:Hope no one minds me bumping this thread.

Here are two more recent interviews with Elijah. I believe they shed a bit more light on his Christian faith and I think they are very interesting overall.

https://covenantfestival.com/elijah-tamu-delivers-a-sermon-enlightening-his-antithetical-orthodox-art-part-1/

https://covenantfestival.com/elijah-tamu-reveals-his-rare-unique-methodology-of-worship-part-2/

There is supposed to be a part 3 at some point.

Thanks for posting these.  I look forward to reading 'em when I get a chance!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2