The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music

5 posters

Go down

ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music Empty ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music

Post by Pirate Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:13 pm

There were always rumours floating around that Roy left Kamelot for religious reasons.

Here he returns with an awesome Christian song, 'For All':

Would have loved to hear a collaboration with Roy and Ole Børud on some worship music.
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music Empty Re: ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Is he doing more? Song sound like it'd be an intro to an album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music Empty Re: ex-Kamelot vocalist Roy Khan return with Christian music

Post by Andreas89 Sat May 19, 2018 7:22 am

Before Kamelot, Khan was in Conception, a Norwegion prog power band. Apparently their albums were really good, but I can't tell because I'm a CD guy and they were with Noise Records (most of their releases became rare when they more or less died... lots of classics between them), so I never listened to their music.

I'm telling this because Conception was revived last month, working on new material. Link to facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/conceptionmusi2/
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 am

Loved Conception! "In Your Multitude" was an absolute classic! The guitar tone on that album was one of the best I've ever heard, really sharp, crunchy, powerful. They were a highly unique band. Roy was better in Conception that Kamelot in many ways though the sound of the two bands had little similarity. Tore Ostby, their incredible guitar player, went on to form the band Ark and put out two albums. "Burn the Sun" was amazing! I always wanted to hear more from him. He was the brilliance behind Conception.

All that said, this is why I knew Roy was an unbeliever because the lyrics in Conception had that bend, which carried as time went on into Kamelot (though he didn't write most of the lyrics for Kamelot. Thomas did). You could tell religion and a struggle against faith was something Roy always had at the forefront by what he did write. It was cool when he left, turning it all around and finding the Lord!

It'll be interesting to see what happens here because other members are nonbelievers, even Satanists. Ingar formed Crest of Darkness after they broke up and played death metal with a distinct Satanic bend. He had a pentagram around his neck in the booklet for In Your Multitude.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat May 19, 2018 11:47 am

Interesting info. Whatever their lyrical content will be, I don't expect it to be atheism/satanism though. When you follow a path like Khan did, you won't take that, even from friends.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Conception's 1993 album "Parallel Minds" is my favorite of theirs.  I found later Kamelot with Khan to be really boring, the material was just dull.  I have heard that he had become a Christian but have not heard much about him lately nor have I heard whatever he has been working on.

I did hear the newest Conception album, it is dreadful.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down