The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgyblaeth - Revelation

2 posters

Go down

Disgyblaeth - Revelation Empty Disgyblaeth - Revelation

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm

This is a "side project" of mine, a full length album I recorded in March/April 2017. While not technically metal (actually kind of hard to describe musically), since this is marketed/distributed by a Christian metal label, contains Christian lyrics (not instrumental) and I've heard it referred to as (more than once) "black metal without the metal", which I would agree with.... I decided to make this thread in this section of the forum for those reasons.

Disgyblaeth has kind of a dark ambient, dark folk, martial industrial, sad church music, etc. feel to it... (again, hard to describe)
The project name is Welsh for the word "Discipline".
The lyrics are VERBATIM the chapter/verse coordinates in the NLT version of the Bible.

Already, this release has gotten some decent recognition.
Its listed as one of the "essential albums" for November 2017 in BandCamp.
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/11/10/bandcamp-essential-releases-nov-10/

CDs and Digital Downloads are available:
https://visionofgodrecords.com/product/disgyblaeth-revelation-cd/
https://visionofgodrecords.bandcamp.com/album/revelation

I've uploaded the whole album to YouTube as well.

Thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Thank you,
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Disgyblaeth - Revelation Empty Re: Disgyblaeth - Revelation

Post by eatbugs Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Hey!  I really like that!  "black metal without the metal" is pretty accurate.

I will get this at some point (sorry, after the medical bills got paid every penny is being saved to feed the Mouse in Orlando).

I'm not sure if it's my crappy computer speakers but an "improvement" would be to put the vocals just a little higher in the mix.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for the input bro!  When you get a chance, I'd like to know what you thought of "the vocals" using a pair of headphones.  I panned them left right and center so its got a nice "surrounded" feel to them.

My intent with the vocals wasn't so much straight-forward "voice delivering words" like typical music, but as an extension of the ominous presentation as a whole.  Ever seen a creepy movie where you hear a collective of whispering but can't discern what's being said?  I was kind of going for that.  XD

Yeah, medical bills suck.  I'm going to be staring down more of them myself with a surgery consultation next Monday.  Have fun on your vacation though.  Unfortunately because of complications I'll have for the rest of my life, traveling great distances is forever off my plate.  Sad
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:55 am

I finally picked this up from Vision of God.  In the right setting it's really, really good.

Yes, I used headphones this time and it made all the difference.   I definitely need to be in the right mood for it, but in the right mood it's perfect.

Any plans for more of this?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks bro! Smile

Yes, I would like to do more of this.  I've had new ideas swimming around in my head for a sophomore release, but I haven't had the chance to materialize them yet.

I totally relate to the "right mood" for this music - which is what I have to be in to make stuff like this...  My "next" music plans involve more black metal (Orationem) so, if not 2019, maybe 2020?

I can't commit to WHEN more Disgyblaeth will be worked on, but I can commit that there is a WANT to make more!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down