The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CERN

+6
ThomasEversole
Peter who was Vaak
bjorn agin
d@v!d
Blake
Deepfriar
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CERN Empty CERN

Post by Deepfriar Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN

^

wikipedia wrote:The European Organization for Nuclear Research (French: Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire), known as CERN (/ˈsɜrn/; French pronunciation: ​[sɛʁn]; derived from the name "Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire"; see History) is a European research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Established in 1954, the organization is based in a northwest suburb of Geneva on the Franco–Swiss border, (
CERN 17px-WMA_button2b WikiMiniAtlas
46°14′3″N 6°3′19″E / 46.23417°N 6.05528°E / 46.23417; 6.05528) and has 22 member states. Israel is the first (and currently only) non-European country granted full membership.[3]

The term CERN is also used to refer to the laboratory, which in 2013 had 2,513 staff members, and hosted some 12,313 fellows, associates, apprentices as well as visiting scientists and engineers[4] representing 608 universities and research facilities.[5]
CERN's main function is to provide the particle accelerators and other infrastructure needed for high-energy physics research – as a result, numerous experiments have been constructed at CERN as a result of international collaborations.

Basically, they conduct tests such as utilizing their underground 17-mile long tunnel to speed up two particles to ~light speed and collide them together... trying to re-create what happened at the "big bang," discover the "God particle" (breaking up the smallest particles to discover what matter is truly made of), and the by-product of their experiments they expect will create dark matter (more destructive than nuclear bombs).

I am no physicist so that's just the gist and probably not 100% accurate as far as terminology goes, but you get the basic idea.

Thoughts?

Is man dabbling with forces they should leave alone?
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

CERN Empty Re: CERN

Post by Blake Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:33 am

I remember the big scare the Large Hadron Collider caused when they first started talking about it. Everyone was afraid the earth would be consumed in a black hole. I'm not too worried about it, that's great if they make scientific advances, but considering we were designed by a Creator I just will just eat my popcorn and watch while they try to recreate their skewed view of creation.

Although I have seen one interesting theory that if there was a "Big Bang", then it may have been used by God as a method to bring things into existence, maybe that big bang was just God snapping his fingers.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 am

Deepfriar wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN

^

wikipedia wrote:The European Organization for Nuclear Research (French: Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire), known as CERN (/ˈsɜrn/; French pronunciation: ​[sɛʁn]; derived from the name "Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire"; see History) is a European research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Established in 1954, the organization is based in a northwest suburb of Geneva on the Franco–Swiss border, (
CERN 17px-WMA_button2b WikiMiniAtlas
46°14′3″N 6°3′19″E / 46.23417°N 6.05528°E / 46.23417; 6.05528) and has 22 member states. Israel is the first (and currently only) non-European country granted full membership.[3]

The term CERN is also used to refer to the laboratory, which in 2013 had 2,513 staff members, and hosted some 12,313 fellows, associates, apprentices as well as visiting scientists and engineers[4] representing 608 universities and research facilities.[5]
CERN's main function is to provide the particle accelerators and other infrastructure needed for high-energy physics research – as a result, numerous experiments have been constructed at CERN as a result of international collaborations.

Basically, they conduct tests such as utilizing their underground 17-mile long tunnel to speed up two particles to ~light speed and collide them together... trying to re-create what happened at the "big bang," discover the "God particle" (breaking up the smallest particles to discover what matter is truly made of), and the by-product of their experiments they expect will create dark matter (more destructive than nuclear bombs).

I am no physicist so that's just the gist and probably not 100% accurate as far as terminology goes, but you get the basic idea.

Thoughts?

Is man dabbling with forces they should leave alone?
The atomic bomb was man dabbling with forces he should leave alone. Yes, because of the destructive potential, we ought to leave it alone.

What good have we brought ourselves having developed atomic weapons? None. Now we all live with apprehension and fear.

Yes, it's fascinating to know what atoms are made of, but in the end, how is it going to encourage me to love my neighbor?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:07 am

Here is a picture of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) where the particles collide. Looks like something out of a science fiction movie.

CERN Amazing_1606576i

And here is a picture that depicts the length of tunnel that runs underground:

CERN Cern

And here is a statue of Hindu god Shiva "The Destroyer" in the courtyard of the CERN facility:

CERN Cern34
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Deepfriar wrote:Here is a picture of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) where the particles collide. Looks like something out of a science fiction movie.

CERN Amazing_1606576i
Yeah, I played Half-Life.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I remember the big scare the Large Hadron Collider caused when they first started talking about it. Everyone was afraid the earth would be consumed in a black hole. I'm not too worried about it, that's great if they make scientific advances, but considering we were designed by a Creator I just will just eat my popcorn and watch while they try to recreate their skewed view of creation.

Although I have seen one interesting theory that if there was a "Big Bang", then it may have been used by God as a method to bring things into existence, maybe that big bang was just God snapping his fingers.

I thought about that from time to time. I believe God created the heavens and the earth as stated in the bible but what was never said was How he did it. So in the line of thinking your saying I agree completely but at the same time its not something that keeps me up at night ya know? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:17 am

d@v!d wrote:What good have we brought ourselves having developed atomic weapons? None. Now we all live with apprehension and fear.

*** NERD ALERT ***  I'm about to go off on a tangent that reveals my inner-nerd.

Actually we have the development of nuclear weapons to thank for plutonium-238 which is the only source of nuclear fuel for long range spacecraft (Like the Voyager and New Horizons probes) that have traveled far away from sunlight and have given us unprecedented views of our solar system. Plutonium-238 is a by-product of weapons grade reactors. (which have been shut down for decades now). We are currently running out of the fuel. (See http://www.wired.com/2013/09/plutonium-238-problem/ for more info).

I get what you are saying about the bad part of developing atomic and nuclear weapons. But there has been a lot of good uses from the discovery of nuclear power.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:29 am

Right, I'm not suggesting that there can not be a positive side of this kind of research, I'm saying that what they are doing now borders on playing with the fabric of reality! At the risk of sounding like a science fiction conspiracy theory lunatic, I feel like what they are doing is dangerous on a planetary scale.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:32 am

I'm not worried.  I am reminded of what my roommate, a physicist, said about global warming "I read the Bible and know how the world's going to end and it isn't global warming."

That being said, the research taking place at CERN which is letting us better understand the universe that God created is pretty cool.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:25 am

We don't know how the Bible events will play out, though. Who is to say mankind won't be responsible for the pit of Abaddon being opened?
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 am

...it's not like we can do anything about it, it's just interesting to theorize.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 am

bjorn agin wrote:
d@v!d wrote:What good have we brought ourselves having developed atomic weapons? None. Now we all live with apprehension and fear.

*** NERD ALERT ***  I'm about to go off on a tangent that reveals my inner-nerd.

Actually we have the development of nuclear weapons to thank for plutonium-238 which is the only source of nuclear fuel for long range spacecraft (Like the Voyager and New Horizons probes) that have traveled far away from sunlight and have given us unprecedented views of our solar system. Plutonium-238 is a by-product of weapons grade reactors. (which have been shut down for decades now). We are currently running out of the fuel. (See http://www.wired.com/2013/09/plutonium-238-problem/ for more info).

I get what you are saying about the bad part of developing atomic and nuclear weapons. But there has been a lot of good uses from the discovery of nuclear power.
Very interesting article!

Yes, there are some good things from this power.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 am

Being both a sci-fi geek and working in the IT field I always find these things interesting. I'm interested in seeing what happens with this, but I do find it a bit weird that they have that statue out front.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Being both a sci-fi geek and working in the IT field I always find these things interesting. I'm interested in seeing what happens with this, but I do find it a bit weird that they have that statue out front.
Yeah, Shiva is doing his cosmic dance of destruction in that pose. Shiva destroys so that Brahma can create. I find it interesting that they are trying to break down particles to see what the universe is made of and create dark matter with that statue in the courtyard. Are they trying to say that we are our own gods now, destroying so that we can recreate?

Here's a video that CERN released:

Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm not conCERNed about it.  (sorry, I can take credit for that pun - someone used it on The Blackest Light (Christian black metal forum) for the CERN discussion there)

This might seem like a thread derail, but roll with me here. I've seen a lot of evidence regarding the sightings of unidentified flying objects increasing dramatically after the first atomic bomb/testing.  There are plenty of professionals that theorize (based on plenty of evidence) that these technologically advanced galactic visitors (whoever they are, wherever they come from) have been monitoring and interacting with world leaders regarding our (potential) mass destruction.

...like an adult would when a toddler finds a book of matches.

I'll not turn this into an extraterrestrial debate, but it makes logical sense to me that if "aliens" would stop us from (accidentally) blowing ourselves up, hypothetically, then God would also prevent it.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Sleep
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 pm

This may have something to do with the ridicules ''climate change is the biggest threat to our national security'' rhetoric being put out there by the treasonous obama administration. Playing with madness. This is pure evil genius reality. imo
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Super Collider Megadeth!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Jessrox wrote:Super Collider Megadeth!

I predict a Mortification album title coming out of this like "The Dark Matter Annihilation Machine" or something like that. Razz
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:15 pm

I asked my physicist roommate if CERN could make a blackhole that could destroy the planet.  He basically said the same thing as above again.

Also, as for the aliens, there's this: with the increase of cell phones with cameras, camcorders, and all that jazz, we have seen exponentially fewer videos than we should given the growth of video capture devices.  They don't exist.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Also, as for the aliens, there's this: with the increase of cell phones with cameras, camcorders, and all that jazz, we have seen exponentially fewer videos than we should given the growth of video capture devices.  They don't exist.

"Because there is no video of it, therefore, they don't exist" is nothing more than a red herring.
"They Don't Exist" is a pretty heavy claim, having not scoured the entire known and unknown universe.

I'd bombard you with witness testimonies from a vast number of (ex) air force, CIA, military, special project, etc. etc. etc. if I though it would make a difference.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:55 am

I've read a lot, I've found it interesting, but with no videos to capture the stuff more recently, it's harder and harder to believe it all exists when you consider Fermi's paradox.  They haven't made contact, as far as we know; no astronomer or enthusiast has found any signs of life in the universe; and there just aren't the recordings that we would've expected.  It takes a lot more faith to believe there are aliens than I'm willing to accept.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:08 pm

I think it's safe to say if there are aliens they would actually be demons, and we know there are demons.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Deepfriar wrote:I think it's safe to say if there are aliens they would actually be demons, and we know there are demons.

I've run into more than a few witness statements where people encountering "aliens" call on the name of Jesus and there's a very interesting reaction from those beings...

Vaak, if you don't believe in extra terrestrials, that's fine.  I've got a pile of question marks about it with chunks of doubt as well.  Going as far as to say it just doesn't exist because of A, B and C seems to be contempt prior to investigation.

You're right, there are no aliens walking around for all to see - and while I'm not quite sure exactly what is there or what name it goes by, but personally - I am convinced that there is SOMETHING intelligent in, on or around this earth - not indigenous to this earth - perhaps holy or evil.  

To reiterate what deepfriar said, it very well may be that one man's alien is another man's demon.

No one has any proof of ETs because it seems this sort of thing is very VERY classified.  Top secret even, and I'm not sure why.  I'm not saying I believe every ounce of what I'll state below, but I've watched many interviews and documentaries on the subject and high profile individuals have made these (similar) claims:

1) Most people think "aliens", they think the Solipsi Rai, or "the grey aliens".  Again, witness testimony states that there are many different types of aliens, some of which if we actually did see, we wouldn't recognize it as life.  (specifically, Paul Hellyer, former Canadian defense minister, stated that there are 82 different alien races currently enhabiting/visiting earth.)  That being said,

2) The "Aliens" of power do not want to have a public impact on our planet, and prevent races from starting wars with us.  They want us to eek out our own course - plus our government might be covering extra terrestrial agenda as to not ensue mass panic.
3) "Aliens" have made limited contact as they have an interest in our resources, (from what I've heard, our DNA and (of all things) copper) just like we're interested in they're technology (especially when they crash it into our planet and we want to make a weapon out of it)
4) "Aliens" are extra dimensional and they have technology to change dimensions.  If they don't want to be seen, they will not be seen.  I've heard it compared to "like changing a channel on a radio station".
5) Based on some statements, there may be a disclosure of sorts soon - perhaps in the next few years.  (based on reports I've seen, it was 2017 - 2022.  Supposedly an alien race called "Dries" will reveal themselves to us in 2022.)

While some of the information seems very consistent and logical, I think other information (like Queen Elizabeth and George Bush being baby-eating, shapeshifting reptilians) is utter hogwash.

In closing, I wanted to throw out a somewhat sad Google statistic.
77% of Americans believe in extra-terrestrial life.
...in contrast, only 68% of Americans believe that Jesus is Lord.

I think I can speak for all of us that if I could change the belief factor to 100% Jesus, I would.

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:18 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
"Because there is no video of it, therefore, they don't exist" is nothing more than a red herring.
"They Don't Exist" is a pretty heavy claim, having not scoured the entire known and unknown universe.

How does the possible existence of other intelligent life forms fit into your view of God as Creator and scriptural Christianity ?

Heres the thing. There is a uniqueness to the planet Earth that other planets don't have that make life possible on Earth. The other thing is this. I would think that if God did create life in other solar systems that they would have nothing do with life here. If they did, they would have to fit somehow into the plan of salvation of this fallen world. And we would have to ask such questions such as....are they created in the image of God ? And if so, did they fall with humanity ?

Essentially for me, I believe this is one of those tantilizing things humanity can get caught up in to distract us from the Kingdom of God. But thats just me.

.....sorry in advance for the theology.Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: