The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phrase brings a song to mind

4 posters

Go down

phrase brings a song to mind Empty phrase brings a song to mind

Post by crucifyd Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:41 pm

thought of this when I saw the "song stuck in your head" thread.

do you ever hear a phrase in general conversation, either just the phrase or the phrase as part of a sentence, and it immediately brings a song to mind? I can't think of an actual example that happened but a hypothetical would be someone says "What a joke" and you think of / start hearing What a Joke by Deliverance in your head.

whenever that happens to me, not only does it come into my head, but if I am at home I usually start playing it for my family...happens semi-frequently...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

phrase brings a song to mind Empty Re: phrase brings a song to mind

Post by eatbugs Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Regularly during church Twisted Evil Embarassed .  I start drumming on my pant leg and it drives my wife nuts.  I also can't think of examples of exactly what was said but last week in church I got Theocracy's "Tower of Ashes" and "30 Pieces of Silver" in my head at various times.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 pm

not exactly what the topic is (huh, derailing my own topic) but last week my pastor used the phrase "Tortured Conscience" several times...of course immediately thought of the band
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:00 pm

My example happened several times today:
Pastor brought up how we never have to teach our kids how to be disobedient so Theocracy - Hide in the Fairytale came to mind.
A few minutes later he defined the term "justified"...thus Die Happy - Justified.
A few minutes after that he quoted Luke 4:18-21...thus Disciple - Next Time.
Near the end of the sermon he outright quoted Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Whenever I hear someone say "you've got another thing coming", a certain Judas Priest song comes to mind.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 am

crucifyd wrote:thought of this when I saw the "song stuck in your head" thread.

do you ever hear a phrase in general conversation, either just the phrase or the phrase as part of a sentence, and it immediately brings a song to mind? I can't think of an actual example that happened but a hypothetical would be someone says "What a joke" and you think of / start hearing What a Joke by Deliverance in your head.

whenever that happens to me, not only does it come into my head, but if I am at home I usually start playing it for my family...happens semi-frequently...
Yes, though i don't have an example.

A little different, but more so, I think thematically with songs. I love music that has a message. So, nto so much with a particular line or phrase as you do, but with ideas.

For example, often when I hear politicians lie or the mainstream media report (lie), I think of, Bajo Control by Rata Blanca. This hapen a lot these days. It talks about how society goes headlong being deceived and then states that everything is bajo control (under control. There's a double entendre in the term bajo control referring to tyrannical statism and also divine control. So, it paints the picture of the uglyness of state control and at the same time alleviates the pain with the comfort knowing that their is divine control in the bigger picture.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down