The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite David Bowie Album

3 posters

Go down

What is your favorite Album by David Bowie

Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap18%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap6%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap6%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap12%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap12%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_lcap28%Favorite David Bowie Album I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Favorite David Bowie Album Empty Favorite David Bowie Album

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Choose (I had the entire discography listed but it said too many poll options grrr)

Back to top Go down

Favorite David Bowie Album Empty Re: Favorite David Bowie Album

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:55 pm

"Ziggy Stardust" followed closely by "Let's Dance"
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:26 am

I only have his Greatest Hits album and the "Labyrinth Soundtrack".

Both are good ... but based on the Greatest Hits album - Id say my favorite studio album would probably be "Let's Dance". Love those early 80s songs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:13 am

RavenWolf wrote:I only have his Greatest Hits album and the "Labyrinth Soundtrack".

Both are good ... but based on the Greatest Hits album - Id say my favorite studio album would probably be "Let's Dance". Love those early 80s songs.
You know what I am going to tell you right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:24 am

For Me, my top 3 favorites from David Bowie are....

The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Low
Diamond Dogs / Hours (tie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Aaron C wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:I only have his Greatest Hits album and the "Labyrinth Soundtrack".

You know what I am going to tell you right?

Yeah. I liked "Low". Checked out some of it online. Don't get me wrong. Good album. I still think "Let's Dance" is my fave from Bowie. Love the New Wave influence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:51 pm

personally Lets Dance is low on my Bowie list just doesnt do much for me like the other albums do i guess an artist is allowed a dud here and there right?

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Let's Dance for me, as I love SRV's playing on it. Fantastic!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Yeah, the "Let's Dance" era of Bowie was when I was a child and just getting into music. So that is the Bowie that I think of first and foremost when thinking of Bowie.

Since his departure Sunday night, I've been singing "Let's Dance" and "China Girl" nonstop throughout the day.

I guess you can look at it like a dud. It's in the eye of the beholder though ya know?

I think a lot of the 80s type of people (which is what I am) prefer the "Let's Dance" era.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:22 am

RavenWolf wrote:
I guess you can look at it like a dud. It's in the eye of the beholder though ya know?
 Exactly bro, Its all about preference

When I bought Let's Dance I was disappointed, the title track was very different than the radio version, and most of the songs did little for me, though I do like Modern Love, China Girl is ok I gotta be in the mood for it. I do like Iggy Pop's version of it.  Thing is you say 80s people perfer that era maybe you and a few others Im not one of them but I am a child of the 80s, but if your gonna talk about the 80s era then lets discuss more than Let's Dance. In the 80s David Bowie released  Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) in 1980, Let's Dance in 1983, Tonight in 1984,Never Let Me Down in 1987 and Tin Machine in 1989.   When I think of David Bowie, my earliest memory is that narration of Peter and the Wolf.  Since his passing,  I Have been listening to nothing but Bowie, I had my playlist made about a week before he passed and I must have put like 30 different songs by Bowie, spanning his career, including Blackstar. Ill be writing a review for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:32 am

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 am

RavenWolf wrote:Yeah, the "Let's Dance" era of Bowie was when I was a child and just getting into music. So that is the Bowie that I think of first and foremost when thinking of Bowie.

Since his departure Sunday night, I've been singing "Let's Dance" and "China Girl" nonstop throughout the day.

I think a lot of the 80s type of people (which is what I am) prefer the "Let's Dance" era.

In retrospect, Neil Young had an odd 80's era, particularly "Neil and The Shocking Pinks" which was a rockabilly album. That is my favorite Neil album. I think I was 12 or 13 when it came out and I ordered it on cassette from the Columbia House Records club. It was finally issued on CD in the early 2000's and I grabbed it as soon as I could find a copy. 

So while Let's Dance or Neil and the Shocking Pinks may not be the best they had to offer, those are my favorites by those guys.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Aaron C wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:

When I bought Let's Dance I was disappointed, the title track was very different than the radio version, and most of the songs did little for me, though I do like Modern Love, China Girl is ok I gotta be in the mood for it. I do like Iggy Pop's version of it.  Thing is you say 80s people perfer that era maybe you and a few others Im not one of them but I am a child of the 80s, but if your gonna talk about the 80s era then lets discuss more than Let's Dance. In the 80s David Bowie released  Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) in 1980, Let's Dance in 1983, Tonight in 1984,Never Let Me Down in 1987 and Tin Machine in 1989.   When I think of David Bowie, my earliest memory is that narration of Peter and the Wolf.  Since his passing,  I Have been listening to nothing but Bowie, I had my playlist made about a week before he passed and I must have put like 30 different songs by Bowie, spanning his career, including Blackstar. Ill be writing a review for that.

Also, let's not forget the "Labyrinth Soundtrack". That came out in 1986. I have that album and really like it too. I know it's a collaboration with another musician, but it's still a David Bowie album too. That album is actually kinda underrated I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 am

RavenWolf wrote:
Aaron C wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:

Also, let's not forget the "Labyrinth Soundtrack". That came out in 1986. I have that album and really like it too. I know it's a collaboration with another musician, but it's still a David Bowie album too. That album is actually kinda underrated I think.

I wouldnt call it underrated at least based on my experience, its normally the go to album of people who are not very familiar with David Bowie's music. I know alot of people who when David Bowie is mentioned instantly bring this album up. Its an alright album. I have "When the World Falls Down", "Underground", and "Within You" in my playlist very often. In the Best of David Bowie double DVD (which is a ton of Bowie music videos) they actually have "Underground" included.

Theres alot of Bowie albums that are only on Vinyl (Bootlegs) back in the 70s Bowie didnt care that he was bootlegged. Would be nice if some of those releases were released as CDs

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Low easily. Definitely his most adventurous and consistent album.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Lets Dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:57 am

Friday13th wrote:Low easily. Definitely his most adventurous and consistent album.
cheers Metal 1 Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down