The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh, People Suck...

+6
deathisgain
guilty/forgiven
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
messiaen77
Kerrick
10 posters

Go down

Ugh, People Suck... Empty Ugh, People Suck...

Post by Kerrick Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am

Very late the other night after a very fun party, I walked Veronika back to her place, said goodnight, and walked home to my place.  There were a couple people out and about here and there but the streets were mostly quiet.  A very "friendly" and "drunk" man approached me, trying to sell me a beer.  He asked where I was from and not wanting to be rude, I engaged him in a brief conversation.  I refused the beer though out of nowhere he gave me a hug.  I just figured he was drunk and friendly.  I said bye and kept walking.  Moments later, I realized my phone was no longer in my cargo pocket.  I turned around and ran after him, demanding he return my phone.  Another man - presumably in cahoots with the pickpocketer - pushed me out of the way while the first man jumped the fence into the park and vanished.  At that point I just walked away; there was nothing else I could do and I wasn't about to get in a fight with one or two guys who were much bigger than me in a city I don't know well.  I had hastily bought traveler's insurance right before my trip so I was hopeful that I'd get at least some of my phone's cost paid for but alas, it turns out electronic devices are not covered.  Super lame!!!  Ugh, People Suck... UqXu2fjbVF6U7IKtBrQO   Since I have never lost or broken a phone in the past, I didn't opt into the insurance through my carrier either.  So I'm out the cash.  What's worse is that the previous day Veronika and I had gone on a fantastic hike and took a bunch of gorgeous pictures!  Thankfully I have been pretty good about loading my pictures from my phone onto my computer pretty regularly so I only lost a couple days' worth of pictures.  I feel pretty violated, foolish, naive, and bitter...  My phone had a Vials Of Wrath sticker on the back so maybe the thief will be inclined to look them up, read the lyrics, and be inspired to pursue a life with God instead of the immoral deceit and theft he currently lives out.  And it'd be REALLY nice if my phone was somehow returned to me!  Ok, end of rant.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Ugh, People Suck... Empty Re: Ugh, People Suck...

Post by messiaen77 Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 am

Man, that sucks.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue May 17, 2016 11:33 am

Ugh that sucks big time
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Tue May 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Sorry man that really sucks
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Tue May 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Kerrick, I'm changing plans in June and will be getting a new phone then. If it works out that i can keep my old phone, would you be interested in my current one ? It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in beautiful shape. I was gonna just use it as a music player in my truck, but if you are able to use it, if your carrier will allow it, it's totally yours bro.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue May 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Dude, that blows. It wasn't a new phone was it? I remember you talking about getting one a while back.

Have you checked out what the crime rate is like there? I know when my wife's father came from Brazil years ago, he was happy to be able to wear his jewelry in public. In Brazil, you would be robbed within minutes.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Sorry to hear that bro.

In which country that happened? Did you press charges against unknow person here? That could help for validity of insurance and - if you are lucky - find your phone.

My phone had a Vials Of Wrath sticker on the back so maybe the thief will be inclined to look them up, read the lyrics, and be inspired to pursue a life with God instead of the immoral deceit and theft he currently lives out.

Yes praying for that. Maybe it's for high poverty level reasons but i have some doubts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue May 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Well I'll definitely pray for that guy! (and you). Sorry to hear you lost those pictures too! All of them have been amazing  Sad
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Tue May 17, 2016 10:48 pm

C'mon, don't you know that having a cell phone is a basic human right? He was just cutting out the middle man ... no need for you to give your money to the government and then the government turn around a purchase a phone for this guy. He just cut out all of that hassle and red tape and completed the transaction quickly, efficiently and directly. The only real difference is that this way is a bit more shocking ... but you'll get over it ... or at least you would have to if it was the government confiscating your property.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue May 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Professor_Valconian wrote:C'mon, don't you know that having a cell phone is a basic human right? He was just cutting out the middle man ... no need for you to give your money to the government and then the government turn around a purchase a phone for this guy. He just cut out all of that hassle and red tape and completed the transaction quickly, efficiently and directly. The only real difference is that this way is a bit more shocking ... but you'll get over it ... or at least you would have to if it was the government confiscating your property.
Smile
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Oh man that completely stinks.  It's hard not to think bad thoughts towards people when they do crap like that.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down