The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millennial Reign - Carry The Fire

+10
alldatndensum
Bill Roxx
Jessrox
Pershing1134
Athanasius
Drawnsword
Staybrite
Deepfriar
metaldude
Ulterium Records
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Millennial Reign - Carry The Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Millennial Reign - Carry The Fire

Post by alldatndensum Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:06 pm

I preordered mine from Amazon and got mine today.  I'm just starting on the first track, but it sounds amazing!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Millennial Reign - Carry The Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Millennial Reign - Carry The Fire

Post by Andreas89 Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 am

So I got the Ulterium Records sampler 2015 a few months ago. It made me add some new albums to my to buy-list, which is nice. But there's one track I always skip, because of the vocals. You guessed it, it's a song by Millennial Reign.

The reason why I'm writing this is because I'm almost confused to the core about this band. I really like my metal christian, and I'm heavily into heavy/power metal. Sometimes I made some compromises by giving a band the benefit of the doubt. For example, I have three Seventh Avenue albums and I can hardly listen to them without getting bored, they just get monotonous. But I like it because it's christian, it adds something that non-christian bands (I find the term "secular" weird) don't have.
Plus, I don't mind metal singers with weird voices. I don't mind (and even sometimes like) the voices of Andi Deris, Chris Boltendahl, Christopher Bowes, Joakim Brodén, Henrik Bath (I find him sound nasal, but I can stand it), Dave Mustaine etc.

Since I got used to many kinds of singing, I only disliked the voices of singers who just sing bad. And then this James Guest (same last name as alot of people have here on this forum I guess) comes along. And for the first time in many years, I don't want to hear any more songs of a power metal band BECAUSE OF THE VOCALS. It really bummed me out that it happened with a christian band.

Now when I browse the internet, alot of reviews are very positive. The only kind of negative review stated about the same problem as I encountered: the vocals sound just weird/forced (in a bad way). This last review was the only reason I didn't think I was crazy, but I'm not there yet. Does anyone else hear what I hear?
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2