The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A church by day, night club by night!

4 posters

Go down

A church by day, night club by night! Empty A church by day, night club by night!

Post by MikeInFla Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:07 am

This guy beats all I have ever seen. Marcus Bishop recently had charges dropped against him for abusing a 16 year old back in Sept:

n Sept. 11, Bishop allegedly provided the minor with marijuana in an attempt to intoxicate her before professing his love and kissing her against her will, according to his arrest affidavit. The two were at Bishop’s home alone when he offered marijuana to the minor before suggesting they go swimming, investigators with the Bay County Sheriff’s Office reported.

“The victim/child said she was extremely ‘high’ but agreed,” their report stated.

According to police reports, the minor became uncomfortable with Bishop’s advances in the hot tub and exited, so he suggested they get in the pool. After moving from the hot tub to the pool, Bishop took a flotation device from the minor and placed his hands on her lower back, guiding her around the pool, investigators reported.

Here is is former "parsonage" valued at over 2 million dollars.

A church by day, night club by night! Markus-bishop-home

Someone at work used to go to his church (the church is gone now) and all he ever did was ask for money.

Now he has opened a "Taberbacle Night Club". Complete with ATM outside! This was posted by our Sheriff:

https://www.facebook.com/NEWS7/posts/10152705951024856
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

A church by day, night club by night! Empty Re: A church by day, night club by night!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:22 am

Back to top Go down

A church by day, night club by night! Empty Re: A church by day, night club by night!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:57 am

I watched the video in the original post.

Here is a quote from Markus Bishop, taken from that video.

"Honey, we're not going to be able to reach this new generation with a sock puppet and a flannel board.

We're going to have to have some multi-million dollar special effect movies. We're going to have to have things that rival Steven Spielberg's best.

Glory be to God!

We're going to have to have things that absolutely SHOCK people as they watch them.

And yet as they captivate their attention, the anointing gets in their spirit and they get born again.

But, honey, it's going to take some money."

Ok...I'll just stop there.

This is the type of sermon that gets applauded by certain people. They will shout out "Hallelujah!" and "Amen!"

This is absolutely ridiculous. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

It doesn't take multi-million dollar movies with special effects to reach the lost.

It takes Christ.

Maybe if this guy would teach the Word instead of seeming like a sock puppet himself, maybe he'd reach more people.

Oh....and the way he shouted out "Glory be to God!" sounds like blasphemy.

He doesn't seem to be praising the God of the Bible, but rather his own made up/false idea of God.

Money seems to be his god.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 am

The latest:

PANAMA CITY BEACH — A local church that has been hosting naked paint parties and slumber-party Sundays with the “sexiest ladies on the beach” will now have to pay taxes on the property as officers investigate the church’s practices, authorities said Tuesday.

The Life Center: A Spiritual Community, 9721 Thomas Drive, has been up and running its seven-days-a-week party schedule as Amesia: The Tabernacle since Feb. 28. But The Tabernacle, which caters to college students on vacation, has caught the attention of more than just party-seeking spring breakers.

Since ATMs and a banner promoting “iDrink” appeared out front of The Life Center, the Bay County Sheriff’s Office and Panama City Beach Police Department investigators have began taking a closer look at the church. Owned by Markus Q. Bishop, former pastor of Faith Christian Family Church, officials said the club has been engaging in activities unbefitting of a church.

Bishop could not be reached Tuesday for a comment on this story.

A sign on the front of The Tabernacle stated the events are alcohol and drug free and donations go back to the church. Promoters said it is a church by day and youth ministry by night.

Sheriff Frank McKeithen said it is a “blatant slap in the face” to taxpayers and law enforcement.

“They’re trying to get around the laws, and they’re using the church to get there,” McKeithen said.

ince a Facebook post from BCSO questioned the integrity of the club, highlighting that the club often hosts adult entertainment, Club Amnesia has shut down its website. However, when the website was available, it boasted a Sunday night event called “Slumber,” a pajama and lingerie party hosted by “the sexiest ladies on the beach.” Raves take place weekly along with an “Anything But Clothes” paint party. And Wednesday nights are reserved for an event called “Wet n Wild,” a water-themed event where “white water meets Tabernacle PCB with a little twerkin’,” the website stated.

“I’ve been in a lot of nightclubs and I’ve been in a lot of churches,” said PCBPD Chief Drew Whitman. “That isn’t a church.”

Patrons are charged $20 at the door, which is called a donation. And T-shirts depicting stick figures performing oral sex on one another and the text “I hate being sober” adorn the walls.

Whitman and McKeithen said it is not the nature of the events that has piqued their attention. Several similar events are hosted at clubs just east of Club Amnesia. However, the business does not have alcohol permits or appropriate licenses, is zoned as a church and has been tax-exempt as a church for years, McKeithen said.

Property Appraiser Dan Sowell sided with law enforcement. He said the lot had been tax exempt as a church until word spread about the activities being held within. The property’s tax-exempt status was changed Tuesday morning.

“A bottle club, charging $20 at the door and selling obscene T-shirts is not being used as a church,” Sowell said. “A God-fearing, God-honoring church in January does not sponsor this type of debauchery in March.”

Amnesia’s website reopened Tuesday night with a disclaimer attached.

“The Tabernacle is a drug and alcohol free community for the youth to go for spring break at night to interact with each other in a fun safe environment,” the website now states. “iDrink sponsors this community reach out program with their non-alcoholic bottled water product only. We thank all of our patrons that have attended and will be attending our safe environment.”

The site includes an application sheet to become an “ambassador” of The Tabernacle and “help get the word out about our safe place to go instead of wondering the strip.”

This is not the first time Bishop has faced scrutiny from county tax officials. In 2004, he challenged a property tax assessment on his the 10,000 square-foot, five-bedroom, six-bathroom home he lived in, saying the mansion was a parsonage and should be tax exempt. A string of rulings over years went in favor of Bishop.

Sowell said he also has changed the tax exempt status of that property.

Bishop is currently on probation after pleading to a misdemeanor battery charge that surfaced after a 16-year-old girl said he made unwanted sexual advances toward her.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 am

Someone pass me the sick-bag, please. Rolling Eyes

Y'know, this guy's name reminded me of an Oh, Sleeper song... Now I wonder. scratch

HIS NAME WAS BISHOP

With the dawn brings vision of the crawling field.
Riddled with vain attempts. All in a corpse, so familiar but not my own.
This is the difference, between you and I. We are the captive fighters.
But cuffs must hold stronger. Stronger than skin.
Oh, but until the drops number the floor I'll pull.
Cause I saw the gates, I saw the gates.
And they're guarded by a greedy shield and the most carnal of edge.
This is the difference. You've left on your own, so forlorn.
What have you done?!
You've traded the chains, and bought yourself a new crown.
Now there are no bars! Now there are no bars!
When lips reveal the knives a victim from light, becomes feed for the parched.
Bishop, you're as far from the cloth as the dogs.
And we share that familiar thirst.
Bishop, mouths wet with the thought of meat, to tear and taste.
But will it quench? Because it never does.
Oh our crest is the same, but it's a lie when you wear it. It's a lie!
For the chain and the drops lure.
And you, the captive fighter, with victory off your tongue.
Thats what you did when you made your own crown. That's what you did!
When the weak looked up to you! But you wore your own crown.
You fraud! Light the pyre! A fraud has been found!
Let it be known, this war will not be won without fire, without loss, or without a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 am

Kent Hovind's in jail yet this guy walks.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:50 am

Adam wrote:
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:18 pm

What about churches that are churches by day, and nightclubs by DAY also? Maybe not so much to the extreme as the original example, but a little more disguised.

Alot of those seem to be popping up, and they're not really any better, are they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Here's an example of what I mean...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't mean to sound partial to the host of these videos, I'm certainly not, but he does make some good points here.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Mortal.....why you starting up trouble ? Just Joking
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:55 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Mortal.....why you starting up trouble ? Just Joking

Laughing Ha! Not really trying to start trouble. I know this is a hot topic, though.

We were talking about "night club" activity going on in churches, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm

I just don't see the point in trying to turn worship service into a heavy metal version of American Idol...

...or a "whatever style of music" version of American Idol.

I've been to churches like this where the focus is more on fashion than faith.

It seems to me like they are trying too hard to look like Christians, but not doing the things they need to do to BE Christians.

Am I being "legalistic"? Perhaps I am.

I feel that they are doing things in the church that they should be doing in their every day fellowship.

And I don't feel like worship service should be used to make up for that lost time.

Just because a church may have a stage, good sound equipment, and cool instruments, doesn't mean it's an open mic time free for all for people to play American Idol.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Mortal wrote:I just don't see the point in trying to turn worship service into a heavy metal version of American Idol...

...or a "whatever style of music" version of American Idol.

I've been to churches like this where the focus is more on fashion than faith.

It seems to me like they are trying too hard to look like Christians, but not doing the things they need to do to BE Christians.

Am I being "legalistic"? Perhaps I am.

I feel that they are doing things in the church that they should be doing in their every day fellowship.

And I don't feel like worship service should be used to make up for that lost time.

Just because a church may have a stage, good sound equipment, and cool instruments, doesn't mean it's an open mic time free for all for people to play American Idol.

I have a pretty strong opinion about this, but given how people are feeling around here, I will just keep that to myself. But I agree with some of your thoughts here.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes...I see what you mean also. I know it's a hot topic that some folks try to avoid.

It's a sad thing that some folks are more concerned with the respect YOU show THEM, rather than the respect that we BOTH are to be showing God.

What about respect for Him? Has it taken a back seat to make room for our own selfish desires?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:06 pm

I would argue that respecting each other IS respecting of God.  

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:I would argue that respecting each other IS respecting of God.  

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

I agree with this also.

Some folks don't even try to reconcile things with others. It then turns into resentment, anger, and bunch of other negative emotions.

I think we are fooling ourselves if we don't think those negative emotions can come out through music.

That music, and those negative emotions, even makes their way to the pulpit at times. Too many times, it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Mortal wrote:What about respect for Him? Has it taken a back seat to make room for our own selfish desires?

I agree. Also, worship should be 100% God centered as opposed to man-centered. There should not even be the attitude that worship is about what makes is " feel good " or entertains us. It should lead us to reflect on, and be in awe of, the nature and works of God - reflection on the person and work of Christ.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 pm

"American Idolized" churches don't seem to like the "Simon Cowell" type.
A church by day, night club by night! Z
A church by day, night club by night! Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down