The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will this be the next fight for marriage equality ?

+7
Peter who was Vaak
ThomasEversole
Deepfriar
alldatndensum
Andreas89
Hardcore Christian
sentient 6
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will this be the next fight for marriage equality ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will this be the next fight for marriage equality ?

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Why is it that every time someone has an OPINION here that believes something is wrong that the "religion card" gets thrown?
you threw the first one when you posted scripture...why do you think what the people in the article did is wrong? Your religious belief..right?

Are we not supposed to even discuss things that trouble us about this world?
I dont see you discussing anything...you threw out a bible verse and then your next post is about giving me crap because you hated what I said and what I believe...If you think I am wrong then why do you care what I said...ignore it and go on.. Smile

I don't get why it is "religion" to comment about this or any other issue unless you are trying to get people riled up.

you don't get it because your beliefs dont teach that it is religion but instead teach it is truth..and thats fine...I understand that....
The belief system that me and Deepfriar hold however does call beliefs outside ours "religion".... (thats why their is basically a theological war between teachers of our view and teachers of your view) ..the point is we should all be able to discuss and say what we want and express our views even if its opposite of someone elses view..I merely expressed my view and the view of the theology I believe... so Chris, why not express your view and the views of your church on this and lets discuss... Smile

Let me tackle your first question:  where do I get my beliefs about what this couple is doing as wrong?  Not my religious beliefs--from a Biblical standpoint.  It was wrong in the Bible and that makes it wrong today.  There are far too many "believers" who are exchanging the truth and authority of Scripture for watered down lies. 

I will tackle your final statement:  why don't I share the my beliefs and that of my church?  Because when I do, someone likes to throw out inflammatory statements labeling anyone with a different, more conservative view as "religious" like it is a dirty word.  Besides, I didn't even throw out a verse condemning their actions.  I only wished to show that man's thoughts were only continually evil.  However, to those that wish to stir the pot, what is actually said isn't considered.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Will this be the next fight for marriage equality ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will this be the next fight for marriage equality ?

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Time for a little advice from Disney's "Frozen", Thomas.  Just "let it go, let it go-o"!

lol!

Hey alldat, I got some of this quote leftover that you gave me in the other thread. I'll share with you what I have left bro!
LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:What the neighbor and his family do down the way is none of my business (or yours) and whatever the government decides the constitution protects on the issue of marriage is fine with me...

Doesn't the gov, courts, etc first need to define what a marriage is ( and is not ) before they can look at the constitutional aspect of gay, incest, polygamist marriage ? As far as I know the court has just stated their opinion that gays have the right to participate in the legal marriage process ?

Historically the founders would not believe in the constitutional right of homosexuals being allowed a governmentally sanctioned marriage. This is a cultural play by people who want their values to be reflected in the laws of the land in opposed to the previous set of established values.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Andreas89 wrote:There are hardly any anchorpoints in western culture to prevent these people from doing what they want to do. Of course I have an opinion about why this isn't a good idea, but I try not to judge them.

I believe the spiritual endgame is this - to use a cultural shift to marginal Christians and to even one day label talking to sinners about the Gospel as " hate speech. " I'm quite sure the culture at large does not believe that their purpose is such, its just simply a matter of pagans acting like pagans. Your average person in the West may not care for inect, homosexual marriage, etc, but they are too afraid to be label as " intolerant " by liberals. I'm still not sure what some people mean by not " judging " people. When dealing with people one on one you really do have to make judgments about peoples behavior and actions to open the door to discussing sin/judgmnt and their need for a savior. And that's what liberals really want to shut down eventually, because the Gospel is an offense to those who are perishing.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Don't drag true insanity down, sentient 6.  Let's say what it really is despite what some may think of us.  Our world is evil.  Remember what God Himself thought about the depravity of mankind in Gen. 6.

Gen. 6:5 wrote:And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Oh, I whole-heartedly agree alldat. Sometimes I like to use say " crazy " or " insane " for these types of worldviews because most liberals do not have a meaningful view of " evil, " if one at all.

...and just being a bit facetious  as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:54 pm

ThomasEversole wrote: millions of people don't know Jesus, etc. are a much bigger fish to fry.

Yep, and I've found that I have had WAY more opportunities to talk about the Gospel with people because of the ever increasing cultural shifts.

Look, I still live in this world too. Christians can still have a voice in a government that is supposed reflect the will of the people by their elected representatives. We can do all the things you mention while at the same time give a hoot about what our culture defines marriage as, and issues of life and death.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Let me tackle your first question:  where do I get my beliefs about what this couple is doing as wrong?  Not my religious beliefs--from a Biblical standpoint.  It was wrong in the Bible and that makes it wrong today.  There are far too many "believers" who are exchanging the truth and authority of Scripture for watered down lies. 

Yeah, good post. Christians are supposed to conform to the Word of God and be lead by the Word of God. Pagans on the other hand are ruled by other authorities - their passions and their emotions.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Thread is being monitored closely.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Boy people say whatever they want and bicker in other threads ( and here ), but the minute I express myself here its starts to get scrutinized ?

At any rate.....message received.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Time for a little advice from Disney's "Frozen", Thomas.  Just "let it go, let it go-o"!

lol!

Hey alldat, I got some of this quote leftover that you gave me in the other thread. I'll share with you what I have left bro!
LOL

Sentient 6, I got enough too for you man!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Boy people say whatever they want and bicker in other threads ( and here ), but the minute I express myself here its starts to get scrutinized ?

I think that was more for me and a couple of others.  Without any further promptings from the leadership, I will play nice.  I think I've said all I want or need.  I doubt this conversation will be productive in a public setting from this point forward.  So, I'll do more than "let it go" and just bow out of this one now.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:47 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Boy people say whatever they want and bicker in other threads ( and here ), but the minute I express myself here its starts to get scrutinized ?

The message was not intended SPECIFICALLY for you.   You aren't quoted, or addressed by name in the post, so there's no need to go get hurt over it.  Believe it or not, sometimes staff doesn't get in to every active post every day.  Karam's dealing with a helluva situation in his life living in Venezual.   Kerrick is in process of moving to Barcelona for several months.  I've got my own life crap that takes higher priority.  It's a general reminder for everyone to dial it back and keep their cool about things. If you're gonna go get salty over it, maybe you don't need to be participating in this conversation.

Now, since you seem to want something to justify your persecution complex, here you go:  a 6 post carpet bomb of replies isn't gonna help things.  Ever.  I'd think you'd understand that by this point given some previous conversations, but  apparently you still need a reminder from time to time.  Consider this it.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 am

I believe the spiritual endgame is this - to use a cultural shift to marginal Christians and to even one day label talking to sinners about the Gospel as " hate speech. " I'm quite sure the culture at large does not believe that their purpose is such, its just simply a matter of pagans acting like pagans. Your average person in the West may not care for inect, homosexual marriage, etc, but they are too afraid to be label as " intolerant " by liberals. I'm still not sure what some people mean by not " judging " people. When dealing with people one on one you really do have to make judgments about peoples behavior and actions to open the door to discussing sin/judgmnt and their need for a savior. And that's what liberals really want to shut down eventually, because the Gospel is an offense to those who are perishing.
you know S6, I have met plenty of "Liberals" that are against gay marriage and think marriage is between one man and one woman (unrelated people) and I have met some "conservatives" that are open to anything goes.. There are plenty of Christians who vote for liberals...You seem to think that if a person isn't a Christian who views scripture and theology like you then they are "liberals" and "pagans"...thats not true..
Here is a question for you...Where are the scriptures that say Christians should try and change the government? Where are the verses that say Jesus and Paul got involved in politics? What makes you think the constitution is a Christian document (I dont see the name of Jesus in the constitution and the word God could be interpreted as any God..especially since the framers themselves did not believe in the same Gods..(some were deist, some were Christians and some were atheist)

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:50 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Time for a little advice from Disney's "Frozen", Thomas. Just "let it go, let it go-o"!

lol!

LOL

Sentient 6, I got enough too for you man!

Sorry Savage Amusement, I ran out. You're on your own.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
you know S6, I have met plenty of "Liberals" that are against gay marriage and think marriage is between one man and one woman (unrelated people) and I have met some "conservatives" that are open to anything goes.. There are plenty of Christians who vote for liberals...You seem to think that if a person isn't a Christian who views scripture and theology like you then they are "liberals" and "pagans"...thats not true..
Here is a question for you...Where are the scriptures that say Christians should try and change the government? Where are the verses that say Jesus and Paul got involved in politics? What makes you think the constitution is a Christian document (I dont see the name of Jesus in the constitution and the word God could be interpreted as any God..especially since the framers themselves did not believe in the same Gods..(some were deist, some were Christians and some were atheist)
Actually, the only mention of a deity of any sort in the Constitution is right above the signatures where it says "in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred eighty-seven".

Not just here, but in general I am just completely tired and fed up with slapping labels on people as a way to dismiss them without actually having to pay attention to what they say.  It is a weak and lazy way to "win" an argument.  I'm also really tired of the "everyone's out to get us" mentality Christians have.  Quite frankly, I see very few instances of people going out of their way to attack Christians and our way of life.  Yes, there are overzealous activists with an axe to grind, but for the most part people just want to live their lives and not have other people tell them how to do it.  That's the issue I see with Christians and these issues--Christians trying to impose their belief system on other people in contexts where it is not expected.  If someone is upset because they walked into a church service and heard they were a sinner, well, that's on the person.  But if they go into a restaurant and heard it, that's a whole other matter.  I'd say the average person in the West may not care for incest, same-sex marriage, or whatever, but figure as long as they are left alone, they aren't going to stick their noses into other peoples' business.  Somewhere along the line, we went from sharing the love of Christ to being the morality police and it is really hurting our witness.  I'm sure you have already dismissed me as a liberal, if not a pagan, but I'm convinced modern evangelism has gotten it wrong with the emphasis on sin and hell.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:43 pm

↑ Bravo!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2