The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unthinkable has happened. Lemmy has passed.....

+5
d@v!d
My Awesome Timothy
Grimmo
metaldude
exo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The unthinkable has happened.  Lemmy has passed..... Empty The unthinkable has happened. Lemmy has passed.....

Post by exo Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:15 am

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

The unthinkable has happened.  Lemmy has passed..... Empty Re: The unthinkable has happened. Lemmy has passed.....

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:02 am

horrible news...cranking some motorhead tonight..see ya on the other side lemmy..you are missed..

Back to top Go down

The unthinkable has happened.  Lemmy has passed..... Empty Re: The unthinkable has happened. Lemmy has passed.....

Post by metaldude Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:25 am

I'm not a big fan, but I would be a fool to not recognize the mark he left on metal. A great one gone, for sure.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmo Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:49 am

Sad news indeed. May he rock in heaven.
Grimmo
Grimmo
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:45 am

Yes I read the news whilst at work today. It bummed me out for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 pm

I found out about this earlier today - and I must admit - it took me by surprise. In fact, I actually cried. That's two times I've cried now when one someone famous in Metal has died. I also cried when Dio died. It's been a tough day for sure. Losing Lemmy is like Star Wars losing Han Solo.

To be honest, though I'm a fan of Motorhead, I'm an even bigger fan of Hawkwind. Groundbreaking. And Lemmy cut his teeth in that band.

R.I.P. Lemmy. I hope to see you one day on the other side. I hope you made your peace with God.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:47 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I found out about this earlier today - and I must admit - it took me by surprise. In fact, I actually cried. That's two times I've cried now when one someone famous in Metal has died. I also cried when Dio died. It's been a tough day for sure. Losing Lemmy is like Star Wars losing Han Solo.

To be honest, though I'm a fan of Motorhead, I'm an even bigger fan of Hawkwind. Groundbreaking. And Lemmy cut his teeth in that band.

R.I.P. Lemmy. I hope to see you one day on the other side. I hope you made your peace with God.

Lovely words.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:07 pm

This is just sad. I´m huge Motörhead fan and after this there is no Motörhead anymore - he was the band.

Seeing their last Finnish gig was sad experience. Lemmy looked tired and fragile and I think everybody knew that Lemmy is about to go. He chose his lifestyle and lived that until the end. I´m sad of that self-destruction, though it was part of his character.

He created simple but powerful music.

I admire his integrity. He did what he wanted, and never, never let the fast changing musical trends to take over his own vision and his own judgement. He followed his own path musically. That is the reason I love his music.

Today I´ll smoke fine cigar and take one or two shots of Jack and listen only motörhead.

RIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Thats how I felt when Weiland died. 

never been a fan of Motorhead but i liked a few songs Lemmy did and I recognize the contribution he made to music. He was an Icon. What is very sad is he was diagnosed with a form of Cancer on Dec 26th and 3 days later he's gone...

RIP Lemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:52 am

Let the tributes begin...

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:19 am

I never was a super big fan, but enjoyed some of their songs back in the day.
I saw them a few times and once made the big mistake of not bringing hearing protection and spent the next 3 days with the ocean in my head.

I must confess that I am amazed that he carried on his over the top hedonistic lifestyle right into the last few months he was with us and reached an age that health nuts aspire to make it to, but I also find it so sad knowing that, in great likelihood, he is not in a better place. Life isn't about living for yourself to the fullest like he did, but rather glorifying God to the fullest that not even the best of us who know grace do well even on our best days.

Indeed, sad news.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 am

^Very well said.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:37 am

Not a fan of Motorhead but I must admit the guy was (is) a legend.

On the other hand, if he is spending eternity in hell or heaven is something ONLY God knows at this very moment. Let's pray for his family, friends, fans to come to the knowledge of the true almighty God.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 am

Darth Vader wrote:Not a fan of Motorhead but I must admit the guy was (is) a legend.

On the other hand, if he is spending eternity in hell or heaven is something ONLY God knows at this very moment. Let's pray for his family, friends, fans to come to the knowledge of the true almighty God.

AMEN!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:30 am

Life isn't about living for yourself to the fullest like he did

when I studied Judaism I learned that they teach "to not live life to the fullest and for yourself" is a sin. They say that God created us to enjoy our life..I find that interesting..Lemmy definitely did that as do alot of rock stars...

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:55 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Life isn't about living for yourself to the fullest like he did

when I studied Judaism I learned that they teach "to not live life to the fullest and for yourself" is a sin. They say that God created us to enjoy our life..I find that interesting
Yes, interesting. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any sources for that, I'm curious to see?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:08 am

d@v!d wrote:
Yes, interesting. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any sources for that, I'm curious to see?

Probably the Talmud/mystical end of things within Judaism.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:13 am

Motorhead is up there among my all time favorites. Lemmy, I appreciated your contribution to rock and heavy music. But its always depressing  when I hear about the rebels who stand before The One Whom they rebelled against in judgment.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:16 am

Savage Amusement wrote:..Lemmy definitely did that as do alot of rock stars...

Last edited by sentient 6 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Give it a rest S6...there is nothing wrong with one enjoying their life and living for their enjoyment and comfort...and only Father God knows the heart of each man...

Probably the Talmud/mystical end of things within Judaism.
Actually alot of reformed Rabbis teach it and write about it..Our local synagogue teaches this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:18 am

I'm so glad that the last album was so strong. Bad Magic is a fine album and I have been playing it all week in memory of Lemmy.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 pm

I forgot or perhaps never knew he was British. scratch

I saw Motorhead in 1981 on the Ace of Spades tour. They were touring with Ozzy during the Blizzard of Oz tour (Randy Rhoads).
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:29 am

I said somewhere else, without Lemmys vocals, you probably wouldn't have what later developed in Thrash metal. Speed too. When Motorhead came out, that was the fastest stuff out there. Motorhead was also one of those metal bands that kind of bridged a gap between punk and metal. Many punk kids didn't like metal, but Motorhead seemed acceptable to many in that scene.

Last edited by sentient 6 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 am

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:Give it a rest S6......

Sorry SA, I meant no personal offense. But I do understand at times my personal religious beliefs will offend. I was just bothered by some of the particular theology that was being spread in this particular thread.

But like I said somewhere else, without Lemmys vocals, you probably wouldn't have what later developed in Thrash metal. Speed too. When Motorhead came out, that was the fastest stuff out there. Motorhead was also one of those metal bands that kind of bridged a gap between punk and metal. Many punk kids didn't like metal, but Motorhead seemed acceptable to many in that scene.

S6 seriously give it a rest NOW, if you are/were "just bothered by some of the particular theology that was being spread in this particular thread." WE the STAFF will appreciate if you don't step and go further with "some of the particular theology that was being spread in this particular thread" just MOVE ON NOW
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next