The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"

+26
jeffcorpse
Hardcore Christian
Follower of Jesus
Black Rider
Fundy
WildWorld
alldatndensum
Andreas89
jaydeecrawson
Galations6.7
Livna
Temple of Blood
Fearless For The King
oldschooldoom
metaldude
deathisgain
Superjuice
exo
Airola
heck
cailen
eatbugs
bodachi
Pershing1134
JPK72
Friday13th
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"  Empty New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"

Post by Friday13th Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:29 pm

It's here, folks. It sounds a bit like "Yahweh", and it's definitely a heavy song. 

My reaction when the chorus came on:  Rolf 2 
I bet it's good live!  Razz
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"  Empty Re: New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"

Post by JPK72 Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 pm

drums are way too loud and no bass and that chorus, just terrible
JPK72
JPK72
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"  Empty Re: New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"

Post by Pershing1134 Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

JPK72 wrote:drums are way too loud and no bass and that chorus, just terrible

+1 million
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 am

I listened to it on my tablet.  The song was so heavy I almost dropped it...

Seriously, though - I do not like the chorus.

Last edited by bodachi on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 am

I just heard it too.  The chorus is very un-Stryper.  The verses are awesome and I like the death metal growls.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 am

Well...I listened to it one time.

Old School Black Sabbath Riff  mixed with

Old School True / Epic / Power - Metal Background vocals.

Traditional Stryper guitar sound with great Duett sologuitas in the end for which Stryper is known and liked for.

Sound is a bit THIN, with less pressure I agree.

Experimental Chorus, something new, maybe fresh,

let´s wait after a few more listenings

new ways also in the death metal vocals in the end.

I like it because it has all the traditional Stryper trademarks
and they also have the courage to try something new
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:05 am

When did Dale Thompson join Stryper?

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 am

The guitar sound is a bit too sharp and thin, but man I don't know what issue people have with that chorus.

It certainly was unexpected but I love it! It kinda has the same fire and fury the chorus of Saved by Love on No More Hell to Pay had, but with Michael going for some sort of a Rob Halford and Guy Ritter sound with it and he does it without holding it back at all.

Definitely the best part of the song!

My interest towards the new album got a new boost from this.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 am

On first listen.....the switch from the verse to the chorus feels really abrupt, but I think I'd get used to it with repeated listens.  Right now, I love every individual segment of the song, just not sure about how it's stitched together.

This is a promising start, for me.  I've always loved my Stryper  HEAVY....and to add some harsh vocals in as well?  SO right up my alley......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:33 am

Supports my theory that 50% of all metal songs are various versions of "Children of the Grave"
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 am

Superjuice wrote:Supports my theory that 50% of all metal songs are various versions of "Children of the Grave"

WinkThumbs up
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 am

exo wrote:On first listen.....the switch from the verse to the chorus feels really abrupt, but I think I'd get used to it with repeated listens.  Right now, I love every individual segment of the song, just not sure about how it's stitched together.

This is a promising start, for me.  I've always loved my Stryper  HEAVY....and to add some harsh vocals in as well?  SO right up my alley......

I agree with this. I also thought the intro was a little too long for me, but that might be just for the video.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

deathisgain wrote:
exo wrote:On first listen.....the switch from the verse to the chorus feels really abrupt, but I think I'd get used to it with repeated listens.  Right now, I love every individual segment of the song, just not sure about how it's stitched together.

I agree with this. I also thought the intro was a little too long for me, but that might be just for the video.

I REALLY hope so.  I listened to it on headphones first, and ignored the video aspect of it......that first 1:15 is a looooooong time for just audio.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 am

Never thought I would.  Metal 2 to a Stryper song.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am

I love it!!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 am

I really like it. First listen through, I'm impressed. When that chorus hit for the first time I was like whaaa....? But by the time the verse came back I was into it. I like the fact that it's different. If this was some new band and not Stryper the chorus wouldn't be all that "shocking" to me. I like it!
Fearless For The King
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 am

Awful!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

Someone in the comments mentioned Halford's Fight - War of Words. That's a spot on comparison.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

Friday13th wrote:Someone in the comments mentioned Halford's Fight - War of Words. That's a spot on comparison.
Yeah I can totally see that
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 am

Very promising, a sure buy for me. I've always loved the first 3 albums and actually hoped for something like this after "Yellow and Black Attack."
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

New Stryper Song "Take It To The Cross"  Empty new stryper song chorus

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

luv Stryper, but the chorus on this song is just ridiculous. omg it's hilarious

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

Friday13th wrote:Someone in the comments mentioned Halford's Fight - War of Words. That's a spot on comparison.

Hardly!  "War of Words" is a masterpiece compared to this.  The songs flowed better and had WAY better hooks than this, even if the riffs were beginner-level stuff.

This is someone who doesn't listen to extreme metal trying to ape it (superficially) to appeal to youngsters.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 am

Nice song, I get the fuss about the chorus though Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:31 pm

After 5 listens....this is essentially Children of the Grave mashed up with a random Fight track, and honestly, the arrangement is just NOT good and the hope I had that it'd grow on me has waned significantly.

I'll appreciate the attempt at something new even if I'm not necessarily fond of the result.

Also, the first 4 listens were out of a phone speaker, that last listen was with the phone plugged into my car stereo......and I IMMMEDIATELY understood the production complaints.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I love the verses and the solo.  The chorus sounds too much like they are trying to be someone or something other than Stryper.

The death metal vocals are so out of place on this that they are funny.  Were they trying to do a parody of themselves with this?  That's how it comes off to me.

I hope the rest of the album is better.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next