The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD

+8
Kerrick
crucifyd
timekeeper
alldatndensum
Pershing1134
stevegarveyfan
New Creation
Wigeon
12 posters

Go down

1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD Empty 1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD

Post by Wigeon Tue May 30, 2017 2:08 pm

An old friend of mine just hooked me up with a VHS tape of this show we went to in San Antonio in 1993. I just reconnected with him after many years and had no idea this video existed. The quality is pretty decent. It starts with footage of Todd Stephens (of XL and DBD) and Greg Minier shooting pool before the show when a mullet-sporting teen with a Vengeance Rising shirt (yours truly) rudely interruptws Greg Minier for an autograph between shots. He was kind enough to oblige. I had no idea who XL was, or I would have asked for his autograph too. 

The video has a few clips of the opening act "Groove Land" which sounded just like The Black Crows, most if not every song from Mortal's set (awesome), one song from Applehead with Todd Stephens (XL), Jim Chaffin and Jeff Belew backing him, then they introduced XL and the same guys backed him along with Mark Soloman doing vocals on his verse during "Sodom and America", then a few songs from The Crucified. I mentioned this show in the "Most Memorable Show" thread a while back. It was definitely one of the most memorable, if not the most memorable show I got to see back in the day. 

Update: Here is the video. Quality is not great, gets out of focus during some of the Mortal show, but gets better after that.

Here is the concert flyer from the show. Applehead and XL where a pleasant surprise on the bill.
1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD Crucif13

Last edited by Wigeon on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD Empty Re: 1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD

Post by New Creation Tue May 30, 2017 3:10 pm

I'd be most interested in this, especially since live Mortal footage is more rare than other bands!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD Empty Re: 1993 concert footage of The Crucified, Mortal, Applehead, XL and DBD

Post by stevegarveyfan Tue May 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Yeah, let's see this!
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue May 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Bring it!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 31, 2017 9:44 am

When you convert to digital, you should cut each band's segment into its own video.  That way, you don't have to keep advancing to skip what you don't want to see.

I'd like to see that opening band, Applehead, and XL & DBD but don't care about the others.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed May 31, 2017 10:15 am

Uh, yeah!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 am

alldatndensum wrote:When you convert to digital, you should cut each band's segment into its own video.  That way, you don't have to keep advancing to skip what you don't want to see.

I'd like to see that opening band, Applehead, and XL & DBD but don't care about the others.

​don't care about The Crucified?!?!??!​

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 pm

crucifyd wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:When you convert to digital, you should cut each band's segment into its own video.  That way, you don't have to keep advancing to skip what you don't want to see.

​don't care about The Crucified?!?!??!​

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Not in the least.  If you knew me very well, you'd know that I care little for bands of more extreme styles especially with the more abrasive style of vocals that typically go with it.  So, no Crucified for me!  Love me some Saint, Bride, Guardian, and Whitecross, though!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 pm

yeah alldat, I do know that about you... just getting a little jab in... Very Happy

they're just one of my favorites
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 31, 2017 7:39 pm

crucifyd wrote:yeah alldat, I do know that about you... just getting a little jab in... Very Happy

they're just one of my favorites

Ya don't say!  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed May 31, 2017 11:24 pm

Capturing from VHS to my PC now. Will upload entire show to YouTube later tonight or tomorrow and post link here. Sorry, you'll have to skip past the stuff you don't like. One of these days if I have free time I'll split into separate videos. If you are in to drumming, you should really watch the Crucified footage. My buddy who took the video was a drummer so he focused on Jim Chaffin a lot. He is amazing! I've never really been a big fan of drumming and rarely notice the drumming much less differences between drummers, but Jim just seems to be on another level and does some amazing things.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:59 am

Enjoy. 

Last edited by Wigeon on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:13 am

Thanks for putting this up!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublezone Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks
Troublezone
Troublezone
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm

This is great stuff!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 am

Glad you guys enjoyed it. The video quality and focus seems to get better throughout the show. I'm guessing this is rare footage of Applehead and XL, as they were both short-lived projects and I couldn't find much out there. From what I hear it may be rare footage of Mortal too. I'll work on separating the shows into different vids and try to share with the band members soon.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 am

I already shared it with Mark Salomon, I think it's going to move fast.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:34 am

New Creation wrote:I already shared it with Mark Salomon, I think it's going to move fast.
Cool. Any feedback from him?
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:41 am

Love the Applehead footage, thanks!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:27 pm

I broke then up into separate videos.

Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 am

Sure beats a Fold Zandura show..
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 am

Superjuice wrote:Sure beats a Fold Zandura show..
I enjoyed Fold Zandura's music and saw them play live 2-3 times along with Stavesacre in the mid-90s. I have to agree with you, both bands pale in comparison to their former incarnations and the energy of this show.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx74 Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Great video to watch, thanks for sharing! Just shared it with Todd Stevens (XL) and he freaked out! LOL
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down