The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps

2 posters

Go down

A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps Empty A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:29 pm

This is not directed at any one person's comments, because I have seen lots of different people in forums and on Facebook ask why she types in all caps. This is also not to be reprimand, or trying to make anyone feel guilty, so please don't take it that way. This is merely some info on why she does it since a lot of people don't know. Heck, I hate it when people use all caps, and I am constantly telling them not to (especially at work), but in this case the offender deserves a pass Smile .

Keep her in your prayers...the poor woman has gone through a lot and is in need of it.

Directly from her via Facebook:

Barnabas / Fan page
February 16, 2014 · 

HI~ NJO HERE..I Thought, I'd Share my HEART with You this day. One Week Ago, I Lost My Rt. EYE to LIGHT SIGHT BLINDNESS. It had only been my Lt eye. life for this Past year has been difficult, and if you all don't mind..i really NEED to use LG CAPS, To See. Yet I was REBUKED on the JESUS MUSIC board..for "YELLING", THUS ..I FIGURE SINCE THIS IS THE "BARNABAS PG..& Im THE "SEMI TOP" AD MIN..ALTHOUGH IV'E GOT DAN MAN ON TOP OVER SEEING AND IN THE "BABY STEPS OF WHAT HE & I ARE BEGINNING TOGETHER..IT'S ALL GOOD TO WHAT EVER I DESIRE TO DO..AMEN. THIS STATED. ADJUSTED NOW TO A TOTALLY BLIND LIFE NOW..ALTHOUGH I HAVE VISION..I CAN TAKE ZERO LIGHT..WHAT IRONY(SP) IVE POSTED A VIDEO..IT'S ALREADY BELOW..I KNOW YOU BROS THINK ITS FOR G.U.R.L.S, BUT MY BRO'S, ITS WHAT KEEPS THIS WARRIOR SISTA GOING, WHEN I GROW SO WEARY..FOR I LIVE ALL ALONE..24/7, A WEEK, EVERY MONTH, EVERY YEAR, FOR THE LAST MANY, MANY YEARS..NO FAMILY, FRIENDS, NO PPLS, JUST DR.S, AND AN OCCASIONAL AIDE 3X'S A WEEK FOR 4 HRS A DAY. SO HERS NOT A GURLY VIDEO..I DARE U TO WATCH

Like · Comment · 

Back to top Go down

A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps Empty Re: A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps

Post by deathisgain Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 am

I wonder if there are settings on the computer, which would make it easier for her to read. I recently had a bad vision because of diabetes, and there is a function on the mac, which lets you zoom in on the screen. I had to use this at work, until I got some temporary glasses.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps Empty Re: A gentle reminder about why NancyJo of Barnabas types in all caps

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 am

There is a magnifying option for Windows under the accessibility settings.

Not sure if that would help her or not, I just always assumed someone close to her would have had her try it by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 am

You would likely be amazed to know how few folks know about computer settings.

For instance, one could simply change his computer's font size by getting into accessibility settings or browser options.

Perhaps you could let her know on her facebook?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:54 am

bodachi wrote:You would likely be amazed to know how few folks know about computer settings.

For instance, one could simply change his computer's font size by getting into accessibility settings or browser options.

Perhaps you could let her know on her facebook?

I am pretty sure that it is more than just that. I can say something to her on her page, but I think the main issue has to do with light.

I know she has issues with looking at the computer screen due to the light it puts off, and she can only handle a certain amount of it. I am betting she turns the brightness way down and therefore makes it hard to read unless it is in all caps. Even magnified, small case on a dark screen will be harder to read than caps.

But, who knows...maybe I am wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down