The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD pre orders now available

+7
crucifyd
Pershing1134
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Hardcore Christian
Bill Roxx
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD pre orders now available - Page 2 Empty Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD pre orders now available

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:17 am

To be honest, it only got a shade louder.  The mix and mastering of the original was extremely good for the time.  So, the bass and drums hit a little harder with the remaster, but there is little change except for the overall volume.  If not for those two bonus tracks, it would not have been worth it if you have the original.  If you don't, then it was well worth it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD pre orders now available - Page 2 Empty Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD pre orders now available

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:To be honest, it only got a shade louder.  The mix and mastering of the original was extremely good for the time.  So, the bass and drums hit a little harder with the remaster, but there is little change except for the overall volume.  If not for those two bonus tracks, it would not have been worth it if you have the original.  If you don't, then it was well worth it.
But the bonus tracks are only Worley singing?

Are they worth 10-15 dollars?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Went by my post office box today and still has not arrived!  Looking forward to it!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 am

Maybe we can convince Bill to print up another 500 since this one went so fast.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:13 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Maybe we can convince Bill to print up another 500 since this one went so fast.
its still not on the store, still waiting to see if there will be any leftovers
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 pm

I stalled on ordering this.  Crud, I hope I can still order the CD.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:Maybe we can convince Bill to print up another 500 since this one went so fast.

From what I understand there are none left.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

If that's the case, hopefully they will make another run. 
This album is too good not to be available to everybody.
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Where'd you get that?

In the message I got from Bill, he said they are out of purple vinyl and cassette and would post the leftovers

Well you may be right if nothings been posted yet then there probably werent any Sad
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Was told that by someone on the CHM forum that has talked to Bill more recently. CD's are gone.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Bummed for those that wanted a cd, hopefully Roxx will do another pressing.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Dang! Well we can always hope
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Just saw this posted on Facebook.  It made me think of this thread, so I thought I would post it here:  "the remaining copies of the Purple vinyl and other items are all being released to the public tonight! Watch the Roxx Records store and Amazon, eBay and more! We hope you guys enjoy it!"
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 am

Woooooo! Ordered, awesome! They also have some new copies of the Delieverance S/T reissue (but I already have a previous version so no need to get another).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm

FInally got mine. Awesome! Haven't had a chance to play the whole thing yet but I am beginning to think this is a reissue and not a remaster at all. There is nothing in the liner notes about it being a remaster. Anyone know if this was remastered and if so who did it? either way, glad to finally have a copy that isn't bootleg.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:FInally got mine. Awesome! Haven't had a chance to play the whole thing yet but I am beginning to think this is a reissue and not a remaster at all. There is nothing in the liner notes about it being a remaster. Anyone know if this was remastered and if so who did it? either way, glad to finally have a copy that isn't bootleg.
From the sounds of it i might as well just stick with my original copy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm

MikeInFla wrote:FInally got mine. Awesome! Haven't had a chance to play the whole thing yet but I am beginning to think this is a reissue and not a remaster at all. There is nothing in the liner notes about it being a remaster. Anyone know if this was remastered and if so who did it? either way, glad to finally have a copy that isn't bootleg.

I was going to buy this for the 2 bonus tracks, but I don't know if I can justify it. I have 2 copies of the original. Paying $14 plus shipping for 2 songs doesn't seem like a wise investment. There was a time (about 5 years ago) that I would buy every release possible by 80's/90's bands, but that grew expensive and quite honestly, I didn't listen to them all.

As for the reissue vs remaster...it was never stated to be a remaster. It has been listed as a reissue from day 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2