The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

+8
metaldude
arttieTHE1manparty
Staybrite
Andreas89
Black Rider
eatbugs
My Awesome Timothy
Hardcore Christian
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album?

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap45%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Seventh Avenue Album I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 20

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album Empty Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I dont know if we already had one of these? I searched up Seventh Avenue and there was no poll topic

So I thought I would start one, to see what your guy's favorite album is (I'll include EP's)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album Empty Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 pm

For me Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so went for 'Terium'.  Really hope they get round to releasing Radiant with the ex-members of Seventh Avenue.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

I've only heard the last 4 full lengths and agree with My Awesome Timothy that they got better with every album. Terium is a mammoth album!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Its really tough for me despite only owning 3 of their albums!
I own Tales Of Tales, Southgate, and Terium

Tales Of Tales and Southgate, both kinda have the same track layout
They have an opener that sets the tone of the album, then the title track, followed by 2 really solid heavier songs, then the 5th song on each album are probably my favorite's on their respected albums, Father on Southgate and Temptation on Tales Of Tales

Then the rest of the albums dont have as many stand out tracks, I personally like the last 4 tracks on Tales Of Tales better than the last 4 on Southgate. Southgate does have the killer instrumental half way through though.

The only problem I have with Terium is to me it gets old, by the end of the album, I think they should have left off maybe 2,3, or even 4 songs

I like how with the other albums they have an intro that sets the tone, which Terium does as well, for me the first 5 songs (tracks 2-6) are all amazing, I enjoy Needs and Two Masters but by then songs start to blend together
The only other stand out tracks towards the end are Betrayal and Way To The Stars, the former being one of my favorite SA songs and the latter just being a really solid heavier song

Anyway sorry to rant a bit, just wanted to put these thoughts somewhere

I think at this point I will vote for Tales Of Tales, I have heard great things about Eternals but I want to see the results
Either way its really close between ToT and Terium
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I also only have 3.  I voted Tales as well for nostalgic reasons (first one I got after hearing them on the first HM Mag sampler disc).  Mostly I voted just to see what everyone else thinks and get that one next.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 pm

eatbugs wrote:I also only have 3.  I voted Tales as well for nostalgic reasons (first one I got after hearing them on the first HM Mag sampler disc).  Mostly I voted just to see what everyone else thinks and get that one next.
Me as well, Im hoping to see what else is popular, I heard awhile ago that Eternals was top notch so that one is gonna be next unless I see otherwise
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:56 am

IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 am

Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.

True, love Eternals.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:45 am

All I have heard of them is the three albums I own. And those are: Eternals, Tales of Tales and Between the Worlds.
I voted for the album I listened to mostly. Eternals. But also love Tales of Tales.

I remember I totally lost interest in this band when I got Between the Worlds album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:13 pm

I have some serious beef with this band. They kind of play one of my favourite styles of power metal (throwing in some 80s Maiden), but their music somehow does not grab me. They have a handful of good songs on the four albums I know (from Southgate onward), but most of their songs feel incohesive and lack catchiness. A capital sin for a German power metal band.
On top of that, all of their albums drag on for way too long. 45-50 minutes of that music may make a decent album.

I'm being harsh here, I know. But just take a listen to a band like Evertale, who more or less play the same style, and yet can get away with an album of over 77 minutes without becoming boring.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:00 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:
Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.

True, love Eternals.

Even though I am not really a huge power-metal fan my vote would also go for Eternals.  There really isn't a poor song on the album.  I had the same issue with Terium that HC had, it just seems to drag on a little too long (they should have scrapped a few of the songs)....I also get a little tired of hearing the word Terium over and over again throughout the album.

I am a huge fan of well performed cover songs, so their cover of Survivor's "Burning Heart" on the "Between the Worlds" album is a certainly a favorite of mine.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I voted Between The Worlds, but could've just as easily voted Eternals. The last 4 have been stellar albums!

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:03 pm

I chose Terium. I wanted to like the others, but I just can't make myself listen to them.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Well said. I too voted for Eternals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:22 am

Cydonius wrote:
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forums!

Huge Star Trek fan, awesome profile pic!

What bands/genres are you into other than Seventh Avenue?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Cydonius wrote:
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forums!

Huge Star Trek fan, awesome profile pic!

What bands/genres are you into other than Seventh Avenue?

Thanks, man! Huge Trekkie here too, especially DS9. I like all kinds of music but especially Doom, Stoner 70s, Thrash, 70s Fusion, 50s & 60s Jazz, Hard Bop, etc. As far as Christian bands go Disciple, Place Of Skulls, Nomad Son, Deliverance, Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, Audio A, Kevin Max, Extol, Rob Rock, Narnia, Sacrament... Seventh Avenue isn't even one of my top bands. Ha! I put some info on the "Welcome Yourself" section too so I don't derail this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 am

One thing I just realized is how is Goodbye considered an EP?
Just because it has multiple versions of songs?

Its literally an hour long and has 9 tracks on it!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am

^It's one of life's mysteries I guess. Between Light and Darkness by Dark Moor is also considered an EP even though it's well over 50 minutes. Probably because it's some kind of compilation of bonus tracks of previous albums and some acoustic songs. Or Rain of a Thousand Flames, which might be my favourite Rhapsody album. It's 42 minutes long and considered an EP, probably because it holds an alternative ending to their multiple album concept. Even though they were all new and unique songs.
And at the same time, some under 40 minutes CDs are considered albums. I think it's just what the band or label wants it to be Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Andreas89 wrote:^It's one of life's mysteries I guess. Between Light and Darkness by Dark Moor is also considered an EP even though it's well over 50 minutes. Probably because it's some kind of compilation of bonus tracks of previous albums and some acoustic songs. Or Rain of a Thousand Flames, which might be my favourite Rhapsody album. It's 42 minutes long and considered an EP, probably because it holds an alternative ending to their multiple album concept. Even though they were all new and unique songs.
And at the same time, some under 40 minutes CDs are considered albums. I think it's just what the band or label wants it to be Razz
I own a lot of albums around 40 mins or less that have 10 songs and are considered full albums

Then there's a couple albums that have 5 songs but almost are an hour in length Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:05 am

See? There's no general rule on this, apart from what the artist or label thinks Wink

And since we're pointing out weird statistics on this subject, I'd like to point at Transatlantic's The Whirlwind. One song, about 78 minutes. But well, there's no doubt about the fact that that's an album.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

Andreas89 wrote:See? There's no general rule on this, apart from what the artist or label thinks Wink

And since we're pointing out weird statistics on this subject, I'd like to point at Transatlantic's The Whirlwind. One song, about 78 minutes. But well, there's no doubt about the fact that that's an album.
Uh no, I think thats a single! lol! Just Joking
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Just got a copy of Eternals in the mail! Metal 1

Liking it so far, it seems the production isnt as good as other albums
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:48 am

Like some of the others have said Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so I reckon Terium is their best.  Although Eternals is just as awesome!  It was a sad day when they quit in 2012.

Here's a letter from mike in 2012

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t
parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.

We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is
associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked
for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know
about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean
image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.

The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.

I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 am

Fundy wrote:Like some of the others have said Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so I reckon Terium is their best.  Although Eternals is just as awesome!  It was a sad day when they quit in 2012.

Here's a letter from mike in 2012

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t
parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.

We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is
associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked
for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know
about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean
image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.

The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.

I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike

Let's hope the spinoff from SA happens and 'RADIANT' is born!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 am

After 5 years, more or less, I finally have found the time to revisit Eternals album and just remembered why the band was so awesome. It's heavy, the lyrics are clearly about christianity and the vocals are amazing.

But in half an hour, I see why I don't listen to the Seventh Avenue that much. The songs are too long and make listening to an album a tiring experience. At least a few of their songs could have less than 6 minutes. Sometimes 3:30 minutes is enough for a song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next