The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage...

+2
deathisgain
Soldier777
6 posters

Go down

Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage... Empty Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage...

Post by Soldier777 Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 am

Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage... Empty Re: Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage...

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 8:14 pm

This was really nice... Thanks for sharing it. Any video with Joshua Perahia playing live is hard to find.

But was it just me or the Ken Tamplin microphone was louder than Jeff Fenholt microphone?
Tamplin's voice is very unique anx I could hear it clearer than Jeff's voice.

Back to top Go down

Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage... Empty Re: Recently posted Joshua Perahia video...Surrender Love concert footage...

Post by deathisgain Fri May 29, 2015 10:17 pm

The music wasn't live, that was a recorded track. I didn't think I saw Jeff Fenholt or Ken Tamplin in that.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Fri May 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Thats Tamplin on rhythm guitar and vocals

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat May 30, 2015 7:46 am

...still my favorite Joshua track...
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:02 am

I am pretty sure I've seen Ken Tamplin on this video. I am not familiar with Fenholt's face, though.

But it is true, I doesn't look like a live version, even though it was very well assembled with the video. All I can say is that this is not the version released on the album. In fact, it looks to be a demo version with Ken Tamplin on vocals.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat May 30, 2015 11:53 am

It's definitely sounds like Tamplin on vocals. It's hard to tell in the video, but it doesn't look like him to me.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat May 30, 2015 4:00 pm

I agree that it sounds like Tamplin doing lead vocals...but the dark haired guy singing lead is not Ken Tamplin (it doesn't really look like Jeff Fenholt either).  But the the other guy in the video playing guitar and singing back-up vocals certainly looks like a young Ken Tamplin.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat May 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Here is a 2001 version of Jeff singing with Joshua. The sound isn't that good, but Jeff seems to be doing a good job.

deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat May 30, 2015 6:44 pm

That is Ken Tamplin on back up vocals and rhythm guitar. He contributed on Surrender and the Hand is Quicker Than the Eye albums. On the Surrender album, bass is Loren Robinson and Joe Galletta on drums. Ken left Joshua after the Surrender album and formed Shout with Loren and Joe. Guitarist Chuck King left Idle Cure to join Shout as well.

The backing track Is taken from the original 1985 grey band photo album and Joshua Perahia was not happy with the album and was rerecorded in 1991/92 for Ocean/Word which is the burgundy version. Here is the story behind it:

"... in 1992, Freddie Piro, the producer of many fine bands and owner of Ocean Studios contacted me, and made an offer I couldn't refuse. He loved the album "Surrender", and wanted to release it on WORD records. He got a very good budget offer from WORD records, and asked if I would like to come to his studio, and re record many parts of the album, to update it. This was more than a great idea because the money they were offering would totally improve the album that was initially recorded at a very low budget. I wanted to have the vocals removed from the 1985 version of LOVESHOCK, because Jeff Fenholt did not sing that one song, and it needed a much more professional vocalist to bring it up to Jeff Fenholt's incredible vocal power. Jeff was not able to sing that song because he was tied up with Tony Iommi's new album. That album became another Black Sabbath album called Seventh Star. Vocalist Robin Basauri came to the studio to sing it, and sing a bonus track called "Show Me The Way to Your Heart. I also came in with 15 other singers for background vocals. Many of these singers were from churches in the area, and old friends. As for lead guitars, I did change and add some solo's, because of the extra time factor to work peacefully in a great environment. The studio is state of the art, with a large room for big amplifier rigs like mine. I added more "hammer on riffs" in songs like "Back to the Rock". I added a solo at the beginning of "Rockin' The World". I also added a new main solo to that song that meets up with the break down in the middle of the song when Jeff Fenholt rips his awesome style, "I hear a Light in the Distance". Throughout the album I added faster and slower solo's because of the great opportunity to bring some live feels we had played on stages around the world. I really wanted to fatten up the rhythm guitars also, so I did. There were a few places throughout the album that needed some different bass guitar parts to match new drum parts, so I played the bass there too. Drums were added by a great friend of mine Joey Tafoya. He is blessed at double kick drum style. There was just a little of everything added and a better mix, that completely changed "Surrender" for me. I never liked the Simmons electronic drums that were put on the original album. It was a pleasure to remove them all. The only tracks that remain to this day are the lead vocal tracks of Jeff Fenholt."

I have the burgundy Ocean/Word version. There are 3 remastered versions based on the Ocean/Word rerecording: one with a blue cover with the band name and album title, one with Joshua standing in front of a fighter jet and the one with a painting that is available on Joshua Perahia's website.

To me Surrender has that Whitesnake/Dokken feel to it.

Actually, it seems like Joshua Perahia was having trouble keeping consistent members. Rob Rock left Joshua and formed Driver around 1989 with former Joshua Intense Defense members Greg Shultz - keys, back-vocal and Emil Lech Brando - bass guitar. Ken Tamplin formed Shout with former Joshua members and Rob Rock did the same with Driver.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

I got the version of his website, as well. Great art cover, by the way.
And I didn't remember that the album was almist totally redone. That's why it sounds so different from the video. The Robin Basauri voice sounds amazing on the last two tracks. I will revisit this album later this day.

Refarding the bands changes, I don't know what was going on with Joshua, but each one of their albums had a completely different line-up. From The Hand is quicker than the eye to Surrender, the entire band departed. Oficially, it was because of Joshua conversion to the christian faith and the direction that the band was taking. But as it happened twice im the next following years, my guess is that Joshua might be a dificult person to work with.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Sun May 31, 2015 9:26 am

That is most definitely Ken Tamplin's voice in the clip. It's obviously overdubbed and not live at all. No idea who the singer is in the clip but he looks familiar. 

I also have the burgundy Surrender. This version in the clip must be an early demo or outtake with Tamplin on vocals.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun May 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Has anybody asked Ken or Joshua who the lead singer in the video is?
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down