The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

+11
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Fundy
Staybrite
messiaen77
eatbugs
Andreas89
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 am

MikeInFla wrote:Yeah, I finished up Star Wars and started the GI Joe episode and I noticed in the theme song it mentioned there would be 8 episodes. The Star Wars stuff was cool. I knew Hasbro bought out Kenner and didn't realize they messed up the sweet $$ deal they had lol with Star Wars stuff.
I actually have watched all 4 episodes now, and recommend watching all of them!

Even the Barbie one was incredibly fascinating, bet you did not know that Barbie was based on a European sex doll, used in Gentlemen's clubs

Anyway, also loved the He-Man one as I am a fan of the cartoon as well, also love the G.I. Joe cartoon so thats a gimme

I'm now really looking forward to the last 4
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:We also need to see the infamous Kessel Run.  Seeing Han drop his load to prevent being boarded by the Empire would be cool as well.  He was smuggling Spice, a Star Wars narcotic, for Jabba.  Spoce was illegal in the Empire.  I wonder how folks will like it to find out that their hero was a drug runner.
I don't remember--did Solo say HE made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs or does he say the ship made it?

But he's a drug runner with a heart of gold!
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Well, he says 14 to start with and changes to 12 parsecs in "The Force Awakens".  I don't think he'd be bragging about how fast the ship was unless he was the one piloting it.  Lando could have done it, but with even a friendly rivaly between them, I would think that Han would have made it sound like Lando was going way slower.  This was Han's accomplishment or he wouldn't have been boasting.

They have released a synopsis of the new Han Solo film.  Some of the pages where I get info about the new Star Wars films has people all torn up already.  Why?  Because we will see Han get the Falcon and when he meets Chewie.  We will see him win the Falcon from Lando and a fateful day when he dumps a load of freight and gets in trouble with Jabba.  They are crying because they think they are going to get nothing new as far as storyline goes.  Well, the origins were already established, so you are kind of locked in to those plot points.  How you get there is what should be interesting.  Knowing Han's luck, I bet that most of this will be by him making bad decisions and flying by the seat of his pants.  Even as a General in the Rebellion, that is his signature style of handling everything.

I don't know why people have to try to ruin everything.  It is getting where I can't read comments on anything anymore without realizing that people can't be satisfied with anything.

The only thing I am dissatisfied with the Han Solo movie is that we are 4 months from release and we haven't seen a trailer.  They NEED to release at least a teaser.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The only thing I am dissatisfied with the Han Solo movie is that we are 4 months from release and we haven't seen a trailer.  They NEED to release at least a teaser.
They will push it back to December guaranteed

I will honestly be really surprised if we don't get an announcement soon, plus if we don't have trailer by February, I think December is a gimme
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:The only thing I am dissatisfied with the Han Solo movie is that we are 4 months from release and we haven't seen a trailer.  They NEED to release at least a teaser.

I will honestly be really surprised if we don't get an announcement soon, plus if we don't have trailer by February, I think December is a gimme
Nope, it will be May.  The posters are already in the theaters.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Well, he says 14 to start with and changes to 12 parsecs in "The Force Awakens".  I don't think he'd be bragging about how fast the ship was unless he was the one piloting it.  Lando could have done it, but with even a friendly rivaly between them, I would think that Han would have made it sound like Lando was going way slower.  This was Han's accomplishment or he wouldn't have been boasting.

They have released a synopsis of the new Han Solo film.  Some of the pages where I get info about the new Star Wars films has people all torn up already.  Why?  Because we will see Han get the Falcon and when he meets Chewie.  We will see him win the Falcon from Lando and a fateful day when he dumps a load of freight and gets in trouble with Jabba.  They are crying because they think they are going to get nothing new as far as storyline goes.  Well, the origins were already established, so you are kind of locked in to those plot points.  How you get there is what should be interesting.  Knowing Han's luck, I bet that most of this will be by him making bad decisions and flying by the seat of his pants.  Even as a General in the Rebellion, that is his signature style of handling everything.

I don't know why people have to try to ruin everything.  It is getting where I can't read comments on anything anymore without realizing that people can't be satisfied with anything.

The only thing I am dissatisfied with the Han Solo movie is that we are 4 months from release and we haven't seen a trailer.  They NEED to release at least a teaser.
Well, that seat of his pants thing is how he said he did everything in TFA.

I figure you are right that it was his accomplishment, but it would also be a very Han thing to do to let people think he was piloting the ship when it made that time even if it was someone else's accomplishment.

I totally understand what you mean about the comments.  Like I said on Gary's FB post:  some people take this stuff WAAAAYYYY too seriously.  Chill folks, it's a movie, not the fifth Gospel.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 am

I totally understand what you mean about the comments.  Like I said on Gary's FB post:  some people take this stuff WAAAAYYYY too seriously.  Chill folks, it's a movie, not the fifth Gospel.

You mean the Jedi aren't real?  Chewbacca isn't anything more than a huge cute carpet sample?  And, you can't really adopt a Porg?

I have to call my therapist and get into my safe place!  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 am

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 2 ItsTrue_AllOfIt
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 am

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 2 Mzq6m

P.S.: notice the jazz hands
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 am

Vader learned those jazz hands while learning his dance routines for his Michael Jackson fan club recital:

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am

Nah, I think you're wrong, and I'd be willing to bet the existence of Episodes X, XI, and XII to prove it. When Disney pushes a date back, they do it the year prior. I think they are taking the new model of less advertising. The 3rd Cloverfield movie comes out in April and there have been no trailers, posters, marketing or announcements of any kind.

I'm guessing the Solo teaser will drop one week after the Super Bowl.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 pm

While I thought the first Cloverfield movie was okay, I loved the 2nd as it definitely wasn't done in a way to make you even feel like it was a sequel until the end.  I can't wait for the 3rd installment to see how they tie it all together.

Oh, now back to Star Wars.

I would think they will do a short trailer with the Super Bowl and the full length when Black Panther comes out in February for the new Solo solo film.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Oh, now back to Star Wars.

I would think they will do a short trailer with the Super Bowl and the full length when Black Panther comes out in February for the new Solo solo film.

Perhaps, but remember, they skipped the Super Bowl last year. The teaser came out later.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 pm

New Creation wrote:

Nah, I think you're wrong, and I'd be willing to bet the existence of Episodes X, XI, and XII to prove it. When Disney pushes a date back, they do it the year prior. I think they are taking the new model of less advertising. The 3rd Cloverfield movie comes out in April and there have been no trailers, posters, marketing or announcements of any kind.

See I did not even know there was going to be a third Cloverfield, shows how good the marketing works? Wink
New Creation wrote:

Perhaps, but remember, they skipped the Super Bowl last year. The teaser came out later.
Yes but this movie comes out way sooner

If this truly is their marketing don't think its going to do well Neutral

And are you sure m77 that there are posters in theaters? Is it just the logo?

Because I have not even seen posters online, and people were freaking out when one was supposedly posted but it turned out to be fan made

Also with this movie coming out in May they are really over saturating the market, The Last Jedi will still be in theaters in places well into February

And if it does come out in May, then its over a year and half till episode 9

If they are trying to stay in peoples mind's by releasing every December they won't be doing themselves a favor
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 am

I maybe pleasantly proven wrong, as I see there are rumors that a trailer will be released this Wednesday
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 am

Also with this movie coming out in May they are really over saturating the market, The Last Jedi will still be in theaters in places well into February

Fans will still see it.  They are doing 3 Marvel superhero films this year.  Two of these characters (Black Panther and Ant-Man) will also be in this year's Avengers: Infinity War.  Disney knows how to oversaturate and still get fans to come in.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

New Creation wrote:

See I did not even know there was going to be a third Cloverfield, shows how good the marketing works? Wink
New Creation wrote:

Yes but this movie comes out way sooner

If this truly is their marketing don't think its going to do well Neutral

And are you sure m77 that there are posters in theaters? Is it just the logo?

Because I have not even seen posters online, and people were freaking out when one was supposedly posted but it turned out to be fan made

And if it does come out in May, then its over a year and half till episode 9

If they are trying to stay in peoples mind's by releasing every December they won't be doing themselves a favor
Yep.  I saw The Last Jedi a couple of weeks ago and saw it then.  It's a pretty bare poster--I think just the logo and the May 25 release date.

Donald Glover as Young Lando--I like it.  He doesn't quite have the charisma and swagger of Billy Dee Williams, but I think he'll be a great Lando.

Last edited by messiaen77 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 am

Has anyone seen anything verifying Mark Hamill's story that the original script for The Force Awakens had the movie opening not with the Star Destroyer looming over Jakku, but with Luke's severed hand and lightsaber floating through space, entering Jakku's atmosphere (where the hand burns away), the lightsaber falling into the sand, and an alien hand (possibly Maz's) picking it up and taking it away?  I sure hope this was some kind of April Fool's Day interview or something, because I cannot fathom anyone being hired to work on such an iconic film franchise by such a reputable production company who thought this was anything but a stupid idea.  I mean, it would work for Spaceballs 2, but not the relaunch of Star Wars.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Fans will still see it.  They are doing 3 Marvel superhero films this year.  Two of these characters (Black Panther and Ant-Man) will also be in this year's Avengers: Infinity War.  Disney knows how to oversaturate and still get fans to come in.
It's true, but the average joe is not necessarily gonna go see it, which is what brings in most the cash

I saw that comparing The Force Awakens to The Last Jedi, that domestically TLJ has made 300 million less than the TFA

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=starwarsdisney.htm

I mean of course Disney does not care as long as it makes money, because you for sure can bet there will be a Star Wars movie every single year until they milk it dry

messiaen77 wrote:Yep.  I saw The Last Jedi a couple of weeks ago and saw it then.  It's a pretty bare poster--I think just the logo and the May 25 release date.

Donald Glover as Young Lando--I like it.  He doesn't quite have the charisma and swagger of Billy Dee Williams, but I think he'll be a great Lando.
Well I hope we do get a trailer this week then
messiaen77 wrote:Has anyone seen anything verifying Mark Hamill's story that the original script for The Force Awakens had the movie opening not with the Star Destroyer looming over Jakku, but with Luke's severed hand and lightsaber floating through space, entering Jakku's atmosphere (where the hand burns away), the lightsaber falling into the sand, and an alien hand (possibly Maz's) picking it up and taking it away?  I sure hope this was some kind of April Fool's Day interview or something, because I cannot fathom anyone being hired to work on such an iconic film franchise by such a reputable production company who thought this was anything but a stupid idea.  I mean, it would work for Spaceballs 2, but not the relaunch of Star Wars.
I would not trust that, Hamill is the kind of guy that would bs or exaggerate anything Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 pm

messiaen77 wrote:Has anyone seen anything verifying Mark Hamill's story that the original script for The Force Awakens had the movie opening not with the Star Destroyer looming over Jakku, but with Luke's severed hand and lightsaber floating through space, entering Jakku's atmosphere (where the hand burns away), the lightsaber falling into the sand, and an alien hand (possibly Maz's) picking it up and taking it away?  I sure hope this was some kind of April Fool's Day interview or something, because I cannot fathom anyone being hired to work on such an iconic film franchise by such a reputable production company who thought this was anything but a stupid idea.  I mean, it would work for Spaceballs 2, but not the relaunch of Star Wars.

There's gonna be a Spaceballs 2?!?!?!?

(yes that was all I took away from your post.... Laughing)
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:I mean of course Disney does not care as long as it makes money, because you for sure can bet there will be a Star Wars movie every single year until they milk it dry

Yep. I imagine that the Obi Wan movie is in full swing WITH Ewan McGregor and Episodes X, XI, and XII are already on the drawing table. I imagine they are also working on a Knight of the Old Republic movie too.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 pm

New Creation wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:I mean of course Disney does not care as long as it makes money, because you for sure can bet there will be a Star Wars movie every single year until they milk it dry

Yep. I imagine that the Obi Wan movie is in full swing WITH Ewan McGregor and Episodes X, XI, and XII are already on the drawing table. I imagine they are also working on a Knight of the Old Republic movie too.
Well a week or two ago, McGregor said he knew as much as we did about an Obi Wan movie, and is open to doing it, if Disney will let him, so at this point I don't think they have started yet

And Johnson said that the next trilogy will be "completely new and will go to a never before seen part of the galaxy, with completely new characters unrelated to the Skywalker family" so I'm not sure it will actually be called episode 10, 11, and 12

Also I would love a KOTOR movie, but I don't see that happening until they do a Boba Fett movie, and other characters from the main movies

They made everything else non-canon so they could potentially completely change the Old Republic era, if that is even what they will call it Sad
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:

There's gonna be a Spaceballs 2?!?!?!?

(yes that was all I took away from your post.... Laughing)
http://www.slashfilm.com/mel-books-talks-spaceballs-2/

That's all I know.  I'd say probably not, but who knows.  Of course Barf and Dot Matrix are not available, although it might work in the film to do some really cheesy CGI scenes with them.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am

I've decided to let go of my hatred for the prequels.

For so long, I've wished that we could erase them from history, or that someone would remake them, or, or, or...

But now I'm just letting them go.

I do own all 3, and do watch them once a year. Whenever a Star Wars movie comes out, as a family, we sit down and watch all movies in chronological order (not release order), and whenever we do, I enjoy the scenes that I like and occasionally, I'll see something or hear something I had not heard before.

But now I'm just going to let them fade. In future years, when we do our little "marathon" (which usually takes 3-4 weeks), I'll leave out the prequels. We have so much material now that I'm just going to let I-III fade into history. Plus, I can always fill their spot with animated features like, 1) Star Wars: Clone Wars (animated series, 2003-2005), 2) Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008, animated movie), 3) Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated series, 2008-2015), and 4) Star Wars: Rebels (animated series, 2014-present). I am consciously skipping Star Wars: Forces of Destiny (animated series, 2017-present), or, what I'm calling, a poor attempt by Disney to market Star Wars to little girls.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next