The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Energy Drinks

+4
exo
CrimsonWarrior
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
8 posters

Go down

Do you drink them?

Energy Drinks I_vote_lcap7%Energy Drinks I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Energy Drinks I_vote_lcap50%Energy Drinks I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Energy Drinks I_vote_lcap0%Energy Drinks I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Energy Drinks I_vote_lcap29%Energy Drinks I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Energy Drinks I_vote_lcap14%Energy Drinks I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Energy Drinks Empty Energy Drinks

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:24 pm

I know people that drink a LOT of them every day.  I know other people have been very irresponsible with them mixed with alcohol.
I know people that think they're unhealthy.  (I'm sure this video is tongue in cheek - come on, its Family Guy! - but I've heard all those concerns in that parody)

Some people do think there are healthy (like anything else, in moderation) and/or they enjoy them.
What do you guys think of energy drinks?

Myself, I get a lot of good out of them and I've even talked to my doctor(s) about them.  I don't do them every day because that much caffeine is too taxing, but 3 days a week helps address some of my cancer symptoms.

Fatigue is something I've struggled with since being diagnosed and 2-3 energy drinks smash that to bits and I feel like I can do something besides be tired.  I count caffeine carefully though.  Somewhere between 350mg-500mg sets me for the entire day.

Since my cancer is of the rectal/colon type, the caffeine boost helps with "regularity" as well.  Actually, it makes everything worse before it makes it better.  When the options are:
a) do nothing and go to the bathroom every 20 minutes to an hour all day
b) have HELL in the bathroom for an hour but be "regular" for the rest of the day

...I'll choose B every time.

I prefer energy drinks to coffee most times because there's not as much of a crash and they pack them with vitamins too.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Energy Drinks Empty Re: Energy Drinks

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:46 pm

In the past I have tried the Monster Java ones those were ok, too expensive for my blood though and id perfer coffee outside of that i dont touch them, before my divorce from my first wife I drove from Middle TN to CT and I had the extra strength 5 hour energy which actually worked didnt feel wired but felt energized , focused.

My drinks of choice are Water and Ice Coffee with occasional soda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:03 pm

You don't have an "ew they're gross" option!  Razz

I've had a couple over the years and think they just all taste absolutely foul.  One of my coworkers drinks them and I can smell it on him as he walks by and it's disgusting.  (He is also a smoker which I think is the most disgusting thing a person can do... but that's a conversation for another topic.)

I love the taste of coffee though!  However, as Thomas mentioned, that stuff can really wreck one's bowels so I decided to quit (sort of).  Instead I mainly just drink tea.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:20 pm

I find that Tea dehydrates me I drink mostly water nice cold water Mmmmmmm heh

Sometimes i will brew up some blueberry tea and ice it and drink it that way, I love blueberry tea and Arizona's diet blueberry green tea. good stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Aaron C wrote:In the past I have tried the Monster Java ones those were ok, too expensive for my blood though and id perfer coffee outside of that i dont touch them, before my divorce from my first wife I drove from Middle TN to CT and I had the extra strength 5 hour energy which actually worked didnt feel wired but felt energized , focused.

My drinks of choice are Water and Ice Coffee with occasional soda.

Oh yeah man, I pound water, prune juice, low-sodium V8 and almond milk like its going out of style.

I really like those coffee and energy ones.
I could see the expense part of it. I only buy the 4 packs or if my local gas station has 2 for $3 or something like that.
No way am I spending $2 or more for an energy drink.

Kerrick wrote:You don't have an "ew they're gross" option!  Razz

I've had a couple over the years and think they just all taste absolutely foul.  One of my coworkers drinks them and I can smell it on him as he walks by and it's disgusting.  (He is also a smoker which I think is the most disgusting thing a person can do... but that's a conversation for another topic.)

I love the taste of coffee though!  However, as Thomas mentioned, that stuff can really wreck one's bowels so I decided to quit (sort of).  Instead I mainly just drink tea.

I could see not liking the flavor. I honestly drink it for the effect more than the taste - but yeah, some of them don't really taste all that great.

There's a tea and lemonade (Arnold Palmer energy drink Razz ) which doesn't taste like bitter ground up caffeine pills. ie: it really tastes like tea and lemonade. I tend to go for the non-carbonated lemonade ones because they taste the most like the real thing.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:49 pm

^That flavor doesn't sound bad at all!  I've only had Red Bull and a couple different types of Monster I think...

I totally forgot about this:  Some friends of friends started a company called LifeAID.  I had one at the concert I went to on Friday night and it was actually really quite good!  I'd definitely recommend checking 'em out.  It didn't taste like a typical energy drink at all and I believe they're much healthier/more natural than the majority of options out there.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:11 pm

I have an energy drink about once every two months just for fun. Believe it or not, I actually love the taste of Monster and would love to drink it more often but that would be too expensive and unhealthy. I get enough caffeine from all the soda as it stands. The first time I had one, I thought it was decent, but I've loved it since the second time and beyond. I've also tried Monster Chaos, which has fruit juices mixed in (Kerrick, you'll probably like that one a lot more), but I don't like it quite as much as the normal flavor.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Oh yeah man, I pound water, prune juice, low-sodium V8 and almond milk like its going out of style.

At home I have a 40oz cup i drink at least 2 of when i am home, not counting the 40 oz i might drink at work. Thats just water lol Coffee I have anywhere from 2 to 3 a day

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Die hard Mountain Dew Amp drinker.  Every day to start the work shift.  Most other brands, I am not a fan of flavor wise.

I honestly find myself wishing that they'd go back to making an 8 oz can.  It's the prefect serving size to get a "boost" without overdoing it and getting crazy jittery.

I stay away from the small bottles marketed as "energy shot" type things.  Too much stuff hitting your system all at once for my preferences.......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Yes - I like one every few days or so! When I am tired and need one.

But I try to stick with the more healthy, natural kinds. My three preferences in order are:

1. Sonic - This drink is healthy and full of vitamins and minerals. Works very well too!

Energy Drinks 71z-TVm0XSL._SY355_

Then I like the new  V8 Energy drinks. Another healthy alternative to the big name brand ones like Monster (which are not good for you).

Energy Drinks V8Energy-281high

Lastly, if I'm in need of something when I'm driving - I will take the 5 Hour Energy Shot. It's very helpful and healthy as well. Only vitamins and natural ingrediants. And some caffeine.

Energy Drinks 5-hour-energy-drink

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Every once in awhile, Im not a big fun of em

I really only like Redbull and Rockstar Cola (its part cola part energy drink)

Im not a fan of Monster or Amp or anything

I do enjoy a Mountain Dew Kickstart every once in awhile as well
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Is there a vegetable V8 energy drink?
That would be so awesome.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:19 am

I rarely drink them but on occasional Saturday mornings they are the only thing that get me going. Rockstar are my energy drink main choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:40 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Is there a vegetable V8 energy drink?

Yes they have that one too! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:40 am

1.  I only have an occasional 5 hr energy thing as needed. 
2.  Y'all know Monster energy drink is evil and of the devil, right?  Rolling Eyes 
3.  I'm with Kerrick, I've tried Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar...it all tastes like crap.
4.  If you think Red Bull tastes bad, try the diet version.  It is worse.
5.  Oh yeah, I tried the new Mountain Dew Kickstart, then they came up with this...

Now I'm afraid if I drink Kickstart, I'll start hallucinating these.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:46 pm

RavenWolf wrote:

Where bro? I couldn't find them online!

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I've also tried Monster Chaos, which has fruit juices mixed in (Kerrick, you'll probably like that one a lot more), but I don't like it quite as much as the normal flavor.

My wife picked some of these up earlier in the week. Definitely better than a regular monster. 30% real fruit juice definitely made a difference in the taste.

messiaen77 wrote:
5.  Oh yeah, I tried the new Mountain Dew Kickstart, then they came up with this...

Now I'm afraid if I drink Kickstart, I'll start hallucinating these.

lol!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Lastly, if I'm in need of something when I'm driving - I will take the 5 Hour Energy Shot. It's very helpful and healthy as well. Only vitamins and natural ingrediants. And some caffeine.

This one to me tastes quite gross

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:21 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:

Where bro?  I couldn't find them online

http://www.familyfunjournal.com/delicious-v8-v-fusion-energy-slushie/

They have them at all of the stores where I live in Utah. Maybe it's not available where you live. But if you click on the link above, you'll need to scroll down the page and you'll see it listed with the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 am

The vegetable ones aren't here yet.  Man, my wife picked up a fruit and a fruit and vegetable one and I LOVE them.  

First one I had, they instantly became my favorite energy drink.  They taste just like a regular V8!  Plus, I have a love hate relationship with carbonation and this doesn't have that.

....and they get me going.  Each little can has 80mg of caffeine.  I slammed 4 of these (which I know this is drinking for effect, but the caffeine hits harder if you drink it faster) and its got me going!

...in more ways than one.  Razz
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:57 am

Aaron C wrote:

This one to me tastes quite gross
Yes, it is absolutely nasty.  It is much better (tolerable since it is so small) if it is refrigerated.  Never, never, NEVER drink one you found down beside the seat in your car in July.  It tastes like a Cannibal Corpse song.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:11 pm

I love energy drinks! At one point, I was drinking four or five a day. Not good. Nowadays, I stick to my cup of coffee in the morning. If I'm having a rough day, I'll grab a Monster Ultra White or Ultra Black. Those are my faves. If I need to stay awake, I'll grab a 5 hour.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:53 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:The vegetable ones aren't here yet.

Went to a different Walmart today and they had them!
That first sip, I tasted the (bitter) caffeine and didn't think it was as good as the fruit/veggie mix V8 energy drinks
...the rest of it though, was pretty good. ...like it grew on me and I couldn't taste the caffeine after that first sip for some reason.

I think over my next few days off work, I'll have a few more of these before I decide if I want to get another 8 pack of them.

I like that they're cheaper too. 8 of them for $4. Its about as much caffeine as 4 Monsters, which would certainly be more than $4 to buy those. 50% juice too!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

I think most energy drinks are bad for you, but maybe not all.

I have one cup of coffee in the morning... yeah, I know that's bad too...

But in the evening I have a smoothie. My own recipe but I'm sure it's pretty standard:

Almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, organic raw unprocessed honey, organic plant based protein powder, 1 frozen banana, frozen fruit of choice (or Krema organic peanut butter "Ingredients: peanuts", or even carob powder) and ice as needed. Bam. Good stuff.

Could add a green superfood as well but I normally don't because I make it for two and my wife won't drink it lol.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:26 am

I had another one of those vegetable V8 Energy drinks this morning - it was awesome. Maybe that first one I didn't shake well enough? I think I still prefer these mango fruit AND vegetable ones, but not by much!

Deepfriar wrote:I have one cup of coffee in the morning... yeah, I know that's bad too...

But in the evening I have a smoothie. My own recipe but I'm sure it's pretty standard:

Almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, organic raw unprocessed honey, organic plant based protein powder, 1 frozen banana, frozen fruit of choice (or Krema organic peanut butter "Ingredients: peanuts", or even carob powder) and ice as needed. Bam. Good stuff.

Could add a green superfood as well but I normally don't because I make it for two and my wife won't drink it lol.

I don't think coffee itself is bad for you? There's lots of antioxidants in it. ....but I guess it depends on how you prepare a coffee. If its loaded with sugar/syrup and other stuff, then yeah - that's not great. ...but regular with cream or milk (I personally like a spoon of real butter in mine - don't knock it til you try it!) would be a drink that's good for you, in my opinion.

Aw man, that smoothy sounds great. I've got a Ninja food processor which is excellent at smoothies, but I haven't made one of those in forever. I've got green superfood protein that I like, but whey actually helps with the tummy troubles I tend to have. I always make sure the magnesium is a reasonable amount - some cheap proteins have a TON of magnesium which just makes me have a crapalanche from hell.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:04 pm

I´ll have beer instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content