The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s

+2
eatbugs
New Creation
6 posters

Go down

The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s Empty The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s

Post by New Creation Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:30 pm

I just found these guys, a Christian rock band from the late 70s. They are scratchin' an itch I didn't know I had!

They've got hints of space rock, doom, Black Sabbath, blues rock, and even a smattering of early punk!

Anyone heard of these guys before?

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s Empty Re: The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s

Post by New Creation Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 pm

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s Empty Re: The Young Bros. - High Energy Rock from the late 70s

Post by eatbugs Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:38 pm

I think Matt Hunt/Born Twice Records needs to get on this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 pm

eatbugs wrote:I think Matt Hunt/Born Twice Records needs to get on this.

AGREED!!!

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 pm

If this were remastered and released on CD, I'd definitely get this!  This needs to be brought to either Matt Hunt from Retroactive Records or Bill Roxx from Roxx Records.  This NEEDS to be properly remastered and preserved on CD.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:15 pm

^ Exactly (I suggested Born Twice based on the date).  This is true of SO MUCH Jesus Music.  I'm already grateful to Matt Hunt and Bill Roxx for putting old classics back in print, especially those that have never been released on CD.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:52 am

Since this is not available anywhere, I am going to try to fetch it from Youtube, clean it up, and remaster it myself.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:38 pm

I was able to grab all 11 songs from YouTube.  I will now begin the remastering process.  The versions are can and are at 320 kbps.  This should be pretty easy.

If ya'll know of any other cool 70s era bands that I can find like this, please let me know.  A lot of modern music just isn't doing it for me anymore.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Alldat, do you have Stronghold?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 pm

I do!  It was remastered and reissued a few years back and I snagged the CD then.

I was wondering if there were any other rock bands from the 70s (indie bands are fine) this cool.  If the recording is good quality, I don't care if I have to rip them from YouTube in order to get them. I can clean them up nicely.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm

AFter searching through the Born Twice Records list of albums, I checked out Jimmy Hotz and the Bill Mason Band on YouTube.  I am gonna snag those albums for sure!  Time to get groovy, man!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 am

alldatndensum wrote:AFter searching through the Born Twice Records list of albums, I checked out Jimmy Hotz and the Bill Mason Band on YouTube.  I am gonna snag those albums for sure!  Time to get groovy, man!

Both are good.  My personal favorite Born Twice release is Stronghold - Fortress Rock.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:23 am

As long as it rocks, I will be interested in more from Born Twice.  I liked Stronghold but didn't care for The Exkursions.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm

sounds like early Barnabas

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

I still need to adjust the intros and widen the stereo spread of this, but I have it sounding pretty good right now.  Thanks, YouTube!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:54 am

Will check it out when I have time. Sounds cool! I also like these guys, I am a Hendrix fan and they have that late 60's sound. This band was a spin off from another band that had an early Beatles feel which was also a Christian band but I forgot their name.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

Here they are, if you like 60's it's The Pilgrims

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Will check it out when I have time. Sounds cool! I also like these guys, I am a Hendrix fan and they have that late 60's sound. This band was a spin off from another band that had an early Beatles feel which was also a Christian band but I forgot their name.

I like the sound of this one!  I may have to see if all the songs are on YouTube as well.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 am

In the early years of British Christian music, after the first wave of turtle necked troubadours began to perform 'Christian beat music' in fishnet-festooned coffee Christian bars, Out Of Darkness emerged onto the scene in 1969. The band were the seminal Christian rock band of the early 70s, pioneers in their field, pumping out a cocktail of soul, gospel and Hendrix-style rock and cited as inspiration for bands like After The Fire, U2 and The Alarm.
The original line up of Out Of Darkness was formed in 1969, the various members coming from three bands, The Pilgrims, The Soul Seekers and Insight. Tim picked up the story: "Key Records had known about us as musicians before we came together as a group and they were very interested in us. The Soul Seekers were one of Britain's first black gospel groups and they had toured the continent and released several records. The Pilgrims had also released several singles and I had become a session drummer. Key Records offered us a deal after we had been playing together for only four days."
Soon the band went on tour with other Key recording artists, which resulted in the live 'Sound Vision' compilation album on which they were featured. Out Of Darkness created huge waves of excitement at every venue they played and were quickly installed into the City Of London recording studios where they laid down the tracks for their eponymously titled debut album.

The line up at the time was Wray Powell on guitar, Carl Grant on bass and gongos, Tony Goodman on vocals and Tim on drums, who also contributed a hammer and wire cutters percussion track to one song. The album was recorded on a basic eight-track machine and was completed in a week. It sold very well on the 'Sound Vision' tour and through record shops and bookshops as well as mail order. It was the best selling gospel album of 1970. However, these were early days for the industry and the numbers sold were relatively small.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:30 pm

I have an excellent remaster of The Young Brothers now.  I will upload it to Dropbox and share if anyone is interested.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down