The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Had To......... For Today

5 posters

Go down

If you could only keep one For Today album which would it be?

If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap0%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap50%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap17%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap17%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap16%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]
If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_lcap0%If You Had To......... For Today I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

If You Had To......... For Today Empty If You Had To......... For Today

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm

If you could only choose one For Today album which would it be?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... For Today Empty Re: If You Had To......... For Today

Post by Grindboy Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:43 pm

I don't know, I guess Portaits maybe?  They're not all that separate in my mind.  I liked Breaker too.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:06 pm

I love all their albums but their first 3 have a special place in my heart.

Portraits is in my top 5 album of all time so I voted that
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:52 pm

I think it was in the little documentary or whatever with Immortal, it seemed like Mattie kind of slammed Portraits but then acted like Breaker was next level.  Maybe that was the case for sales or kids showing up at shows, I don't know, but it seemed to me like they made "the leap" between Ekklesia and Portraits, and then Breaker to me is just about the same album as Portraits.  But I haven't really listened that critically, so maybe it's just me.  I do feel like they've been less interesting and since then, although of course still a solid band.  I guess I haven't bothered with their last one, but up through Fight the Silence, anyway.  Just my thoughts.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Guess I'm going to go against the grain here and say Immortal.

SO many anthems on that album that just make you want to sing along, pump your fist, bang your head, and drive fast! IDK it's just metalcore done right for me. I love this band, btw! I still need to get the latest release, though (but don't see it topping Immortal for me).
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm going to say Prevailer (EP) because the cover art of Jesus is just so awesome, easily one of my favorite depictions of my Lord ever. Plus I really like Flesh and Blood and the acoustic version of Fearless is really well done.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Grindboy wrote:I think it was in the little documentary or whatever with Immortal, it seemed like Mattie kind of slammed Portraits but then acted like Breaker was next level.  Maybe that was the case for sales or kids showing up at shows, I don't know, but it seemed to me like they made "the leap" between Ekklesia and Portraits, and then Breaker to me is just about the same album as Portraits.  But I haven't really listened that critically, so maybe it's just me.  I do feel like they've been less interesting and since then, although of course still a solid band.  I guess I haven't bothered with their last one, but up through Fight the Silence, anyway.  Just my thoughts.
To me Portraits and Breaker are the pinnacle of their career so far. I love everything they have put out honestly, all of them are probably in my top 30 albums.
Deepfriar wrote:Guess I'm going to go against the grain here and say Immortal.

SO many anthems on that album that just make you want to sing along, pump your fist, bang your head, and drive fast! IDK it's just metalcore done right for me. I love this band, btw! I still need to get the latest release, though (but don't see it topping Immortal for me).
To me Immortal is my least fave, even though I popped it in the other day and really enjoyed it. Fearless will forever be a anthem in my life.
Machine Fish wrote:I'm going to say Prevailer (EP) because the cover art of Jesus is just so awesome, easily one of my favorite depictions of my Lord ever. Plus I really like Flesh and Blood and the acoustic version of Fearless is really well done.
I really liked the EP, even though it doesnt beat any of their studio releases, I agree the album art is great and the acustic cover is perfect.

You all need to pick up Wake it easily their best since Breaker
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Portraits was such a good album.
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior