The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve!

+4
d@v!d
sentient 6
Metal15
messiaen77
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Driscoll would NOT approve!

Post by messiaen77 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:06 pm

I saw this on a blog and agreed with the blogger that this is just a bizarre meme and was apparently created by a group who share Driscoll's preference for the ass-kicking prize fighter Jesus of Revelation over the meek and mild, loving and compassionate Jesus of the Gospels.  The meme is apparently intended to show just how ridiculous it is to accept the latter image as being the real Jesus by putting these words with a picture of Mr. "meek and mild" Rogers.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Driscoll would NOT approve!

Post by Candlemass Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 am

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 am

messiaen77 wrote:I saw this on a blog and agreed with the blogger that this is just a bizarre meme and was apparently created by a group who share Driscoll's preference for the ass-kicking prize fighter Jesus of Revelation over the meek and mild, loving and compassionate Jesus of the Gospels.  The meme is apparently intended to show just how ridiculous it is to accept the latter image as being the real Jesus by putting these words with a picture of Mr. "meek and mild" Rogers.

I see your point, and I agree.

I wouldn't describe Jesus as an "ass-kicking prize fighter". 2 Peter 3:9 tells us about the Lord and about His great patience and love towards us.
His anger is different from our anger. He does not lose his temper and froth at the mouth like we do as humans.

I do think that Mister Rogers is a good example of patience and love. He is a good role model for children, and I think it's a shame that there are not more people like him.

Seriously...How can you not love Mister Rogers? (not you personally, M77, but I'm just saying)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:53 am

Here is an episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood where he deals with the subject of death.

The subject of death is a subject that is very hard for children to understand. It's sometimes a hard subject for grown adults to understand also.

The patience, love and compassion that Mister Rogers has for others really comes through in this episode when he deals with this serious subject. Enjoy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:22 am

Neal Morse Code wrote:I've really been convicted today to pray for MD.  I'm glad he's out of power now ("Invasion of the Pulpit Masters," anybody?)...but I'm sure those formerly in submission to him would agree.
That's good. I tend to have little pity for people like him. It would be wonderful if he repented and renounced his evil ways.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:26 am

messiaen77 wrote:I saw this on a blog and agreed with the blogger that this is just a bizarre meme and was apparently created by a group who share Driscoll's preference for the ass-kicking prize fighter Jesus of Revelation over the meek and mild, loving and compassionate Jesus of the Gospels.  The meme is apparently intended to show just how ridiculous it is to accept the latter image as being the real Jesus by putting these words with a picture of Mr. "meek and mild" Rogers.
Thanks for the interp finally!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 am

d@v!d wrote:
Neal Morse Code wrote:I've really been convicted today to pray for MD.  I'm glad he's out of power now ("Invasion of the Pulpit Masters," anybody?)...but I'm sure those formerly in submission to him would agree.
That's good. I tend to have little pity for people like him. It would be wonderful if he repented and renounced his evil ways.

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShu2NOqTmg63aBqgWoUuuEWEbS1VndRHbikzLFMpee_Lq2xIc5
What do you do with the mad that you feel, d@v!d?

Ha!

Seriously though...This is something I thought of when I read your post.

God is willing that ALL people to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), and he is very patient with them.

So what do you do with the mad that you feel when you see that people are not repenting?

Do you get mad at them personally and say "I have no pity for them"?

Do you become grumpy towards them and turn them away?

Do you focus more on "sounding the alarm" to others more than you do on praying?

Do you think it's the right thing to do to get mad at them personally and turn them away?

Do you think you are doing God's work when you do these things?

Do you think it makes God happy?

These are some good questions for anyone to consider. I think about these questions myself at times.

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZqNS_21gBIpOpc0sQrKqNe_nME7pszQf8YtKnMJvTCEF0xChH

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:45 am

To be clear:

My earlier post about how this was a better thread because of the lack of arguing, that wasn't a challenge.

sentient, I did listen to Driscoll for a short time about 6 or so years ago.  He certainly wasn't bad, but more just wasn't for me.  In part because he was just too long, I liked to listen to a full message in a 3 mile run, and his were WAY past that.  Also, for what it's worth, I'm an Andy Stanley/Craig Groeschel/Stephen Furtick/Perry Noble guy, so Driscoll might really split the middle between those guys and Sproul etc..  I have enjoyed some of his books, specifically Confessions of a Reformission Reverend and one other with a somewhat similar title that escapes me at the moment.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:18 am

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Z

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 82e8a689fe8ad62b670f8a6517e210d3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 am

Candlemass wrote:Jesus doesn't need us to be brute beasts...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Simple-Faith-Mister-Rogers/dp/0849918944

Cool! Thanks for sharing, that's interesting. Looks like something I would read.

I have this DVD...it's a good documentary film.
Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 51M9BHMK7BL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Mister Rogers talks with parents about discipline.

At the beginning of this video, Mister Rogers asks a child "Do you think it's hard to talk about discipline?"

The child responds "Yeah...I think so." 

Mister Rogers follows up by saying "I wonder why it's so hard to talk about."

The child responds "Maybe you don't like it...you know?"

I think this can be an adults view of discipline also. They just don't like it.

Sure...discipline can be hard to talk about at times, but it really shouldn't be.

Perhaps Mister Rogers can teach us about discipline. Enjoy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Mister Rogers Visits The Incredible Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Mortal wrote:

So what do you do with the mad that you feel when you see that people are not repenting?

Do you get mad at them personally and say "I have no pity for them"?

Do you become grumpy towards them and turn them away?

Do you focus more on "sounding the alarm" to others more than you do on praying?

While I don't think anyone has done what you are implying here, Paul was quite harsh with false teachers and people in willful, continuous sin..

For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.

19 holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, 20 among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Discipline has two uses in the Church. One, it is pull out the corrupting influence of the persons sin or doctrine. And two, there is a hope that the person will repent and turn from those things. And then, come back into fellowship or actually come too true salvation ( if they are not truly born again ).
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:31 pm

sentient 6 wrote:While I don't think anyone has done what you are implying here,

Yes they have...I stated that I myself think about these things at times. I would be part of "anyone".

The original question was "What do we do with the mad that we feel when we see people not repenting?"

I think there are times when folks do get mad when they see that someone is not repenting when they want them to.

sentient 6 wrote:Paul was quite harsh with false teachers and people in willful, continuous sin..

For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.

19 holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, 20 among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Do you think this was harsh?

It is stated in those verses that these things were done "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord" and that "they may learn not to blaspheme".

So..What does that tell you?

It tells me that it is not harsh....but rather that it is done out of love.

Paul certainly was not teaching others to treat them with disrespect.

sentient 6 wrote:Discipline has two uses in the Church. One, it is pull out the corrupting influence of the persons sin or doctrine. And two, there is a hope that the person will repent and turn from those things. And then, come back into fellowship or actually come too true salvation ( if they are not truly born again ).

There's a huge difference between man's religious "chuch discipline" and true Church Discipline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Mark Driscoll would NOT approve! - Page 2 Z
LA LA LA
LA LA
LA LAAAAA!!

I love Mr. McFeely's little solo in the "Sing Together" remix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2