The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music

3 posters

Go down

Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music Empty Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:09 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music Empty Re: Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:14 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music Empty Re: Heres some good modern ( and biblical ) worship music

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

....these guys ( and gals ) have a few albums out.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks, sentient, I'll definitely check these. I dunno if you saw my post about Kings Kaleidoscope but that's another modern worship band that's interesting and talented.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:42 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Friel's the deal. I'm just curious, sentient, but do you happen to be a Calvinist?  Very Happy
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:03 pm

Friday13th wrote:Friel's the deal. I'm just curious, sentient, but do you happen to be a Calvinist?  Very Happy

Friel usually goes over like a lead balloon around here, but i'm some still get the point regardless of the knee jerk reaction.

...and sure....if I gotta  be put in a box....i'm a Calvinist.    Twisted Evil
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:10 pm

I enjoy his videos, no doubt, even though I disagree with some of them. I was just asking because I just noticed a different connection between Calvinism and stricter Biblical adherence than I originally thought. For example, I take most Bible verses literally and try to fit the others that seem contradictory and not representative of the whole message. I saw a great video by Friel on gender roles that presents this method to interpret Biblical teaching.

So Friel doesn't attempt to use a completely literal interpretation either, which I was surprised since he appeared to be "one of those extremely literally Calvinists!" haha
I assumed many...generalization here...Calvinist Christians get more infuriated by...lets say..."creative worship songs" because they stick to literal interpretations and thus everything had to be exactly replicated from the Bible.  

So here's my latest theory that I'd appreciate any criticism or confirmation. Calvinists view all conversions or any other "change of heart" within a Christian to be predestined by God. No one is actually "convinced of the gospel" by any means other than supernatural transformation. The only reason to evangelize is to obey Jesus because we love Him, it glorifies Him, etc
So, it is considered downright FUTILE to use any method to seemingly coax people into worshiping God through "creative" means. Get what I'm saying? All worldy efforts to accomplish a change in the spiritual is ineffectual since God holds all the chips. Am I getting close or not really?
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Back to good biblical worship, this one's based on Psalm 139. Hence the name!  

This one on Matthew 6:25-34. One of my favorites! 

Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Some decent music. Thanks for sharing. I really never listen to this kind of music much, but maybe I'll look into it some more.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Friday13th wrote:I enjoy his videos, no doubt, even though I disagree with some of them. I was just asking because I just noticed a different connection between Calvinism and stricter Biblical adherence than I originally thought. For example, I take most Bible verses literally and try to fit the others that seem contradictory and not representative of the whole message. I saw a great video by Friel on gender roles that presents this method to interpret Biblical teaching.

So Friel doesn't attempt to use a completely literal interpretation either, which I was surprised since he appeared to be "one of those extremely literally Calvinists!" haha
I assumed many...generalization here...Calvinist Christians get more infuriated by...lets say..."creative worship songs" because they stick to literal interpretations and thus everything had to be exactly replicated from the Bible.  

So here's my latest theory that I'd appreciate any criticism or confirmation. Calvinists view all conversions or any other "change of heart" within a Christian to be predestined by God. No one is actually "convinced of the gospel" by any means other than supernatural transformation. The only reason to evangelize is to obey Jesus because we love Him, it glorifies Him, etc
So, it is considered downright FUTILE to use any method to seemingly coax people into worshiping God through "creative" means. Get what I'm saying? All worldy efforts to accomplish a change in the spiritual is ineffectual since God holds all the chips. Am I getting close or not really?
I know this isn't directed to me but I wanted to offer a thought. I think Calvinism suffers a bad rep because of the polemical terms used usually to describe it. What you are talking about sounds fatalistic to me.

Look at a rainbow. You see many colors next to each other, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Yet when you look close to where they meet it's hard to tell where one color end and another begins. God has a will and man has a will. God's will prevails and yet man has a will. It's hard to tell where they meet.

You are right in your observation that Calvinists generally frown on trying to coax new converts. Where this goes south is when they allow the idea of predestination to justify their indolence and never reach out to present the gospel.

You touched on a lot of things and I don't have the energy to unpack it as to answer it isn't simple, but I don't want to discourage you from asking such questions for a lack of response. I think your question is good. Maybe S6 will do justice.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:58 pm

The only reason to evangelize is to obey Jesus because we love Him, it glorifies Him, etc

here is the part you got wrong...scripture says no one comes except by hearing so even the predestined have to hear before they can come..the Calvinist believe the predestined will respond because God has transformed their hearts to be open to and accept the message...remember, Calvinist believe in total Depravity (When Calvinists speak of humans as "totally depraved," they are making an extensive, rather than an intensive statement. The effect of the fall upon man is that sin has extended to every part of his personality -- his thinking, his emotions, and his will. Not necessarily that he is intensely sinful, but that sin has extended to his entire being. The unregenerate (unsaved) man is dead in his sins. Without the power of the Holy Spirit, the natural man is blind and deaf to the message of the gospel . This is why Total Depravity has also been called "Total Inability." The man without a knowledge of God will never come to this knowledge without God's making him alive through Christ...
For the record I am not a Calvinist and I reject all Calvinist thinking but I think I have explained it well and the local Calvinist will agree Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 am

Okay, thanks guys. 

d@v!d, I'm not trying to cast Calvinism so stark. I do have many Calvinist friends who probably do a better job at preaching the gospel than I do. They can be a bit blunt...but who knows? Sometimes I question the softer approach too. When you say it's hard to know where predestination and freewill meet is kinda what I believe. I consider predestination less a manifestation of God's authority as it is a mystery linked to God's omniscience.  

Savage, thanks for reminding me. I forgot the connection between preaching and accepting is still there in Calvinism. My main point was more that the mannerisms of preaching are important since communicating the content specified in scripture is really all that matters.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Friday13th wrote:Okay, thanks guys. 

d@v!d, I'm not trying to cast Calvinism so stark. I do have many Calvinist friends who probably do a better job at preaching the gospel than I do. They can be a bit blunt...but who knows? Sometimes I question the softer approach too. When you say it's hard to know where predestination and freewill meet is kinda what I believe. I consider predestination less a manifestation of God's authority as it is a mystery linked to God's omniscience. 
I didn't think YOU were trying to state things starkly. It does it itself. Things like TULIP and such put things in such stark terms. I believe reality TULIP is true but the way it is condensed into 5 points makes it seem so harsh.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon May 09, 2016 2:46 pm

d@v!d wrote:Maybe S6 will do justice.

Maybe later.

...but I liked what you posted though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Dustin Kensrue, the former singer and song writer for Thrice has got some good worship music.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon May 09, 2016 2:55 pm

.....a good one for Christmas...

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon May 09, 2016 2:58 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon May 09, 2016 3:19 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down