The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album

3 posters

Go down

Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album Empty Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 am

I am huge fan of Rez and want to explore something new in Glen Kaiser solo career. I am concerned that we are talking about blues, not rock music, but does anyone knows a good album to begin with?

Back to top Go down

Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album Empty Re: Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album

Post by redsea1013 Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 am

Glen's solo efforts are primarily blues rock. I have Winter Sun and it is a solid effort. If you do not like blues, you will not like his solo releases. Check out his solo stuff on YouTube or AllMusic before buying a releases.

redsea1013
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album Empty Re: Best Glen Kaiser/Glen Kaiser band album

Post by redsea1013 Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 am

Oops...a release...not releases...haha!

redsea1013
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 am

1. CAROLINA MOON
2. Blacktop
3. Winter Sun

Those three slots really are tied for 1st but I do seem to always play "Carolina Moon" first when I get in a GKB mood.

My list would then continue:

4.  Spontaneous Combustion
5.  Octane
6.  Cardboard Box
7.  Ripley County Blues

To be honest, there are none of these that I don't like.  I am very fond of the "Cardboard Box" album because Glenn makes and plays his own cigar box guitars.  I also am doing an album featuring my cigar box guitars.  His is more stripped down and primal where mine is going more in the full band range.  What did that have to do with the awesomeness of Glenn Kaiser?  None.  That just extra for.....safety's sake.  LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Carolina Moon is extraordinary!   It's one of the best blues / blues-rock discs I've ever heard.  
This CD is a fiery, intense, grooving blues-rock romp par excellence. Blues or blues-rock can get mighty stale and boring sometimes, but this is gritty and driving, it's edgy - almost no cliched riffs or licks here, this is something that bubbles up from a creativity that is passionate and heartfelt. The material has the swing and heft of good classic rock, like ZZ Top at times, or Led Zeppelin and even UFO. Everything about this project is superb, from the song-writing to the production. There is not one song here that you even remotely want to skip - it's that good.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down