The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRIMSON THORN - Complete Collection

5 posters

Go down

CRIMSON THORN -  Complete Collection Empty CRIMSON THORN - Complete Collection

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Got my CRIMSON THORN anthology 3 CD disc set, all 3 albums and bonus track completely remastered.  Really good value for money 49 tracks of blistering death metal for $20!!!  Looking forward to spinning this later.....   

Metal 1  Anyone else got this yet, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by My Awesome Timothy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment)
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

CRIMSON THORN -  Complete Collection Empty Re: CRIMSON THORN - Complete Collection

Post by average joe Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Anorexia Spiritual (Living Sacrifice Cover)  was recorded for a Christian Thrash Tribute album that never happened. The plagued demo shows how good of a thrash band they could have been.  How is the remaster of that demo?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

CRIMSON THORN -  Complete Collection Empty Re: CRIMSON THORN - Complete Collection

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:03 pm

average joe wrote:Anorexia Spiritual (Living Sacrifice Cover)  was recorded for a Christian Thrash Tribute album that never happened. The plagued demo shows how good of a thrash band they could have been.  How is the remaster of that demo?

Sounds pretty good for a demo, all in all a great package and well worth $20 bucks!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

I haven't been around here in forever, but am a long-time Crimson Thorn fan.

I way out of the loop and don't know about this release.  I guess I also don't exactly know why the Anorexia Spiritual cover was recorded, but I can tell you that it was included on a Living Sacrifice tribute album, 2001 on short-lived Clenchedfist Records, that absolutely happened.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 pm

^This is way off topic, but wow what a throwback remembering Clenched Fist, they weren't around long but put out good stuff. There was a band out of Portugal called Perpetual Flame that signed with them, sounded awesome but then never released an album, just a few songs, one called under the digital rain. Soterios was another good one they had, and wasn't Thy Pain (who had Rocky from Living Sacrifice) put out "More than Suffering" with them. And I might be mistaken but wasn't the first release from Soul Embraced through them before Solid State acquired the rights and re-released it with a different cover?

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

I'm looking through my collection -- yes.  I have 4 Clenchedfist titles, the LS Tribute, Soul Embraced "For the Incomplete," Soterios "The Blinding Pain of Unspoken Word," and Thy Pain "More than Suffering."  According to drindustrial.com they also put out Kekal, Narcissus, and Grace for the Fallen  http://www.drindustrial.com/labelInfoMain.php?label_id=62 That's about the best I can find at a cursory glance, but I could believe that there may have been more.  The four titles that I have I've held onto because I like them, at least a little bit.  So yeah, good label, despite a small output. 

I remember the name Perpetual Flame, but at this point I couldn't tell you where I heard them or what they were like.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Storms of Disillusion Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Storms of Disillusion
Storms of Disillusion
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down