The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision?

+16
Blake
stringfellow_hawke
PlaceOfASkull
Wigeon
Pirate
SpaceGuy
Stender
eatbugs
exo
Superjuice
arttieTHE1manparty
Black Rider
metaldude
alldatndensum
Markus1987
Nocturnal Servant
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision? Empty Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision?

Post by Nocturnal Servant Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:04 am

I had never heard of Eternal Decision until my cousin suggested them to me. I was surprised when I first heard them, they are actually pretty good IMO. It's a shame that they don't have much attention, but they have released three full-length albums. The vocals are very similar to Metallica. If your a fan of classic Christian thrash metal, you'll probably dig this.

--------------------------------------------

Eternal Decision - Power

https://youtu.be/gvO9bKGx85g
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision? Empty Re: Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision?

Post by Markus1987 Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:12 am

Totally forgot this band. I'm listening right now, and really like what I'm hearing Metal 3
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision? Empty Re: Anyone here ever heard of Eternal Decision?

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 am

I have all three albums.  I am in the minority here and prefer the more modern rock vibe of their third CD.  They really seemed to hit their stride with songwriting with it to me.  The album was also better produced and had an overall better sound.  Perhaps I should remaster the first two just for giggles.

I don't know if Eternal Decision are still around or not.  Seeing how many years it has been since they released anything, I would guess not.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 am

I too have all three albums. I still listen to them from time to time.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 pm

The first one is incredible, nice traditional thrash. The second started to change, a little more modern and the third one lost me. 
I'd love to hear these remastered and with drums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm glad I know this band now, I'm gonna have to tear the web apart looking for their three albums.

I like the song "One Nation" on their third album, but their first album is definitely my favorite. I haven't found anything on the net that says they disbanded (yet). And the wiki says they are still active (but probably outdated). But it would be sick if they surprised us with a fourth release, or a remastered album.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am

I also have all three records.  I think I probably prefer "Ghost In The Machine", but like all of them.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Black Rider wrote:The first one is incredible, nice traditional thrash. The second started to change, a little more modern and the third one lost me. 
I'd love to hear these remastered and with drums.
Speaking of re-mastering, anybody heard from the guy from The Huntingtons who re-masters classic metal releases?

Last edited by Superjuice on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm

This is a band that never clicked for me.  They sound great, just never grabbed me.  Another one of those bands that got a couple listens and then I moved on from just due to the sheer volume of music available out there.

Last edited by exo on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect fail)

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:29 pm

exo wrote:This is a band that never clicked for me.  They some bad great, just never grabbed me.  Another one of those bands that got a couple listens and then I moved on from just due to the sheer volume of music available out there.

Me too.  I have the first one and it's ok but there will always be more good music to buy than there will be money to buy it or time to enjoy it.

Based on this thread it sounds like the 2nd and 3rd ones are better.  Maybe I should give them another chance.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Stender Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 pm

I had the s/t years ago when I was trying to snatch up everything I could find that was christian thrash. It's been awhile, but they kinda struck me as 2nd rate sound a likes to Pantera and 'and justice..' era Metallica. The cover art was interesting. I should dig it out again and listen.
Stender
Stender
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:43 pm

I have all three albums and seem to like the first two the most but I must confess I rarely listen to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Color me surprised so many people don't know of them. 

AFAIK, they disbanded when one of the members had to go overseas to work on an oil project with the Russians in the Caspian Sea or something like that.

2-3 years ago, when they were last brought up on CMR, someone mentioned that the members formed a new band with 2 of the 4 members, but hadn't released anything since then. 

Was ED III really 15 years ago? I remember buying that one the day it came out.. Had to order it. Lord, I am getting old!

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

First christian rock/metal band I ever listened to. Found it on a service called Kazaa labeled "new metallica single unreleased". Changed my life forever:)
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stender Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

I don't know if their website is still up, but apparently they had mp3s posted of a few songs from an unreleased 4th album that was in the works. May be worth investigating for the ultra fans, haha.
Stender
Stender
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Are there ultra fans of Eternal Decision?  Shocked
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Stender wrote:I don't know if their website is still up, but apparently they had mp3s posted of a few songs from an unreleased 4th album that was in the works. May be worth investigating for the ultra fans, haha.

Link to a sampler of their "to-be-released" album:
http://picosong.com/i3S9/
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Also some of the members started a new band "Bring the War":
https://www.facebook.com/bringthewarband/

Band Members
Vocals - Mike Zero
Guitar - Tommy Torres
Guitar - Cory Boatright
Drums - Dave Campbell
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stender Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Black Rider wrote:Are there ultra fans of Eternal Decision?  Shocked

There's ultra fans of everything on the internet. Wink
Stender
Stender
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 am

Stender wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Are there ultra fans of Eternal Decision?  Shocked

There's ultra fans of everything on the internet. Wink
I'm an ultra Stender fan...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm

I liked them back in the day. Got to see them play at the Texas Rockfest in 1997. I have a couple of their CDs. I just found this video of that show with footage of them and a bunch of other bands (Obliteration, Eloi, Corpse, Disciple, Frank's Enemy, Ultimatum, Eternal Decision, Tourniquet and others):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOM3Er5hYgM

There's also a video of the entire Tourniquet show from that weekend also. A much younger and thinner version of myself can occasionally be seen head banging and flailing around in the pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFNW5elxxS0
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:50 pm

My friend had their first 2 CD's. We saw then in concert around 2000.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu May 11, 2017 11:43 am

I remember years back they were working on new stuff.  Haven't paid attention since then.  I like them a lot though.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 pm

I think there are a few bands that were on hiatus because members went to Iraq. I thought I read that Eternal Decision was one of those bands, as well as Apostisy.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:14 pm

I've been getting into them recently... I also noticed the big resemblance to Hetfield's vocals
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next