The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

+17
elManique
Black Rider
FreeRangeBeliever
Temple of Blood
deathisgain
Fearless For The King
MikeInFla
jeffcorpse
heck
sentient 6
Airola
oldschooldoom
Livna
Soldier777
cailen
alldatndensum
Bill Roxx
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 am

FreeRange and Black Rider, make sure you got the right album. You probably got River Disturbance or Assimilation instead of The Subversive Kind. Lol.

Now, seriously, I totally agree with Airola on this one. I even agree when he says Prophet of Idiocy and Flesh and Blood are some of the best Deliverance riffs ever.

Back to top Go down

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:20 am

I agree..Prophet of Idiocy is some of the best Deliverance stuff ever...Just didn't find anything even close to that good on this album.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote: I even agree when he says Prophet of Idiocy and Flesh and Blood are some of the best Deliverance riffs ever.

Those are two of their best songs ever!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 am

Have given it 3 listens now, it certainly doesn't suck. The title track is most memorable for me.

But it's missing that raw vitality of the first 3 albums, it shows me you just can't go back (to a more youthful immature time). Part of the early charm was the direct, turn-or-burn Christian lyrics - throw in some of that and make the sound less-produced and harsher and we'll get closer.

Still, I'm enjoying this a lot, it's not going to languish.
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! - Page 2 424643586_1130164765007912_8737747213708114491_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_eui2=AeEfI9Ximv10oVGMRFgryAq0TTqnCe2nQtJNOqcJ7adC0km1QfKQkoVg6QpVoMSlkS1OX5g2kVytp9g34qewNehR&_nc_ohc=5CW5pOQuGWAAX_qeA88&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1

Track Listing
1. Bring 'Em Down 
2. Concept of the Other 
3. Center of It All 
4. The Black Hand 
5. Epilogue 
6. Listen Closely 
7. The Subversive Kind 
8. The Fold
9. C-One-9 (bonus - new studio track)
10. Paraphrased (bonus - new studio track)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm

Very cool! I feel the album would benefit from a remaster. The bonus tracks make it even better!

Speaking of Deliverance… there is a new lineup. Apparently Glenn Rogers and Jim Chaffin have left the band over musical differences. 

But that doesn’t mean Jim Chaffin isn’t still involved with Jimmy’s “Novella” project. It would make sense for him to follow through with that. Hopefully there isn’t any hard feelings…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote: I even agree when he says Prophet of Idiocy and Flesh and Blood are some of the best Deliverance riffs ever.

Those are two of their best songs ever!

Indeed they are!

Very powerful thrash songs!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 pm

This album is ok but I don’t know how much I’d care about it if it weren’t from the Big D.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:18 pm

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! - Page 2 AlhwU6xdIiwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:05 pm

I think The Subversive Kind is about the same as Believer’s Gabriel album. 

Both are a nice return to thrash… but kinda lacking the classic chemistry they once had. Also like Metallica’s Death Magnetic album. Very good, but somewhat forced trying to recapture the old sound.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote: Sadly, Deliverance doesn't fit as a christian band anymore.
Really???? Wow, this is very disappointing.
Not sure that's true, Concept of the Other has a rather Christian message
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:34 am

I'm very excited for the two new bonus tracks!

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2