The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIGHTS?

+5
CrimsonWarrior
alldatndensum
ThomasEversole
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RIGHTS? - Page 2 Empty Re: RIGHTS?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Nope! I'm not politically correct at all!!! I'm actually kinda like Trump in real life! I say what's on my mind sometimes ... but I do try to be tactful. It's just a similar personality thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:51 pm

We live in a country that celebrates homosexuality and corruption but at the same time try to remove any instance of God.

...God was removed from schools way back in the 60s and its about time we kept religion out of government...but i am thankful we live in a country where people can do that...but at the same time if gay marriage or abortion is legal or illegal doesn't effect me personally so I guess i wouldn't care...but i am glad to live in a country where everyone can decide for themselves what they believe and dont believe and that each person can be as "holy" or "immoral" as they want to be...
I dont think this God fearing moral nation some claim existed ever really existed...

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:36 am

I agree that we never had a truly moral nation, but there's no denying that things have significantly deteriorated over time. Right now it's quite bad.

As Aaron said, homosexuality is so accepted and considered normal here. Ten years ago, no one was really talking about it and it wasn't even much of a topic of conversation. Now, the normal thing is to be in full support of it. I've met people who can't even fathom the idea of being against it, because they just don't understand how anyone could disapprove of it. Even worse, I've met Christians who think that it is 100% totally fine, despite the fact that the Bible clearly says otherwise.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Political correctness is just a nice way of saying "loss of freedom of speech".  They don't snatch a right all at once.  They whittle it away.
I know that we all have to use politically correct language online sometimes because of forum or website rules but do you use it in real life..Just curious? (You probably already figured out I dont..i say whatever and dont care much what someone thinks Smile )

One of my two jobs is that I work in a school.  Political correctness is necessary to retain one's right to work there.  Freedom of religion is also infringed as we have no rights as teachers/staff to talk about our faith even if is a friendly conversation.  Oh, it happens, but it can quickly lead to a dismissal if the wrong teen overhears and decides to get mommy or daddy to take you to court.  Trust me--political correctness is what keeps you employed and out of legal proceedings.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
We live in a country that celebrates homosexuality and corruption but at the same time try to remove any instance of God.

...God was removed from schools way back in the 60s and its about time we kept religion out of government...but i am thankful we live in a country where people can do that...but at the same time if gay marriage or abortion is legal or illegal doesn't effect me personally so I guess i wouldn't care...but i am glad to live in a country where everyone can decide for themselves what they believe and dont believe and that each person can be as "holy" or "immoral" as they want to be...
I dont think this God fearing moral nation some claim existed ever really existed...
Not talking about schools Im talking about stuff like the pledge of allegiance and on our currency. Stupid stuff like that. Just to make Aethiests happy? F that!  Religion should be kept out of government I do agree there, but Im talking about God, to me there is a difference as Religion is man-made. All I ask for from my President is 1) have some military service under his or her belt and 2) be a moral leader be an example to the American people, and right now I have a better chance finding a purple camouflage unicorn with 3 legs who wants to fly to Mars then finding the 2 things i just mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 am

RavenWolf wrote:Nope! I'm not politically correct at all!!! I'm actually kinda like Trump in real life! I say what's on my mind sometimes ... but I do try to be tactful. It's just a similar personality thing.

I abhore and resent Political Correctness it IMO is a load of crap

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:
Political correctness is just a nice way of saying "loss of freedom of speech".  They don't snatch a right all at once.  They whittle it away.
I know that we all have to use politically correct language online sometimes because of forum or website rules but do you use it in real life..Just curious? (You probably already figured out I dont..i say whatever and dont care much what someone thinks Smile )
One of my two jobs is that I work in a school.  Political correctness is necessary to retain one's right to work there.  Freedom of religion is also infringed as we have no rights as teachers/staff to talk about our faith even if is a friendly conversation.  Oh, it happens, but it can quickly lead to a dismissal if the wrong teen overhears and decides to get mommy or daddy to take you to court.  Trust me--political correctness is what keeps you employed and out of legal proceedings.

Profanity is forbidden in my workplace.  Its a call center, so if someone says a swear word, there's about 20 people in proximity with microphones attached to their faces that might pick that word up.  One upset customer and its firing time, with no eligibility for rehire.

Its always funny that a few people who get fired every year for this, gripe about how their freedom of speech was violated.
That's not true at all.  

They're always free to cuss, but there's consequences for doing so.
You're actually free to talk about whatever you want at your job, but there's going to be consequences for doing so if you offend someone.
I'm free to verbally assault anyone on this forum, but there's consequences for doing so.

I guess my point is, please don't confuse consequences for actions as stolen freedom.  We're all free - its just those in a position of power have created rules and consequences.

Us in the US are still very free.  You want an example of lack of freedom, look at North Korea:
- You can't leave the country without government permission
- You can go to prison for "freedom of speech"
- You can go to prison for owning a tunable radio (no freedom of information)
- Christian or Buddhist?  You'll go to prison or be executed by law for practicing it.
- Generational punishment.  If you commit a crime against the country, not only will you be put in prison, but your children and your children's children will also be imprisoned.
- BY LAW, you HAVE to work 6 days a week and then do "volunteer work" the 7th day. Free time is forbidden.
- Korean men are not allowed to have hair longer than 5 inches.

...now THAT's not free.

I don't see gun control as a violation of freedom.  You can still have a gun anyway - you're just going to have consequences for breaking current laws that involve carrying it around with you in public.

To me, its silly to just want to carry around a gun everywhere "because its your right".  What next, people want to be able to carry around swords?

If you're that insecure or think you're going to be mugged, you're better off not carrying around paper money and packing pepper spray or a taser - or spend some serious time in the gym and look less like a decrepit target.  If you're getting mugged by someone who has a gun, and you also have a gun, I'd think you'd be more apt to be shot as he will try to defend himself from you "defending yourself" or it will just give him something extra to steal.

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Kerrick wrote:
I'm not sure if a "right to privacy" is a thing [anymore]... but I am very bothered by how much data is kept on individuals.

Yeah, its crazy.  One of the reasons why I don't use Google Chrome or Facebook.
...but I wouldn't say its a violation of rights or freedom any more than its a violation of their rights or freedom for not being able to record data on individuals who are using their product(s)/services.

If someone REALLY wants to be private, they're still free to go off the grid.

I full expect someone (either the phone company, the government, Samsung, etc.) to read my texts. I could care less if they read me telling my wife I love her and whatever cancer/pooping problems I'm having that day.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:43 pm

RIGHTS? - Page 2 032f98e6ac0a2ed5ce7c546005bfd488

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 pm

PC at work IMO is one thing but outside of work.... is another ballgame.  Everybody at work has to play those office politics or as they call it on one of my favorite shows "The Game of Thrones"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:07 pm

thats a good point some of you have made...being at work is like being on a forum...each place has rules and freedom of speech doesn't apply to those areas...of course we all have the freedom to not work somewhere...we get to choose where we work or live... People can share their religion and politics off the job however and truthfully if a company would fire me because of what i do off the job or because of what i post online i wouldn't want to work for them anyway...and preachers can say whatever they want from the pulpit and obviously so can politicians and we the people can say whatever we want about the government and other people and their religions and obviously the press can print whatever they want (even lies Razz  )...and guns, Washington screams about them all the time but not much is ever done..its mostly the states...in Texas and Oklahoma we do have open carry laws..yep, you can go to the mall and out to eat and then go to church with your gun strapped on like John Wayne Twisted Evil ...so kerrick, maybe you should move out to this part of the world..we have hiking, guns, hunting, lax gun laws and if ya want the beach then Texas has miles of coastline..plus your cost of living would only be about 20% of where ya live now...

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:32 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:

Profanity is forbidden in my workplace.  Its a call center, so if someone says a swear word, there's about 20 people in proximity with microphones attached to their faces that might pick that word up.  One upset customer and its firing time, with no eligibility for rehire.

Its always funny that a few people who get fired every year for this, gripe about how their freedom of speech was violated.
That's not true at all.  

They're always free to cuss, but there's consequences for doing so.
You're actually free to talk about whatever you want at your job, but there's going to be consequences for doing so if you offend someone.
I'm free to verbally assault anyone on this forum, but there's consequences for doing so.

I guess my point is, please don't confuse consequences for actions as stolen freedom.  We're all free - its just those in a position of power have created rules and consequences.

Us in the US are still very free.  You want an example of lack of freedom, look at North Korea:
- You can't leave the country without government permission
- You can go to prison for "freedom of speech"
- You can go to prison for owning a tunable radio (no freedom of information)
- Christian or Buddhist?  You'll go to prison or be executed by law for practicing it.
- Generational punishment.  If you commit a crime against the country, not only will you be put in prison, but your children and your children's children will also be imprisoned.
- BY LAW, you HAVE to work 6 days a week and then do "volunteer work" the 7th day.  Free time is forbidden.
- Korean men are not allowed to have hair longer than 5 inches.

...now THAT's not free.

I don't see gun control as a violation of freedom.  You can still have a gun anyway - you're just going to have consequences for breaking current laws that involve carrying it around with you in public.

To me, its silly to just want to carry around a gun everywhere "because its your right".  What next, people want to be able to carry around swords?

If you're that insecure or think you're going to be mugged, you're better off not carrying around paper money and packing pepper spray or a taser - or spend some serious time in the gym and look less like a decrepit target.  If you're getting mugged by someone who has a gun, and you also have a gun, I'd think you'd be more apt to be shot as he will try to defend himself from you "defending yourself" or it will just give him something extra to steal.

Unless you worked for a school system, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Was that ↑ in regards to guns or freedom of speech?
Both? Wink
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:14 pm

In regards to the freedom of speech issue, I think it's important to differentiate between the government and the court of popular opinion. 

Thus far, the government has done little in the way of actively silencing dissent by the force of law. This could be changing at least in regards to homosexuality since several laws have been floated around that would make it criminal "hate speech" to even call homosexual behavior a sin in public, which is troubling, but for the most part we don't really have to worry about being punished by the government for unpopular opinions.

Things are different in the court of public opinion though. While nobody's rights are actually being violated because the 1st Amendment only applies to the government, it's clear that expressing certain opinions (again especially as it relates to homosexuality and now transgenderism) is now a lot more risky than it used to be. Say the wrong thing and it's quite likely that a horde of activist groups, media, and a growing portion of the general population will be demanding that you recant, that you lose your job, etc. If you're a celebrity of any kind, they'll also (often successfully) demand that your sponsors drop you. 

We're certainly not to the point yet that I'd actually call it persecution, but it is alarming how rapidly it seems to be becoming socially unacceptable to speak openly of Christian principles, especially if it involves taking a stand against any popular secular causes. In the end, I guess it depends on how you define losing rights.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:01 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Kerrick wrote:
I'm not sure if a "right to privacy" is a thing [anymore]... but I am very bothered by how much data is kept on individuals.

Yeah, its crazy.  One of the reasons why I don't use Google Chrome or Facebook.
...but I wouldn't say its a violation of rights or freedom any more than its a violation of their rights or freedom for not being able to record data on individuals who are using their product(s)/services.

If someone REALLY wants to be private, they're still free to go off the grid.

I full expect someone (either the phone company, the government, Samsung, etc.) to read my texts.  I could care less if they read me telling my wife I love her and whatever cancer/pooping problems I'm having that day.
My wife and I always joke that we feel sorry for the poor NSA agent whose job it is to monitor us.  Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:03 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:  What next, people want to be able to carry around swords?
Yes please.  The candidate that vows to legalize open carry for swords is who I am voting for.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I don't see gun control as a violation of freedom.  You can still have a gun anyway - you're just going to have consequences for breaking current laws that involve carrying it around with you in public.

What do you consider a "right"?  I'd argue that nobody really has any "rights."  I don't think God gives us any rights.  He gives us mercy and grace but we don't deserve anything, nor are we entitled to it.  That being said, we as citizens of our respective countries have rights that are agreed upon by those countries' lawmakers, etc.  In America, we have the Bill Of Rights and the Amendments - including the 2nd Amendment which I believe is being infringed upon.

Sorry for the ramble haha.  But on topic to your post... using a gun to defend against a mugger is foolish and unChristian IMO.  To escalate a situation that could end in someone dying over the contents of one's wallet is just stupid.  But if I happen upon a rape or terrorist attack or mass shooting or witness a murder [we have many gangs around here with many murders...], I would much rather be armed.  And if someone comes into my home with the intent to harm my family... I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting them.  Breaking in to steal my TV though?  Not worth anyone dying over.

messiaen77 wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:  What next, people want to be able to carry around swords?
Yes please.  The candidate that vows to legalize open carry for swords is who I am voting for.

Check your local laws, but I'm pretty sure it's legal most places to carry swords around.  I'm pretty certain it is even in uber-liberal Santa Cruz.  It's gotta stay sheathed: that's the only rule.  You may get some strange looks though... What a Face

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Kerrick wrote:
What do you consider a "right"?  I'd argue that nobody really has any "rights."  I don't think God gives us any rights.  He gives us mercy and grace but we don't deserve anything, nor are we entitled to it.  That being said, we as citizens of our respective countries have rights that are agreed upon by those countries' lawmakers, etc.  In America, we have the Bill Of Rights and the Amendments - including the 2nd Amendment which I believe is being infringed upon.

I agree with you regarding God's "rights" for us - I certainly don't feel entitled/owed regarding anything there.
I think the rights appointed by men are little more than a list of privileges.  

Kerrick wrote:In America, we have the Bill Of Rights and the Amendments - including the 2nd Amendment which I believe is being infringed upon.

The Bill of Rights mentions no "excessive" fines.  I think its quite excessive to nickel and dime someone out of a 1/3rd of their annual salary for one misdemeanor DUI...  so the fact that that's out the windows doesn't surprise me about gun control.

I'm probably going to show my ignorance here, but does "bear arms" equate "public concealed carry"?  I've always interpreted it as you have the right to have a gun in your house and it was never meant to be a permission slip to pack heat to the grocery store.

Kerrick wrote:
Sorry for the ramble haha.  But on topic to your post... using a gun to defend against a mugger is foolish and unChristian IMO.  To escalate a situation that could end in someone dying over the contents of one's wallet is just stupid.  But if I happen upon a rape or terrorist attack or mass shooting or witness a murder [we have many gangs around here with many murders...], I would much rather be armed.  And if someone comes into my home with the intent to harm my family... I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting them.  Breaking in to steal my TV though?  Not worth anyone dying over.

Clearly I didn't understand why someone would want to carry a gun publicly.  HAHA!!!
Yikes on the gangs and murders though.  I'd probably have a different mindset about that if that was local.

Regarding stopping a crime, I would argue that you wouldn't need a gun to stop those things...
Having a gun for HOME SECURITY makes total sense to me - but not PUBLIC SECURITY.  
That's what the police are for.

Kerrick wrote:
Check your local laws, but I'm pretty sure it's legal most places to carry swords around.  I'm pretty certain it is even in uber-liberal Santa Cruz.  It's gotta stay sheathed: that's the only rule.  You may get some strange looks though... What a Face

I get strange looks anyway.  LOL

Regarding swords, California does mention that it has to be in plain view and sheathed.
I looked up laws for Illinois.  Looks like its all about intent, (or suspected intent) not what you're actually carrying with you.
Technically, I could walk down the street with my Lowlander Great Sword on my back, saying hello to people and be fine.  Technically.

If I had it out and was running, that would be seen as completely different.

I'll just keep my swords (and knives) in my house - except one knife I usually carry with me.  
Its a bit excessive in size, but I use it to cut meat.  (I'll take a summer sausage with me to work as a snack.)

Lots of people have seen me use it (mostly at work) and no one has said anything or even been remotely concerned.
Two halloween's ago, I went to work as a viking and had a large sword on my back.  Even HR wanted to take it out of its sheath and "play" with it.  HAHA!!!!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Me too and Ill start shoping for mine right away Smile  I think I want the sword of omens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:45 am

I don't think God gives us any rights.

He gave us freewill too

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 am

What do you consider a "right"?  I'd argue that nobody really has any "rights."  I don't think God gives us any rights.  He gives us mercy and grace but we don't deserve anything, nor are we entitled to it.  That being said, we as citizens of our respective countries have rights that are agreed upon by those countries' lawmakers, etc.  In America, we have the Bill Of Rights and the Amendments - including the 2nd Amendment which I believe is being infringed upon.

There have to be some rights given or you cannot as a society decide that things like slavery, murder, or rape are wrong.  If we have no rights, then there are no wrongs, either.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:10 pm

It's our Holy Right!!!

Yes, God gives us rights! I am so thankful for them all!!!

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:46 pm

But on topic to your post... using a gun to defend against a mugger is foolish and unChristian IMO.  To escalate a situation that could end in someone dying over the contents of one's wallet is just stupid.  But if I happen upon a rape or terrorist attack or mass shooting or witness a murder [we have many gangs around here with many murders...], I would much rather be armed.  And if someone comes into my home with the intent to harm my family... I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting them.  Breaking in to steal my TV though?  Not worth anyone dying over.
If someone broke into my home to steal from us or conducted a home invasion or even tried to mug me or steal our car at the walmart or whatever I would have no problem in using deadly force to stop it..and truthfully i would feel no remorse....and it would be legal where I live...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
But on topic to your post... using a gun to defend against a mugger is foolish and unChristian IMO.  To escalate a situation that could end in someone dying over the contents of one's wallet is just stupid.  But if I happen upon a rape or terrorist attack or mass shooting or witness a murder [we have many gangs around here with many murders...], I would much rather be armed.  And if someone comes into my home with the intent to harm my family... I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting them.  Breaking in to steal my TV though?  Not worth anyone dying over.
If someone broke into my home to steal from us or conducted a home invasion or even tried to mug me or steal our car at the walmart or whatever I would have no problem in using deadly force to stop it..and truthfully i would feel no remorse....and it would be legal where I live...

It would be legal where I live too. But I sure would hate to take a life. Crying or Very sad  But to protect my family I would if I had to.

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Is there reverence in the Bible that tells us it would be okay to kill in self-defense? And I don't mean the old testaments laws because Jesus fullfilled the law and gave a new one. I'm really curious.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next