The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST SONG FROM STRYPERS ALBUM "IN GOD WE TRUST"

+21
Pethead
TZ75
zelote
TMLMKE
messiaen77
bassdude
Soldier777
deathisgain
stevegarveyfan
11razorwire
Airola
Throne of thorns
crucifyd
ludey7
KaramKaram
My Awesome Timothy
Superjuice
timekeeper
MikeInFla
Follower of Jesus
Hardcore Christian
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BEST SONG FROM STRYPERS ALBUM "IN GOD WE TRUST" - Page 2 Empty Re: BEST SONG FROM STRYPERS ALBUM "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 am

I'm hoping for a re-record of many of the songs for a Second Coming 2.
Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

BEST SONG FROM STRYPERS ALBUM "IN GOD WE TRUST" - Page 2 Empty Re: BEST SONG FROM STRYPERS ALBUM "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Post by Soldier777 Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:57 am

While not their best album IMO and even Michael Sweet admits that in his book, it does have some good songs. My favorites are with some areas of improvements are:

IN GOD WE TRUST
ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU
KEEP THE FIRE BURNING
WRITINGS ON THE WALL (I find the snare drum is mixed too loud and over rides the overall mix of the other instruments)
THE WORLD OF YOU AND I
THE REIGN (the guitars could be brought out in the mix more and the song is too short)

l don't like It's Up 2U at all. Come to the Everlife could be rearranged to make it more of an agressive/bluesy positive song. Lonely is a decent guitar driven ballad.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:36 am

Either Writings On The Wall or The Reign....I can't pick.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Whether Michael Sweet says it's not their best album or not ... doesn't matter.

It's all a matter of personal tastes. Obviously Michael thinks it's not their best album. But that is only HIS opinion. Even though he's a member of Stryper - it's still a matter of opinion.

Lemmy never thought Motorhead was a 'Metal' band. Just Rock and Roll to him. Doesn't mean Motorhead was not truly Metal.

Sometimes the members in a band are wrong. But then again ... there really is no 'right or wrong' when it comes to opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 pm

The live and more aggressive version of Always there for You sounded awesome on Live at the Whisky. If they remixed a few songs on another Second Coming compilation or whole album like that - that would be awesome.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 am

I saw a few days ago Michael asking on his FB page if people would like to hear this album re-recorded heavier.  Personally I think it is a case of let it be what it was and move on with new music.  For me, the writing on this album just doesn't seem as good as the previous ones, almost like their hearts weren't in it.  Of course part of it may have been that by the time this came out I had discovered The Crucified and Vengeance Rising and was losing interest in the polished glam sound.

For me I guess my favorite was the title track.  I liked "Always There for You" as well, but not as much.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:16 pm

The Writings on the Wall
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:11 pm

Always there for you
The Writing on the Wall

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:13 pm

I like the title track.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:16 pm

The Writing’s on the Wall

But I love this album. It blows away THwtD.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:03 am

In God We Trust

The Reign
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

bigtreads likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:02 pm

The Writing’s On The Wall
The World Of You And I

Good album…I thought it was underrated….I would be open to a re-recorded unpolished tuned down version of this album…if done right, the more Stryper music, the better!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by gunz1977 Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm

I love this album.  I really like the packaging as well.  The production is perfect for the era.  Many, many bands went for the super slick sound during this time and Stryper were no exception.  
Sweet's vocals are awesome, especially on the title track.
Very underrated album IMO.  

On another note, as much as I enjoy IGWT, when they went away from this ulra-polished sound on ATL, I think they made what is far and away their best album...just listened to it again the other day and wow is it a hard rock/metal monster.  By the sound and production you'd never know it came out 32 years ago...

gunz1977
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:48 am

gunz1977 wrote:I love this album.  I really like the packaging as well.  The production is perfect for the era.  Many, many bands went for the super slick sound during this time and Stryper were no exception.  
Sweet's vocals are awesome, especially on the title track.
Very underrated album IMO.  

On another note, as much as I enjoy IGWT, when they went away from this ulra-polished sound on ATL, I think they made what is far and away their best album...just listened to it again the other day and wow is it a hard rock/metal monster.  By the sound and production you'd never know it came out 32 years ago...
Fair assessment of both albums. To think they dropped back to back shows the rift happening in metal around that time. I am glad ATL came out early enough not to have any annoying grunge influences (not even hating grunge but those grunge influenced metal albums from that time didn‘t age well at all, as opposed to ATL which aged like a Château Pétrus).
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2