The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

+11
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Fundy
Staybrite
messiaen77
eatbugs
Andreas89
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 11, 2019 5:56 am

Disney recently made public their plan to alternate a new SW movie with a new Avatar movie. Starting in 2021 and ending in 2026, we will see a new movie every year and a new SW movie every other year.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 am

I am not sure that folks are really wanting more Avatar.  While it was a decent flick, it was a little Star Wars mixed with Pocahontas.  It did so well because there were no other big sci-fi contenders at the time.  Now, they have a lot more competition, and the story of Avatar hasn't really aged well.

If they do more of them, I may or may not see them.  The first one felt complete and didn't really need more in my opinion.  To continue just feels like feeding the ol' cash cow to me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

I want some new SW new settings, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 am

What I want to see is some canonization of the Old Republic.  Although I guess since characters from those stories/games/novels are starting to appear in canonized games, and with Darth Bane appearing in TCW that may mean their stories are becoming canon.  Still, I'd love to see them in movies.

I'd also like to see them fill in some gaps between ROTJ and TFW.  Actually between the Aftermath novels and TFW.  Maybe they were keeping some of the birth of the First Order story under wraps to not spoil the return of Palpatine, or maybe they didn't want the whining of the people who thought there was too much politics in the prequels, but it really doesn't seem they did enough to support the rise of the First Order out of the ashes of the Empire.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Bump.

Thoughts?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:23 am

After seeing the new one, I feel that we could have had something amazing but have been cheated out of it.  We got mediocrity and lazy storytelling.  They should have let Star Wars die with Vader and the Emperor.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Has anyone seen the Star Wars:Mandalorian show on Disney + yet? I dont have it yet (i'm planning on subscribing in January), and the Baby Yoda reveal was spoiled by all the memes online, but I've heard it's some of the best SW material in a long time.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:44 am

Yes, Mandalorian is excellent. I also enjoyed Rise Of Skywalker
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:After seeing the new one, I feel that we could have had something amazing but have been cheated out of it.  We got mediocrity and lazy storytelling.  They should have let Star Wars die with Vader and the Emperor.
If this trilogy was created with the sole purpose of making the prequels seem acceptable then they succeeded. I understand that The Last Jedi created a mess to be cleaned up for whoever directed this last one, but to me this was a major failure and has effectively muddled the story of the original trilogy.

Love Rogue One and Solo, but I have decided to consider that this latest trilogy does not exist alongside the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Erasmus wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:After seeing the new one, I feel that we could have had something amazing but have been cheated out of it.  We got mediocrity and lazy storytelling.  They should have let Star Wars die with Vader and the Emperor.
If this trilogy was created with the sole purpose of making the prequels seem acceptable then they succeeded. I understand that The Last Jedi created a mess to be cleaned up for whoever directed this last one, but to me this was a major failure and has effectively muddled the story of the original trilogy.

Love Rogue One and Solo, but I have decided to consider that this latest trilogy does not exist alongside the others.

I agree wholeheartedly!  To be honest, if they do any further Star Wars movies, I will mostly likely think twice about going.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:15 pm

I disagree.  The Rise of Skywalker almost saved this trilogy from complete irrelevance.  Was it perfect?  No, but it was a big mess to clean up and I'm surprised it did as well as it did.  Time will tell where it ranks with me but Rise of Skywalker will be at least in the top half. 

I will still prefer the sequel trilogy to the prequel trilogy, but nothing touches the originals.  I loved Rogue One but didn't care for Solo.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:23 am

I saw TLJ for the first time yesterday... or at least the first hour. It's not nearly as bad as I feared, quite enjoyable. Not as good as some of the EU material that was set after Episode 6, but still entertaining. We'll probably finish the movie tonight.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:46 am

I heard they were going to introduce Darth Vador's wife...

Here name is Ella Vador

Word is she don't go all the way up to the top Razz

This joke doesn't work well when written due to spelling issues, but otherwise it's kinda funny, I guess, maybe, kinda sorta, whatever
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Rockrz wrote:I heard they were going to introduce Darth Vador's wife...

Here name is Ella Vador

Word is she don't go all the way up to the top Razz

Hey!  No spoilers!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:53 pm

It's actually just a cheesy joke...

You know, Darth and Ella Vador Very Happy
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:02 am

Rockrz wrote:It's actually just a cheesy joke...

You know, Darth and Ella Vador Very Happy
I had to use Google to find out what this is. Can't stop laughing right now Very Happy

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 5 Darthv11
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Yeah, I told that to a guy at the store one day and he got all excited and said something about reading the star wars chronicles er whatever to learn more.

Turns out he was a major nerd that was way to deep in to the star wars deal.

He probably thinks it's all real Rolling Eyes
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:58 am

It's not real???   affraid affraid affraid

Mommy, I need my blankie.  I'll be in my safe space today.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am

I laugh when I hear about these young people that have to go to their "safe space" anytime somebody disagrees with their viewpoint or otherwise tells them something they don't wanna hear.

When I was growing up, people told ya all kinds of stuff and if I didn't like it I'd ignore them and leave... well, I had to wait till I was 17 to leave the house so I put my dad on ignore ALOT

There was NO safe place cause he's invade it and bring his belt and start whippin that backside Laughing  

But, out of all fairness I did engage in some parent abuse so I had a butt whippin coming in most cases.  Before I knew the Lord, I was not nice to most people unless it was some cute babe Cool
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:34 am

The only things about Star Wars that I don't want to hear is that A) Rian Johnson will direct any more films or B) that this new trilogy was actually good.

lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:11 am

5 episodes into The Mandalorian and I have to say it's real good. Good plots, and some really cool action scenes.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:15 pm

So do they have a futuristic star wars metal sound track?

You know, where in the future all metal is created by AI robots?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 am

Not robots, but there is this:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 pm

I kept waiting for the nephilim lead singer to jump in... cat must of had his tongue Cool

The shape shifters probably open for these guys
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:14 am

Another one

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next