The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

+24
Black Rider
MikeInFla
eatbugs
ludey7
Friday13th
Throne of thorns
bodachi
Gipperman
MegaNorm64
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Athanasius
randy_rc
sentient 6
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
jusma
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
Professor_Valconian
Candlemass
deathisgain
Staybrite
metaldude
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 3 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:15 pm

sentient 6 wrote:It doesn't bother anyone that this is ( in essence ) the same concept as THWTD ? Plus, its a similar concept as the last album.

Stryper it seems, is in a creative rut.

It is definitely weird stuff.

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 3 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by Gipperman Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Hey Mortal,

What's weird is people like you who can't find anything better to do with their time. Yes the song is about Satan and yes I say/sing "you". And the problem is??? The problem is that you want to make it an issue because you don't like anything we do. You've made that clear. I wish I had the time to go searching for forums just to write about the issues I have with other bands/people. What a fulfilling life that would be. It would bring me so much pleasure just as I'm sure it does you. If you don't like what we do and your not a fan, be assertive and just say it. Don't tip toe around trying to make nothing into something. It's been done a million times and in a much more unique and original fashion.

We're very happy with this album and I believe our true fans will be too:-)

Shame on you.......

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Shame on me for not being a Stryper fan....Yep, that's right...although I don't see any shame in it.

I'm not into the whole fanboy thing either. I do see shame in that.

Here's the thing...It's not that I'm not a Stryper fan, or that I don't like anything you do.

It's not even about Stryper. Please don't tell me that are unable to understand that.

So...Mortal isn't a fanboy...that's ok...isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 pm

"If you can't say anything nice..."

Seems to me that folks think an interwebs forum is a place to tell everyone what they don't like.

Let's say, hypothetically, for the sake of argument:  someone starts a thread about the new Tourniquet album.  The first three people to reply are stoked.  Then a guy says "I don't like them because x."  Argument ensues, insults lobbed, thread locked.  Thanks, troll - you ruined everyone else's good time because you HAD to share your views, unrelated to the original post.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Mortal wrote:...Shame on me for not being a Stryper fan...
So...why would you post on a Stryper thread...?

To ruin everyone else's fun?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 pm

If we are going to have a "no theology talk" rule here at CMR, why can't we have a "no raging fanboyism" rule too?

I don't see why one should have to remain silent while the other runs rampant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:08 pm

bodachi wrote:
Mortal wrote:...Shame on me for not being a Stryper fan...
So...why would you post on a Stryper thread...?

To ruin everyone else's fun?

Obviously. You caught me red handed. I feel so ashamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:11 pm

[adm]GET BACK ON TOPIC[/adm]
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Mortal wrote:If we are going to have a "no theology talk" rule here at CMR, why can't we have a "no raging fanboyism" rule too?
Because you don't dictate the rules here.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Warnings have been sent 

Let's move on!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:15 pm

lol!
metaldude wrote:Anyone notice that the ones who don't really like the artwork are the ones who listen to bands with tree root logos? Razz
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:59 pm

"Fallen" is a great song, Michael. Thumbs up Can't wait!  Metal 3
face palm ...and more people trippin' on literary points of view. I recall people saying "I AM" by Theocracy was blasphemous because it's about God from a first person perspective. Neutral  *sigh* I don't envy the backlash artists suffer just for making good art.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

I'll never understand why being a huge fan - or "fan boy" -
Is deemed bad. Stryper is just consistently great and have a following that fits a strong body of work. The new single follows Yahweh in being a really good song and this fan boy can't wait to hear the next one.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:39 pm

What's going on here, is Gipperman singing love songs to Satan?! Shocked
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 pm

The new song is great...

and thank you Kerrick for the conversation we had. You were right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:06 am

Is deemed bad.

Being a fanboy isn't bad in itself.

But when individual thought is drowned out by fanboys, it becomes a problem.

When fanboys adopt the "You aint from around these parts, boy" attitude, it becomes a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am

Mortal wrote:

It is definitely weird stuff.

Well, I never said it was " weird ". I was mainly coming at this from a artistic pov and thinking it was a bit of a retreading of previous concept.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:20 am

For the record, those new songs are growing on me. And as far as the lyrics of Fallen go, there is scriptural precedent in Ezekiel 28 to write in that way. I really wouldn't make a big issue out of the way that song was written.

....but please no comment....I just wanted to point that out.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:33 am

Fanboy here.  This is great stuff.  I love the choral/layered vocals on "Fallen" and "Yahweh."  There's also a passionate harshness in the final choruses that I don't remember hearing from Michael Sweet before.  Don't hurt your vocal cords Gipperman. Rockin Loud

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 am

Michael the archangel sets a good example to live by in Jude 1:9.

When doing battle with satan, he never stopped to discuss anything with satan, but simply said "The Lord rebuke thee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:42 am

Mortal wrote:
Is deemed bad.

Being a fanboy isn't bad in itself.

But when individual thought is drowned out by fanboys, it becomes a problem.

When fanboys adopt the "You aint from around these parts, boy" attitude, it becomes a problem.

No one here could care less if you like Stryper or not...and this isn't about a "You aint from around these parts, boy" attitude.

It's about someone who apparently has some hidden agenda that makes them go out of their way to criticize and put down anything the band does and pick arguments with anyone who dares to like them. Are you that desperate for attention? Or just crazy in general Twisted Evil ?

Getting back on topic....

How many singles will be released before the cd comes out? Is this the last one?

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:42 am

Mortal wrote:Michael the archangel sets a good example to live by in Jude 1:9.

When doing battle with satan, he never stopped to discuss anything with satan, but simply said "The Lord rebuke thee."

Sure, and I would pretty much agree with that. But I think Michael was simply echoing Ezekiel 28 in Fallen, but I could be wrong. But anyway, I wouldn't make it a deal breaker from liking the song.

....but with that said....lets respect Karams warnings. Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 am

sentient 6 wrote:For the record, those new songs are growing on me. And as far as the lyrics of Fallen go, there is scriptural precedent in Ezekiel 28 to write in that way.  
Word.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 am

Like I mentioned the old hockey joke before, I once went to a fight, and a Stryper thread broke out.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 pm

deathisgain wrote:Like I mentioned the old hockey joke before, I once went to a fight, and a Stryper thread broke out.

Razz
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next