The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums...

+3
alldatndensum
6stringgrind
Soldier777
7 posters

Go down

Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums... Empty Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums...

Post by Soldier777 Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:05 pm

I have questions about the Bloodgood albums...

From what I see, the latest remastered versions of these classic albums are:

Bloodgood Intense Millennium 2010
Detonation Intense Millennium 2010

Rock In a Hard Place Legends Remastered Series 2015
Out of the Darkness Legends Remastered Series 2015

Are the years correct when these were released?

Are these the latest versions/reissued of these CDs?

Are their any talks of Bloodgood and Detonation being remastered again as part of the  Legends Remastered Series?

Is there a significant difference in the sound quality from the original recordings and these versions? Do you think you got your money's worth from these new versions? I know the bass is more prominent in Rock in a Hard Place. I have the KMG 2 for 2 albums versions of these albums. I am considering getting these newer versions.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums... Empty Re: Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums...

Post by 6stringgrind Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 pm

In my opinion, stick with the KMG double. I thought the remaster of Detonation was very shrill. Almost painful to listen to. The remaster of the self-titled is pretty good. Maybe pick that one up if you do anything, but the originals are more pleasant to listen to, in my opinion. (The KMGs are clones of the originals)

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums... Empty Re: Questions about the first 4 Bloodgood albums...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:35 am

I Got the S/T and Rock in a Hard Place. Both worth buying in my opinion. Actually, the remaster of Rock in a Hard Place is a MUST for every bloodgood fan, as the original version isn't that good.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:23 am

I think they are worth getting as far as the remasters go.  You can actually hear the bass and bass drum that was seriously lacking in the original mastering.  You do lose some of the stereo spread in the recordings though as you excite certain frequencies.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 am

I got the re-release of the s/t and I agree, it is well worth the price. It was a good improvement on the original. RIAHP also was improved on the re-release. I never cared for OOTD, so I've not heard the new vs. old versions, and I just never picked up the re-release of Detonation. When I want Bloodgood, I find that I either go for All Stand Together or Dangerously Close. I'm a stickler for production quality, and those last two records have production that was miles better than the first 4 records.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 am

When I want Bloodgood, I find that I either go for All Stand Together or Dangerously Close. I'm a stickler for production quality, and those last two records have production that was miles better than the first 4 records.
I'd almost agree with you on that.  While those are my go to records, it is because of the son writing and message that grabbed me.  "Dangerously Close" has the production.  On "All Stand Together", the bass is almost missing from the mix as well.  It NEEDS a proper REMIX or RE-RECORD.  Just remastering alone will not fix that album and it needs it so much as it is my favorite of the first 5 albums.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 am

Basically I hear a thumbs up for the s/t and Rock in a Hard Place. I found the original mx on Out of the Darkness was sufficient.  They got the production right on this one. What are your thoughts on Detonation? As for All Stand Together, the production lacked the range and depth. The albums to me that had good production would be OOTD and DC. I have the original CDS for the 2 live albums set Alive in America snd Shakin the World and I liked the raw live feel of these albums.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 am

Somehow the album All Stand Together didn't make my boat float. I actually don't own it, even though Bloodgood is one of my all time favorite bands. All the other albums, including DC are simply awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:I think they are worth getting as far as the remasters go.  You can actually hear the bass and bass drum that was seriously lacking in the original mastering.  You do lose some of the stereo spread in the recordings though as you excite certain frequencies.

I would agree with this, although if you have a decent EQ on your system, you can do a bit of tweaking and the sound is still really good.

Personally, I hated the KMG Double Release, but I pretty much feel that way about ALL KMG releases unless I can't find the originals anywhere.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm

The "Rounded Are The Rocks" re-recorded is awesome, I wish they would do more of those songs. I would post it here but I didn't find it online anywhere. I have the song on my iPod. I think I got it free when I signed up for the Bloodgood mailing list.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm

I think if you go here and click the "Free Download" you can get it there.

http://www.bloodgoodband.com/music.html
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:12 pm

All Stand Together is my favorite record by the band, with their latest, Dangerously CLose, being my second fave.  But I like them all...

Arttie

Last edited by arttieTHE1manparty on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Out Of The Darkness followed by Detonation and Self Titled and Dangerously Close never listened to the others
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down