The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album.....

+5
deathisgain
sentient 6
Black Rider
Hardcore Christian
exo
9 posters

Go down

Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album..... Empty Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album.....

Post by exo Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:00 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "Back to the Sea".  

Album releases 1/26/18, on Luxor records.

I'll let the music speak for itself.....

https://soundcloud.com/uxorecords/dagon-back-to-the-sea

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album..... Empty Re: Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album.....

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:31 am

Really like their sound! I'll have to look into lyrics of course, but sounds great!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album..... Empty Re: Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album.....

Post by exo Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:Really like their sound! I'll have to look into lyrics of course, but sounds great!

Shouldn't have issues, unless an occasional nal "horror story" type thing will cause you problems.  There's been a person or two over the years that's not "in" to hearing a Jaws inspired tale of a madman out to destroy the shark resorting to terrible means, or a tale about cannibal pirates, and that's perfectly fine.  Even when they DO write those lyrics, you won't find profanity or anything I'd consider overtly gory.  They're about as "clean" as you get in the deathmetal genre.  

They were previously signed under the Bombworks/Retroactive umbrella,  3 of the guys are Christians (one of them actually hit me up on FB messenger the other day to ask if there was anything he could pray for me about, I've had a bit of a rough patch in life for awhile), and all 4 of them are some of the best "people" I know.  

The only reason I didn't post this under the "Christian Metal" section is that they don't write their lyrics with any sort of religious intent, and don't want people going in expecting "ministry" type lyrics.  The band is simply entertainment.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Good stuff, glad they are still going.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:43 pm

exo wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:Really like their sound! I'll have to look into lyrics of course, but sounds great!

Shouldn't have issues, unless an occasional nal "horror story" type thing will cause you problems.  There's been a person or two over the years that's not "in" to hearing a Jaws inspired tale of a madman out to destroy the shark resorting to terrible means, or a tale about cannibal pirates, and that's perfectly fine.  Even when they DO write those lyrics, you won't find profanity or anything I'd consider overtly gory.  They're about as "clean" as you get in the deathmetal genre.  

They were previously signed under the Bombworks/Retroactive umbrella,  3 of the guys are Christians (one of them actually hit me up on FB messenger the other day to ask if there was anything he could pray for me about, I've had a bit of a rough patch in life for awhile), and all 4 of them are some of the best "people" I know.  

The only reason I didn't post this under the "Christian Metal" section is that they don't write their lyrics with any sort of religious intent, and don't want people going in expecting "ministry" type lyrics.  The band is simply entertainment.
Wow, that's really cool, that they are clean, and actually reached out to you

I will have to pick up this album then!

Always happy to find new metal Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
exo wrote:

I've known 3 of the 4 guys for almost a decade and a half, the newest member for about a year and a half, and he's just as awesome as the other guys.  Very happy to call them true friends.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:57 pm

exo wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
exo wrote:

I've known 3 of the 4 guys for almost a decade and a half, the newest member for about a year and a half, and he's just as awesome as the other guys.  Very happy to call them true friends.
That's really awesome, it is always awesome to find true friends that are actually in bands Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 am

exo wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "Back to the Sea".  

Album releases 1/26/18, on Luxor records.

I'll let the music speak for itself.....

https://soundcloud.com/uxorecords/dagon-back-to-the-sea

Twisted Evil
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 am

exo wrote:There's been a person or two over the years that's not "in" to hearing a Jaws inspired tale of a madman out to destroy the shark resorting to terrible means, or a tale about cannibal pirates, and that's perfectly fine.

I draw the line at cannibal pirates. Pirates are okay, as well as cannibals, but cannibal pirates is just over the line.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 am

You're gonna draw the line THERE?   All this snow is really messing with your decision making ability, next thing you know, you'll be trying the Tide Pods Challenge.

This is the perfect Dagon album.  Some songs fit in perfectly with the atmosphere and complexity of the Vindication EP.  Some songs and riff harken back to the days of Secrets of the Deep and Paranormal Ichthyology. One song on it actually dates back far enough MySpace was relevant..... Production is BETTER than Terraphobic to my ears......

If you like melodic deathmetal, this is NOT an album to skip.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am

Pretty sure Deathisgain is kidding.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Hence my comment about his snow troubles, man Smile

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am

Did you say Cannibal? Oh, I thought you said Cannabis Pirates. CANNIBAL Pirates are fine. CANNABIS Pirates are no bueno.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm

LOL.  Luckily for you though DIG, the Cannabis Pirates don't stand a chance against the ninjas.  So at least that old question can be finally settled.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Depends on if the ninjas get into the cannabis, too.  A stoned ninja probably doesn't have very many advantages over a scurvy sea dog that is used to the debauchery.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 am

This is now officially available at all the major mainstream digital outlets....Spotify, Google Play, iTunes etc...

Physical copies currently available from 

http://www.victorymerch.com/merch/cds/15341/dagon-back-to-the-sea-cd

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkFireDragoon Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Dude... DUDE... its so good... Freakin' HUGE! I've been listening to the album the last few days and I keep thinking the same thing over and over...

...Dagon premiere title track from forthcoming album..... Apple-the-best-gif...

Dagon's really turned into my favorite Melodic Death Metal band in recent years. I keep coming back and finding more that I love about 'em. Crushing riffs, excellent melody, killer vocals, interesting lyrical direction with absolutely fantastic atmosphere and sense of timing. This album has all of those things in full supply. And then crushes more on top of it.

I mean.

IMO.

...*cough*...

...Iloveit...

Metal 2 Metal 2 Metal 2
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 am

Super glad you enjoy them that much, man!  That's awesome!

If I can ever figure out how to capture video off Facebook and post it here, I'll share a couple clips of the release gig.  It was INSANE.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Wow, this band is really good!   I'd heard of them but never checked out their music until today.

I listened to some of "Back To The Sea" and then some of "Terraphobic."

Wish they were a Christian band instead of "Christians in a band," they would easily be one of the best Christian death/thrash metal bands out there.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by 1620 Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 pm

I was just jammin' to this today! Great band!

Walk the Plank \m/

mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down