The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime."

+6
Black Rider
Xid
Staybrite
11razorwire
Temple of Blood
PlaceOfASkull
10 posters

Go down

30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime." Empty 30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 pm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation: Mindcrime is the third studio album by the American progressive metal band Queensrÿche. Originally released on May 3, 1988, the album was reissued on May 6, 2003 with two bonus tracks, and again in 2006 as a deluxe box set.
concept album and a rock opera, its story follows Nikki, a recovering drug addict who becomes disillusioned with the corrupt society of his time and reluctantly becomes involved with a revolutionary group as an assassin of political leaders.[9] In January 1989, it ranked at No. 34 on Kerrang! magazine's "100 Greatest Heavy Metal Albums of All Time".[10]
The album was certified by the RIAA as 'gold' a year after its release, and it was certified as 'platinum' in 1991. A sequel, Operation: Mindcrime II, was released on April 4, 2006.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime."

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 1:17 am

What an awesome album. I had it on cassette and wore it out. Then found it 10yrs later on CD for $1. Need to listen again.

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime."

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 am

Masterpiece
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Fri May 04, 2018 8:50 am

A true gem.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Absolutely fantastic album, but I got really burnt out on it.  It is usually the last album I go to when looking for something to listen to by the band.  I way over-played it (wore out two cassette tapes).  Still an amazing album.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm

I listened to this one back to back many times, too.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I also burned out on it but boy is it a great album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon May 07, 2018 4:33 am

Saw Queensryche live last night. The best songs in the set were the OM songs. The entire show was awesome (except for the weird “Screaming in Digital”) but songs like “The Mission”, “Breaking the Silence”, “I Don’t Believe in Love”, and “Eyes of a Stranger” are just head and shoulders above most other bands.  OM was indeed a masterpiece.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote: The entire show was awesome (except for the weird “Screaming in Digital”)
I love that song and would kill to see it live.  Was the performance weird or do you think the studio version is just plain weird too?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Tue May 08, 2018 6:08 am

I like some of the songs on OM, but usually pull out Empire when I'm in the mood for some Queensryche.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 am

Screaming In Digital is a great song. Did they change it up?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 pm

OM is great but personally I enjoyed Empire, Warning and Rage for Order just as much. Every bit of the creativity, musicianship, songmanship and hooks were on those albums as well. OM2 on the other hand....

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 09, 2018 10:25 am

OM2 was mostly painful.  Very Happy
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 09, 2018 11:42 am

OM2 without Chris DeGarmo writing it is a joke!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 09, 2018 12:17 pm

I owned OM2 for about as long as it took to listen to it all the way through once.  Even Dio's guest appearance couldn't rescue the atrocity that album was. I'm only glad I didn't purchase the album new.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu May 10, 2018 3:29 am

Superjuice wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote: The entire show was awesome (except for the weird “Screaming in Digital”)
I love that song and would kill to see it live.  Was the performance weird or do you think the studio version is just plain weird too?

I hate the original song, and never listen to it. It's been years since I'd heard it. I have no idea if the live version stuck to the original or not, but I hated it live, so it probably did.  lol!

I wouldn't have minded so much, but they were up against a curfew after Lynch Mob played a bit longer and they cut Walk In The Shadows, which happens to be my one of my very favorite Queensryche songs and kept Screaming in Digital. I was torqued.
  Grrrr
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Queensryche Released "Operation: Mindcrime." Empty Condition Human

Post by heck Thu May 10, 2018 7:14 pm

For the record, the latest Queensryche album is amazing.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 11, 2018 12:51 pm

heck wrote:For the record, the latest Queensryche album is amazing.  

I agree.  IMO both "Condition Human" and 2013's "Queensryche" LP are both better than anything they have done since "Promised Land".  Firing Tate and bringing in La Torre was an excellent move.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down