The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIGHTS?

+5
CrimsonWarrior
alldatndensum
ThomasEversole
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RIGHTS? Empty RIGHTS?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Since alot of you guys claim that America is becoming oppressed and that we are losing our rights I am really curious what rights you guys think you have lost..what has changed that keeps you from living and saying and doing  and believing what you want? What rights have you lost personally? (this is not a debate or political thing..i am just generally curious since I dont think I have lost any rights)

scratch

Back to top Go down

RIGHTS? Empty Re: RIGHTS?

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Being a Californian, my 2nd Amendment rights are infringed in multiple ways here.  There are many guns that I am not allowed to purchase or own.  That is super annoying.  The sheriff in my county refuses to give out conceal-carry permits (which is against Federal law...) which is a real big deal in my opinion.  Also, in CA we're not allowed to use magazines that have more than 10 rounds AND for semi-automatic rifles with pistol grips (like AR-15s and AK-47s) we have to "use a tool" to reload them (such as a Bullet Button, RadLock, etc.).

I'm not sure if a "right to privacy" is a thing [anymore]... but I am very bothered by how much data is kept on individuals.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:Being a Californian, my 2nd Amendment rights are infringed in multiple ways here.  There are many guns that I am not allowed to purchase or own.  That is super annoying.  The sheriff in my county refuses to give out conceal-carry permits (which is against Federal law...) which is a real big deal in my opinion.  Also, in CA we're not allowed to use magazines that have more than 10 rounds AND for semi-automatic rifles with pistol grips (like AR-15s and AK-47s) we have to "use a tool" to reload them (such as a Bullet Button, RadLock, etc.).

I'm not sure if a "right to privacy" is a thing [anymore]... but I am very bothered by how much data is kept on individuals.
This post +1

Im sure theres a few more but Im not in a political mood Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:15 am

I'm not in a political mood either lol!

I don't really feel I have any rights violated since I was a child til now. Still a free country with freedom of speech and the right to pray!!!

Smile

I am THANKFUL for my country!!! I am so blessed to live here!!! I might not agree with EVERYTHING that goes on (I certainly don't). But I am still very happy and thankful I live here in America!!! How often we take for granted what a great country we have!!!

Though sometimes I envy other countries (whose overall people are better off, there are less poor - like in Australia and Scandinavia). I'm still glad I live in America! But then again, I'm not one of the thousands of extremely poor people that live in the USA. Sweden and Norway hardly even have any poor to speak of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:17 am

Is it not evident the changes this nation has made in the last 20 years or so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:22 am

Aaron C wrote:Is it not evident the changes this nation has made in the last 20 years or so?

Yes, but some of the changes have actually been good. I try to find the positive - and focus on that. In the meantime, we do need to pray for our country! And if we were praying ... we never would have lost ground. But I remain hopeful. There is a generation being raised up now that will pray and carry the torch!

That is why it is so important that we teach our children how to pray and to believe and to have faith for a better future!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 pm

As it says in Proverbs train your child in the way he should go so when he grows up he wont depart from it (paraphrasing)

We live in a country that celebrates homosexuality and corruption but at the same time try to remove any instance of God. IMO its only because of the Christians in the US' sake that we're not worse off IMO. Morality wise I am very sacred for this country

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:25 pm

I wouldn't say I have lost any rights. Nothing the government does effects how I choose to live.

The only guns I have are my left and right arms. (20" arms at the bicep)
Wink
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Only Reason why I dont own a gun is because I cannot afford to buy one, if I could I would have a firearm or 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm not a huge fan of guns to be honest. I've seen way too much harm come from them. Had a friend almost killed his sister. It's nonsense. Anyway ... yeah, I do lean a bit left.

At the same time, I'm not one of these types who just think we need to have our guns taken away. I think those who are responsible should have the right to shoot.

Military weapons though? In the hands of civilians? No. That's not necessary IMHO. Just my opinion. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:55 pm

I grew up with Guns, my uncle had a small arsenal pistols, and rifles (no military autos or anything like that) and he taught me about respecting the firearm and how to be responsible with it.  Of course I would keep them locked up with the key in my constant possession, but they are not toys, they are tools. With them you can hunt and feed your family. Or you can defend your family, or if you are sports type person there's always the whole target thing which for the life of me i cannot remember the name of right now. But my brother was a natural when he was younger.

I believe its a choice, if you dont believe in owning them thats your choice and I respect it, I feel that the problem with guns today is people dont respect them they see the thug/gangsta lifestyle or whatever and think they can use them on other people with no consequences like it was the wild west or something. I am not against making them hard to get with bg checks, etc. I do feel that a big problem is the lack of respect and responsibility in owning and using them. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Aaron C on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Aaron C wrote:I grew up with Guns, my uncle had a small arsenal pistols, and rifles (no military autos or anything like that) and he taught me about respecting the firearm and how to be responsible with it.  Of course I would keep them locked up with the key in my constant possession, but they are not toys, they are tools. With them you can hunt and feed your family. Or you can defend your family, or if you are sports type person there's always the whole target thing which for the life of me i cannot remember the name of right now. But my brother was a natural when he was younger.

Yeah, I agree. There is a balance. I grew up with guns too. Just had them shoved down my throat by overtly strict parents. Got really burnt out. That's all my dad wanted to do. Shoot guns and kill animals. Got tired of it.

But yeah - there's a balance. I am against just anyone being able to go and buy a gun. The gun show loophole needs to be closed. Assault rifles are for the military, not civilians.

Hunting and for sport? Sure - I agree. However, there are a lot of wackos out there - and it's just too darn easy to get ahold of a gun in this country. I agree with Bernie Sanders (he's not completely against guns either, but agrees there's a balance).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm

you replied as i was editing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:02 pm

I believe in hunting and killing animals to feed your family not killing them for sport that im against, I dont believe that killing them for sport is what God meant when he said we had dominion over them.  To control overpopulation definitely , but not for the sake of killing that to me is murder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Aaron C wrote:I believe in hunting and killing animals to feed your family not killing them for sport that im against, I dont believe that killing them for sport is what God meant when he said we had dominion over them.  To control overpopulation definitely , but not for the sake of killing that to me is murder.

I'm against hunting for sport too. Sickens me. Ugh. If someone hunts and eats the meat - I respect that. Though I don't like the taste of wild game. I grew up on it. I'm more of a beef and pork kinda guy! Wink 

But yea - I'm all for it when you are hunting for food. I think Hardcore does that. I think it's great. Just not my thing. I'd rather hike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:24 pm

I have an Uncle in Alaska who does, he had hunted Moose and took the meat and had the butcher make it into HotDogs gave some to my folks and i got to try them OMG they were so delicious, I like game its a treat for me.

One food I am always in the mood for is Seafood, Fish, Crab, Scallops, Clams, Lobster, Calamari Mmmmmmmmmmm so good

But i think I am bringing this thread off track, just stuff that popped into my head is all.... I think I personally feel less free, you have to be careful whats said or offending people because as a society we've turned into that society like in Demoliton Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Aaron C wrote: I think I personally feel less free, you have to be careful whats said or offending people because as a society we've turned into that society like in Demoliton Man
True, everything offends someone out there Rolling Eyes
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Im offended by that statement Razz 

Hehe just kidding

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Aaron C wrote:Im offended by that statement Razz 

Hehe just kidding
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Yeah I understand what you are saying. The 'political correctness'. I hate that too.

Heck, that is one thing I like about Trump! Very Happy I might vote Republican this year. We'll see what unfolds. I trust Bernie, but not Hillary anymore. She's been caught in too many lies. I'd vote Trump over her.

I'm still hoping for Bernie though. Not to get all political and all. Heheh. Bernie is not really a true Democrat anyway. He's more of an Independent and so is Trump! They actually have more in common than people realize. Trump wants a similar kind of healthcare too. We'll see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Political correctness is just a nice way of saying "loss of freedom of speech".  They don't snatch a right all at once.  They whittle it away.

To be honest, I don't feel that we've lost rights per se.  However, I do think that there have been several that have been infringed and the whittling away has begun in the areas of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, right to bear arms, etc.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Political correctness is just a nice way of saying "loss of freedom of speech".  They don't snatch a right all at once.  They whittle it away.

To be honest, I don't feel that we've lost rights per se.  However, I do think that there have been several that have been infringed and the whittling away has begun in the areas of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, right to bear arms, etc.
Yes
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Political correctness is just a nice way of saying "loss of freedom of speech".  They don't snatch a right all at once.  They whittle it away.
I know that we all have to use politically correct language online sometimes because of forum or website rules but do you use it in real life..Just curious? (You probably already figured out I dont..i say whatever and dont care much what someone thinks Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:44 pm

gun rights? well, I grew up in Texas and live in Oklahoma now (maybe going back to Texas soon) so i live in the 2 most gun friendly states in the union...its so easy to get a gun or a carry permit here and open carry is everywhere...not to mention the mass range of guns (and other lethal weapons ) that are legally available in my part of the country...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next