The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worldview Announcement

+15
GeorgeReneOchoa
arttieTHE1manparty
Kerrick
Drawnsword
bjorn agin
bigtreads
SirJahzeal
Temple of Blood
FreeRangeBeliever
Follower of Jesus
Pershing1134
Staybrite
deathisgain
metaldude
Galations6.7
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worldview Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Worldview Announcement

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:52 pm

FTR, if they don't release it for digital purchasing, then I wil buy the cd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:On the other hand, the costumer has the right to have its own opinion about the price, as he can choose to buy it or not. 

Absolutely.....
I just believe in being respectful to the bands and not going in a round-a-bout way to imply they are gouging their fans.

This is not directed at anyone in particular...not FoJ or anyone else...just a general statement about the fandom that I see in a lot of places where they talk Christian metal:

So many fans squawk and squawk about how come it takes so long for bands to put out new albums, and so many fans beg for this band or that band to get back together, but when it comes to supporting the bands it seems a lot of fans get miserly. Just look at some of the negativity towards pricing of products (remember Joshua's last cd when it first came out?), or the people complaining about bands doing Kickstarter, or people complaining about Stryper merchandising, or saying that they will just listen to it on Spotify instead of buying it.....etc etc...not to mention those that just illegally download it. 

It just seems like so many fans (again, general statement) throughout the fandom don't realize what a sacrifice it can be for bands to put out new music.

Yes, in-home recording is at an all time high in terms of ease and affordability.

That still doesn't mean it's free. The bands still have to buy the equipment, take time off from work/family obligations in a lot of cases, plus hire people to work on the production and mastering.

I have a lot of friends in the business, so I have seen what they go through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm

NOIH, I see what you mean. I actually understand that music is art, and the artist is allowed to sell for the price he guess it is fair. As for crowdfunding, it is the safest way for the bands to release new music and it is the fairest way as fans can make a balance of how much someone can pay and how much the fan are willing to pay for it. That is why these kinds of funding are becoming more and more popular.

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 am

I'm guessing this will eventually be available on Amazon? If so, I can wait and bundle it with something else I order from them. Even if the shipping isn't free I can probably use whatever credit card points I have to offset the shipping costs. It's all good. Very Happy
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:22 am

bjorn agin wrote:I'm guessing this will eventually be available on Amazon? If so, I can wait and bundle it with something else I order from them. Even if the shipping isn't free I can probably use whatever credit card points I have to offset the shipping costs. It's all good. Very Happy

It's already available for pre-order on Amazon. Unless you have Prime or buy $35 plus worth of stuff, it's $3.98 shipping. 

Which, btw, Amazon gets a discounted rate through the US Post Office due to their volume, and they buy their shipping boxes dirt cheap because of the massive amount they order at one time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Amazon shipping 1 CD to NZ is crazy $15USD which is $20NZD. Hopefully some seller will sell it for for 50c someday, ha it happens.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I was fully ready to pre-order the CD. Until I saw that it is $14.95 + $5.95 shipping! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! No way. I'll get it digitally for $9 or $10 when it's out. That's insane. They wonder why downloading is taking over the CD industry.

Honestly, being in a band and actually forking out to record, manufacture, and distribute CD's, I feel $14.95 is very acceptable. I've walked into multiple Christian music stores to find them at $12.99-$16.99 through out the states. So again, I find $14.95 acceptable. $5.95 might be a little high on the shipping. I probably would've charged $4.95 or maybe $3.95 at the lowest. $2.50 barely covers the actual shipping to the states. Packing materials, gas, and overall time is worth something. I know Amazon charges $3.99 and they buy materials huge quantities.

I don't buy a ton of CD's anymore, but if it's good (or more like, REALLY GOOD) I buy it and I'll pay. I'd rather pay $20.00 for a steak than $5 for a burger. But that's just me.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I was fully ready to pre-order the CD. Until I saw that it is $14.95 + $5.95 shipping! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! No way. I'll get it digitally for $9 or $10 when it's out. That's insane. They wonder why downloading is taking over the CD industry.

Honestly, being in a band and actually forking out to record, manufacture, and distribute CD's, I feel $14.95 is very acceptable. I've walked into multiple Christian music stores to find them at $12.99-$16.99 through out the states. So again, I find $14.95 acceptable. $5.95 might be a little high on the shipping. I probably would've charged $4.95 or maybe $3.95 at the lowest. $2.50 barely covers the actual shipping to the states. Packing materials, gas, and overall time is worth something. I know Amazon charges $3.99 and they buy materials huge quantities.

I don't buy a ton of CD's anymore, but if it's good (or more like, REALLY GOOD) I buy it and I'll pay. I'd rather pay $20.00 for a steak than $5 for a burger. But that's just me.

I just sent a CD within the US and it cost me $5.55 to do so.  That was with a little bubble-wrap envelope and standard/cheapest shipping.  For big distributors, $5.95 seems pricy too, though for individuals, that's about what it costs!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Excellent news!! Can't wait to get a copy.

I have no issue with any of the costs, personally. $5.95 is fairly common anymore.

Please keep it civil, everyone, agree or not. I don't think the cost of shipping g on a CD is worth getting too worked up over. Wink

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeReneOchoa Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Hmmmm!!!  I am sorry the "Follower of Jesus" feels that way.  I assure you all that Worldview does NOT mean to over charge anyone.  My wife and I are shipping these items out ourselves and we weren't too sure what to charge.  We looked up several other band sites and this seem to be the norm.  

I want to alert anyone and everyone that there is NO MONEY to be made in Christian metal.  It is such a small sliver of the pie overall.  In Worldview, we play music because we enjoy it and seek to do some good in this world.  Spreading the Gospel, encouraging believers, bringing people back from depression and suicide, etc.  It would be nice to get support from our fans and not criticism.  Please pray for us and support the band by buying the CD.  I personally have spent thousands of dollars and hours in producing this CD.  The other guys in the band have put out great efforts as well.  I will never get that money back but that's ok.  I hope you all are blessed by the record and I hope you enjoy listening to it.  Thanks for listening.

Last edited by GeorgeReneOchoa on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
GeorgeReneOchoa
GeorgeReneOchoa
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.worldviewmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:49 pm

GeorgeReneOchoa wrote:Hmmmm!!!  I am sorry the "Follower of Jesus" feels that way.  I assure you all that Worldview does mean to over charge anyone. 
So you admit it! Wink
My wife and I are shipping these items out ourselves and we weren't too sure what to charge.  We looked up several other band sites and this seem to be the norm.  

I want to alert anyone and everyone that there is NO MONEY to be made in Christian metal.  It is such a small sliver of the pie overall.  In Worldview, we play music because we enjoy it and seek to do some good in this world.  Spreading the Gospel, encouraging believers, bringing people back from depression and suicide, etc.  It would be nice to get support from our fans and not criticism.  Please pray for us and support the band by buying the CD.  I personally have spent thousands of dollars and hours in producing this CD.  The other guys in the band have put out great efforts as well.  I will never get that money back but that's ok.  I hope you all are blessed by the record and I hope you enjoy listening to it.  Thanks for listening.
The music sounds nice. I'll likely buy the CD soon.

You guys got to do some charity work up in the Bay Area. Wink That is play some shows...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:13 pm

GeorgeReneOchoa wrote:I want to alert anyone and everyone that there is NO MONEY to be made in Christian metal.  It is such a small sliver of the pie overall. 

This is not true. So far, I've made $5.43 from Christian metal. Granted, it all came from George. Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Oh you be quiet Robert!  How long have I been pleading with you to release some tunes and take my money?!?  Razz afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:38 am

Lol...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:00 am

I can't wait to get this CD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Man! The things I miss when I quit visiting this site. Grrrr
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 am

those that are all bent over a few extra bucks shipping in the U.S. ought to try being Canadian and  order something from the USA. Those guys in brown charged me an extra 35$ on top of their "shipping" amount due to "brokerage fees" on a 19$ t-shirt - 75 bucks by the time it was here.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exact33 Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:02 pm

mine is pre-ordered.
exact33
exact33
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:02 pm

It was nice to hear the motives of this project from George Uchoa. Then I guessed it wouldn't hurt me to pre-order an autographed cd and a t-shirt, as well.

I enjoy supporting a few projects in christian metal as I was helped many times by the message contained in many of my favorites bands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2