The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Biblical movie would you like to see?

+7
ThomasEversole
Samson
Deepfriar
metaldude
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
d@v!d
11 posters

Go down

What Biblical movie would you like to see? Empty What Biblical movie would you like to see?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Lots of movies based on the Bible have come out over the years. Some really great, some just OK, and some were terrible. What would you like to see?

I personally would like to see the story of Samson but made in the style that Mel Gibson made "The Passion of the Christ". In fact, I think he would be my choice to make it. What an amazing story that would be on screen with the amazing special effects we have today. Just imagine seeing him slay the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass, or the foxes on fire, or the treachery between Delilah and him and the cutting of his hair. Imagine seeing him decimate the lion and the honeycomb that followed. How about the ultimate gouging out of the eyes and the takedown of the temple? I can picture it now.

How about you, what do you want to see?

Back to top Go down

What Biblical movie would you like to see? Empty Re: What Biblical movie would you like to see?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Samson would be a great one!

I'd also like to see Noah ... done right. What a travesty that piece of a bear turd was.

Anyway - good call on Samson!

Back to top Go down

What Biblical movie would you like to see? Empty Re: What Biblical movie would you like to see?

Post by d@v!d Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Adam wrote:Lots of movies based on the Bible have come out over the years. Some really great, some just OK, and some were terrible. What would you like to see?

I personally would like to see the story of Samson but made in the style that Mel Gibson made "The Passion of the Christ". In fact, I think he would be my choice to make it. What an amazing story that would be on screen with the amazing special effects we have today. Just imagine seeing him slay the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass, or the foxes on fire, or the treachery between Delilah and him and the cutting of his hair. Imagine seeing him decimate the lion and the honeycomb that followed. How about the ultimate gouging out of the eyes and the takedown of the temple? I can picture it now.

Would be powerful.

Hosea and Gomer. Not in any explicit way, but something that dramatizes the redemptive purpose of their relationship.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm

If some one could make a epic biblical movie anything would be awesome

They always come across as cheesy to me.

It doesnt have to be a action packed gorefest, but it shouldnt be completely dumbed down

Thats why The Passion was so good!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 pm

The story of David for sure. With a big budget and a well written script, it would be good. You got a story with lots of drama and action naturally with all the battles and the the relationship between Saul and David. They could make it rated R for the violence but I think they should handle Davids sexual sin with modesty. And most of all, I would want a very Biblical approach with how they deal with Davids faith in God. I would want them to stress Davids true repentance. Scritural sound and entertaining at the same time.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Adam wrote:Lots of movies based on the Bible have come out over the years. Some really great, some just OK, and some were terrible. What would you like to see?

...another good choice.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 am

On the subject of Samson, did anyone see any of these?

Samson and Delilah - 1949 - Director: Cecil B. DeMille
Samson and Delilah - TV movie - 1996
Samson - 1914
Samson - 1984 - TV movie

Those are the ones I could find doing a basic search at IMDB.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about Elijah. The showdown with the prophets of Baal would be awesome.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:49 am

Adam wrote:On the subject of Samson, did anyone see any of these?

Samson - 1984 - TV movie

Those are the ones I could find doing a basic search at IMDB.
I think I did that one a long time ago. I don't remember it being too good.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:49 am

metaldude wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about Elijah. The showdown with the prophets of Baal would be awesome.
+1
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah an Elijah movie would be awesome possum! But I'll throw one out here too: Nehemiah. I'd love to see his story of starting out as a cup bearer and ending up rebuilding Jerusalem.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:10 am

Murdock would love to see one done on Hezekiah, and to an extent, Josiah.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 am

Not part of the canon, but I'd like to see a well produced/serious attempt at The Book of Enoch and/or The Book of Giants. (those two books were found with the dead sea scrolls which also included other books from the Bible canon)

If that's considered off topic and the movie would have to be part of the established Bible, then I'd like to see a movie exclusively on what happens Genesis chapter 6. (which, not to spark a debate, I believe the book of Enoch/Giants expounds upon)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Joseph and Esther (done right).  Both have climactic scenes where the antagonists get theirs and know it.

Sensient 6 brought up David.  I always thought that would make a good TV series.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:10 pm

I've always thought it'd be interesting to see biblical stories retold in modern day settings.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:I've always thought it'd be interesting to see biblical stories retold in modern day settings.

That would be cool. Jesus could go to a ball game and feed 50,000 with two hot dogs and a soda. Very Happy
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 pm

metaldude wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I've always thought it'd be interesting to see biblical stories retold in modern day settings.

That would be cool. Jesus could go to a ball game and feed 50,000 with two hot dogs and a soda.  Very Happy

Rolf 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:31 pm

lol!  See that's what I'm talking about!  The possibilities are endless!  We could even get sci-fi, like Noah could go into outer space in a giant spaceship after Earth gets flooded by global warming!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Did anyone see Peter and Paul starring Anthony Hopkins as Paul?

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Adam wrote:Did anyone see Peter and Paul starring Anthony Hopkins as Paul?
Yes, I have that movie! It's fantastic. Mostly dialogue/drama, but it is a great movie.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Kerrick wrote:lol!  See that's what I'm talking about!  The possibilities are endless!  We could even get sci-fi, like Noah could go into outer space in a giant spaceship after Earth gets flooded by global warming!

Murdock isn't sure who wrote this, but here it is:

Unknown wrote:And the Lord spoke to Noah and said: "In six months I’m going to make it rain until the whole earth is covered with water and all the evil people are destroyed. But I want to save a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. I am ordering you to build Me an Ark." And in a flash of lightning He delivered the specifications for an Ark.

"OK," said Noah, trembling in fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

"Six months, and it starts to rain," thundered the Lord. "You’d better have the Ark completed, or learn how to swim for a very long time."

And six months passed. The skies began to cloud up and rain began to fall. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard, weeping. And there was no Ark.

"Noah," shouted the Lord, "where is My Ark?"

A lightning bolt crashed into the ground next to Noah. "Lord, please forgive me!" begged Noah. "I did my best. But there were big problems. First I had to get a building permit for the Ark construction project, and your plans didn’t meet code. So I had to hire an engineer to redraw the plans. Then I got into a big fight over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system. My neighbors objected claiming I was violating zoning by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission.

Then I had a big problem getting enough wood for the Ark because there was a ban on cutting trees to save the Spotted Owl. I had to convince U.S. Fish and Wildlife that I needed the wood to save the owls. But they wouldn’t let me catch any owls. So no owls. Then the carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or a hammer. Now we have 16 carpenters going on the boat, and still no owls.

Then I started gathering up animals, and got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me taking only two of each kind. Just when I got the suit dismissed, EPA notified me that I couldn’t complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn’t take kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of a Supreme Being.

Then the Army Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed new flood plan. I sent them a globe. Right now I’m still trying to resolve a complaint from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I’m supposed to hire, the IRS has seized all my assets claiming I’m trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country, and I just got a notice from the state about owing some kind of use tax. I really don’t think I can finish your Ark for at least another five years," Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear. The sun began to shine. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up and smiled. "You mean you’re not going to destroy the earth?" Noah asked, hopefully.

"No," the Lord replied, "The government already has."
And with that, the rain stopped, the clouds parted, and the sun reappeared.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 am

There was a movie called The Judas Project that attempted this by telling the story of Jesus in modern times. It wasn't very good. Even funnier, the web site for it is still running (http://www.thejudasproject.com/) There's lots of old dialup internet goodness to be found there ("Our sites are best viewed with IE5 or better & Netscape 7 or better.")
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 am

Wasnt Mel Gibson working on a film about Judah Maccabees (i dont want to get into a theological debate whether Maccabees is biblical canon or not)? And of course, if you dont have much of a budget, you can just make a movie based off the letters of Paul (literally  a film of Paul writing down the letters and sending them)  Very Happy

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:52 am

Actually they did make a movie back in 2002 called Joshua. It wasn't bad. About a coming of Christ in modern day.

What Biblical movie would you like to see? MV5BMTIwNzkzNTk1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ2NzYxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 am

Kerrick wrote:lol!  See that's what I'm talking about!  The possibilities are endless!  We could even get sci-fi, like Noah could go into outer space in a giant spaceship after Earth gets flooded by global warming!
Isnt that what Noah (2014) was about?

Spam
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down