The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

+12
My Awesome Timothy
Follower of Jesus
crucifyd
New Creation
arttieTHE1manparty
TheOldMan2084
roblinb
FreeRangeBeliever
Sir Shred A Lot
metaldude
Temple of Blood
Hardcore Christian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

believer - Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 am

In case anyone is unaware, the songs are streaming for free at their Bandcamp site: https://believer.bandcamp.com/releases

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

believer - Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

Post by crucifyd Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:58 pm

you should give it a chance...

I like 'em so far...

I'd say thrash / speed metal is my favorite genre but at the same time it's nice to have something different to listen to ...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by roblinb Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:The two new tunes are "Home" and "888." My worst fears have become realized...

These tunes are nothing like the Believer I have loved. It's basically nu-metal with some atmospherics thrown in. "Home" just drags on and on. It's about two minutes longer than it should be. "888" has more crunch, but it lacks energy. I don't even think I'll bother to listen to the remaining eight songs that they'll be releasing this year. Yuck...

I thought that "Gabriel" and "Transhuman" were OK, but these new songs do nothing for me.

I can see where you're coming from, especially when it comes to "Home."  That is a really left field tune, and sounds like nothing that they've done before, which usually that hasn't bothered me with these guys before....  but to be honest I just found it to be really weird and a little dull.  However the second track "888" was much better in my opinion(and I wonder what the deal is with the song title).  It sounded more similar to the progressive Transhuman style, and I thought it was catchy. 

I couldn't make out some of the lyrics, so I couldn't accurately tell you about what theme or subject matter that they might be covering on this still untitled new album.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have some heavier stuff coming, though.  They do still enjoy playing that stuff, so hopefully we get to hear some.

Last edited by roblinb on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

roblinb
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 pm

I really like these songs! Having never really bought an album since I found a copy of Extraction, I have little expectations

That said, I'll have to view lyrical content before I spend anything on this
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Listening to these, I get their comments about writing good songs. The songs are well written. I like them quite a bit. It's some simple atmospheric rock with some chunkier guitar work and great vocals. It's not progressive, just merely different. It's certainly no stretch from Transhuman. Musically, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. I had no expectation anyway.

Will I buy the album? Probably not. I found Transhuman and Gabriel musically fine but there was really no value for me. Lyrically, there was nothing of any worth and as such they had no lasting value beyond the initial hope and excitement of getting a favorite band back. If there's no value in the message it won't really matter how much I like it musically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:56 pm

MK58 wrote: Musically, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. I had no expectation anyway.

Will I buy the album? Probably not.
My first two thoughts Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am

My first two thoughts...

1.  I love that bass sound.
2. It sounds like Believer channeling King's X.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 pm

My first two thoughts...

1. Pop
 2. Sounds like a softer version of Transhuman

Third thought: Blurred visions .....

Fourth thought: Worldly rejection ...

Grrrr      Metal 1 Guitar guy Grrrr           Rockin Loud   Metal 1

Sad  

Smile
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 am

First thought:  I'm tired of metal bands peddling beer and coffee.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 am

^Hahahaha.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

Pop.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2