The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freemasons?

+6
Soldier777
Superjuice
messiaen77
Blake
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freemasons? Empty Freemasons?

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm sure some of you guys have heard me talk about living in a "village".
Two blocks from my house is the village square which has a nice brick building with the infamous "Compass and Ruler" symbol(s) on it.

Anyone have any opinions on Freemasons?  I've seen everything from them being secrete illuminate new-world-order types, to them being a prestigious boy scout club for old guys, to being opposed by Christians, to being accepted by Christians to being secret, secret, hush, hush, secret stuff the general public doesn't know about to "secrets" being like an art class, drawing designs and calling them important...

Part of me wonders if ANY of that is true and its all somewhere in between?  Does anyone know?

I never looked much into it - even though I have an ancient masonic sword in my possession that looks pretty darn cool.  I've been walking a lot more since my feet have healed from chemotherapy.  Never noticed this plaque on the side of the building until today.

Freemasons? Masonwall

That symbol in the middle definitely caught my eye... as well as the title "Grand Master".
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Freemasons? Empty Re: Freemasons?

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 pm

In addendum, my wife's grandfather that passed away last year was a Mason. They had a "Last Rites" at his funeral where these guys wore white loincloth things (over their clothes LOL) and this one guy did an absolutely OUTSTANDING from memory speech with a very elaborate dialogue.

They used some rather interesting nouns (ie: The Great Architect) that alluded to God, but sort of in the Alcoholics Anonymous style "higher power". In other words, God to Christians, but something else to somebody else...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:42 pm

My grandfather (who I'm named after) and his father were both masons.  My mom has some of their stuff including a hat, pins, a gold (?) trowel, some cape thing with writing on it, etc.  I've never looked into it and am not interested at all other than slightly curious what it actually is...  My impression is more along the lines of "a bunch of old guys hanging out wanting to be all secretive and important like little boys in the tree fort their dad built."  But I'll admit I have no idea...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Indeed!  We should join so we can find out!  alien

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:05 am

I dont know enough about them to have an opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:40 am

I believe those 3 symbols represent different "Orders" or as we would call it "Denominations" of Freemasons. The one in the middle I believe is "The Order of the Eastern Star:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Eastern_Star

No, I am not a mason haha. The only reason I know this is because every morning I drive past this little building on the way to daycare and it has a sign with the middle symbol on it. My first thought was "wow, theres a satanic temple here". I then saw the more known compass symbol on the building.

I was baffled as to why someone would knowingly use a pentagram, so I researched it and discovered it was the "Order of the Eastern Star. I'm not sure what the 3rd one is though.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:02 am

Blake wrote:I believe those 3 symbols represent different "Orders" or as we would call it "Denominations" of Freemasons. The one in the middle I believe is "The Order of the Eastern Star:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Eastern_Star

No, I am not a mason haha. The only reason I know this is because every morning I drive past this little building on the way to daycare and it has a sign with the middle symbol on it. My first thought was "wow, theres a satanic temple here". I then saw the more known compass symbol on the building.

I was baffled as to why someone would knowingly use a pentagram, so I researched it and discovered it was the "Order of the Eastern Star. I'm not sure what the 3rd one is though.
makes sense as the initials over that symbol are OES

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:46 am

Masonic orders started out basically as labor unions way back in the Middle Ages.  They were organizations for the best stone masons that allowed them to protect the secrets of their labor techniques.  They were considered "free" because they were not placed under the same restrictions as other laborers and were "free" to work and travel and live their lives as if they were part of the aristocracy and not the working class.  By the mid-1700s, they had started evolving into a sort of fraternity for the well-connected.  Because a lot of Masons were government and business leaders, Freemasonry held a lot of influence in society (Likely the root of the whole "Illuminati/NWO" nonsense).  There is a lot of religious symbolism and ritual involved, but Masonic lodges are not religious institutions.  This has led to a lot of backlash from religious groups, claiming it is a cult that serves a false God. 

The first symbol is just the standard symbol of freemasonry.  The AF & AM stands for "ancient free and accepted masons" which meant that it was open to those "operative" masons, actual builders, and those who were from other stations in life who didn't have any interest in building stuff, they just wanted the freedom afforded those masons.  The compass and square reflect that.  The G in the center stands for the Great Architect of the Universe, the masonic designation for God.

The second symbol is for the Order of the Eastern Star, which is an offshoot of the main branch of masonry.  Each of the points of the star represents a particular woman from the Bible and the virtue she embodies.  The orientation of the star as being downward-pointing is said to represent the star pointing down toward the manger in Bethlehem.  My grandmother was a member of this order.  I think it was initially like the "ladies auxiliary" because Scottish Rite freemasonry as a male-only order and the women admitted had to be related to a Master Mason.

The third is actually a youth auxiliary called the Order of the Rainbow for Girls.  It is for any girl under 20.  When they reach 20 they are eligible to join O.E.S. even if they are not related to a Master Mason.

My grandfather was a 32nd degree Mason and a Shriner.  That's one of the reasons I never really bought into the "satanic cult bent on world domination" malarkey.  My grandfather was one of the greatest Christian men I've ever known, mostly because no one knew exactly how much good he had done until his wake when all of these people were telling stories about the things he had done for them that no one else had any clue about.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Oh boy... 

If I posted the research I've encountered over the years, it would not be long til the lock down would hit.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Dang, now I'm curious...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:14 pm

The thing about free Masonry is you will get alot of info on the Internet regarding them bring one of the many secret societies trying  take over the world under one government. Also,  in the highest degree they say all made known as secrets are revealed and they worship LuciFer. 

I went to a public opening of a Masonic shrine and the Free Mason that was there says Free Masons believe all religions are equal and one of many ways to God. They have the main sacred texts displayed on the table. For me, I would not be a free mason. I don't agree with their beliefs.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:41 pm

To be honest, I don't know enough about them to make an informed decision one way or the other.  I was once approached by my old landlord about joining, but I just wasn't interested in something that he was not allowed to tell me about.  If you can't tell me anything, how am I supposed to get interested in what you do?

It just seemed counter-productive as a recruiting tool to me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:52 am

Freemasons played a huge part in the founding of America and to this day play a huge part in running things behind the scene... I had a lot of family members on my Dads side that were Freemasons...I dont believe them to be a religious organization...generally i see them more as a political organization...

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:37 am

From Freemasonry's rituals and teachings, a person could go their whole life thinking they know God and not have a clue. Freemasonry teaches our conduct plays a part in our eligibility for immortal life and that a spiritual new birth can happen apart from the knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is a counterfeit religion; a deception.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Deepfriar wrote:From Freemasonry's rituals and teachings, a person could go their whole life thinking they know God and not have a clue. Freemasonry teaches our conduct plays a part in our eligibility for immortal life and that a spiritual new birth can happen apart from the knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is a counterfeit religion; a deception.
But see, it isn't a religion at all.  They acknowledge they aren't a religion.  In fact, despite one requirement for membership being that you must confess belief in a deity (any one will do), the discussion of religion is forbidden in the lodges.  Rather than a counterfeit religion, I would concede it is a substitute "religion".
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Look at the rituals and principles: it's a counterfeit of Christianity... rather, since it's a morality system, it's more like American Judaism masquerading as something akin to Christianity (at least in most American Lodges). It presents itself as being compatible with the Bible when the Bible clearly teaches we can't purify ourselves through conduct as Freemasonry teaches.

It presumes to affect its members' spirituality so I don't see how it can be any less than a religion. It teaches "purity of life and conduct" makes a person eligible for "heaven," and then claims to be able to train a person in life and conduct (AND the person being made ready for heaven must swear not to share the secrets... it is elitist [see: humanistic], sick, and twisted).

It seems like a counterfeit of Biblical principles; in essence a counterfeit religion. "Do what we say and you'll be fit for heaven; oh, and keep it a secret"...
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:08 pm

I think my conclusion from what others have said and the research I've done is that the Freemasons don't have an agenda to overthrow religion/Christianity. I could see how there's some higher ranked members who are satanic and do have an evil agenda, but that would be more along the lines of abusing the fraternity for their motives, rather than that's what the fraternity is about.

As far as the religion aspect, it doesn't really fit the criteria to me... from a counterfeit or substitution perspective. Alcoholics Anonymous emphasizes using a "higher power", but doesn't say it has to be God. There's regularly scheduled meetings in the local, regional, national and worldwide scale. There is a requirement for membership, as outlined in the literature 3rd tradition...

...but AA and the Masons seem to be something that works with religion, not against it, not in place of it.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Deepfriar wrote:Look at the rituals and principles: it's a counterfeit of Christianity... rather, since it's a morality system, it's more like American Judaism masquerading as something akin to Christianity (at least in most American Lodges). It presents itself as being compatible with the Bible when the Bible clearly teaches we can't purify ourselves through conduct as Freemasonry teaches.

It presumes to affect its members' spirituality so I don't see how it can be any less than a religion. It teaches "purity of life and conduct" makes a person eligible for "heaven," and then claims to be able to train a person in life and conduct (AND the person being made ready for heaven must swear not to share the secrets... it is elitist [see: humanistic], sick, and twisted).

It seems like a counterfeit of Biblical principles; in essence a counterfeit religion. "Do what we say and you'll be fit for heaven; oh, and keep it a secret"...
Yeah, I see your point.  I think the spirit of what we are saying is basically the same even if our words are different.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Sorry, I was on a bit of a rant. I just see a lot of possibility that someone who doesn't know the Bible would be gravely misled about its message if the only exposure they have to spiritual things is Masonic principles.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:57 am

At least the Bible is a million times more accessible than a masonic membership. Of what I read, you have to have 2 current members recommend you before you can join, and like alldat said - why would you join something when you hardly know what its about, UNTIL you join it?

For all we know, Masonic secret meetings are dressing up like muppets and hitting each other with wiffle bats. While that sounds like a lot of fun, I think I'll just stick with me and Jesus. LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:52 pm

I was reading some of the posts thinking it was the fuller house thread and I was just like Whoa Really?????? then i realized it was the free mason thread and then had to laugh at myself

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:27 pm

LOL!!!!
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Aaron C wrote:I was reading some of the posts thinking it was the fuller house thread and I was just like Whoa Really?????? then i realized it was the free mason thread and then had to laugh at myself
I don't know, you can be dragged down some dark paths watching that show.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum