The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?

+7
messiaen77
Kerrick
deathisgain
Friday13th
Candlemass
lhversaw
Ted Kirkpatrick
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Airola wrote:
lhversaw wrote:I do freely admit I have only heard 2  30 second samples on itunes BUT have also stated that after reading the lyrical topics I DON'T DESIRE TO HEAR MORE AND BE BEAT OVER THE HEAD BY ANOTHER PETA ALBUM. 

Wow. Two 30 second samples. And you have boldly claimed that this album is ROCK and not METAL.

I checked out iTunes, and if you have heard the Gabbie Rae song, you have heard either Let the Wild Just Be Wild or Cage 23.
Cage 23 sure is a mellow song. I'm not much into it musically as it's pure pop rock, nothing more nothing less.

Let the Wild Just Be Wild, however, is a HEAVY song! The sample on iTunes has probably the most mellow part in the whole album, so judging the song - or the whole album - based on that 30 second snippet, is not the wisest thing to do.

What comes to you not wanting to "be beat over the head by another PETA album", well, do you think that every single song in this album is accusing of you doing something bad? I mean, there is a song that addresses the problem of having DOG FIGHTS where dogs are put to fight each other until death for the sake of entertainment and money. I'm 99% positive that dealing with that hasn't got anything to do with you and your lifestyle. So what puts you off listening to that song? It's not a fast song but it's really heavy. Not "just rock" by any means.

You can listen it here for free:
http://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/the-slave-ring-featuring-mattie-montgomery-nick-villars-and-chris-poland
There is no danger for you to hear those songs that you find offensive for you. There is no danger for you to read the lyrics you find offensive for you. It's just that song and nothing else. That song does not say you should not eat animals. It even refers to dogs as "man's best friend" so it doesn't say you can't keep pets (which was an odd claim from you to begin with, as Ted himself has pet animals - and the song Cage 23 even encourages you to get a pet).

And perhaps for curiosity you'd like to hear the one song off the album that has thrash metal beat:
http://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/drowning-in-air-featuring-blake-suddath-nick-villars-and-tony-palacios
Now, maybe the lyrics in this song offend you, maybe not. It's about excessive mass fishing, and polluting the ocean. If that's a dealbreaker, then I'm sorry. If it's not, then check it out.
Well I also have friends who bought the album thinking it a Tourniquet album and I mean a TRUE Tourniquet album, since Ted slapped the logo under his name and changed it from a solo to band album which again is a joke as Aaron and Luke play almost no part in it.  These friends flat out said 1. IT IS PURELY A SOLO ALBUM WITH THE TOURNIQUET LOGO ON IT AND IT NOT TOURNIQUET THRASH METAL. 2. they said it was flat out garbage.  Now I am sorry but I will trust my eyes for the lyrical content, my ears for the itunes samples, and only 2 combined with the lyrical content was enough for me to see through the charade of this album, and I will trust my friends who have bought it for their judgement on the rest of it.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:06 pm

lhversaw wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:Am I going to have to post the music video from Frozen?
Yes PLEASE DO.

I go on and on and on for this reason so please try to understand.  

1. we were told one thing and then told another and deceived on it.
2. I immediately get attacked on the topic about this and that and oh by the way just go waste your money on something that lyrically you won't like and musicaly that supposedly doesn't sound just like that samples I heard did sound like.  
3. A flat out lie is told making claims about what animals do and don't do and anyone who watched animals in person, at the zoo, in their backyard or even on discover and other animal channels and show can see with their own eyes that they DO indeed do.
4. people keep taking the whole topic away from what is the whole point and making out like Ted is being attacked when it is the album and the way it was billed as that is what is being called out.

I have ears and I know music and when I hear a sample and it isn't what I like and I know that is sounds like something else by said artist that I also don't like I get confused and frustrated that it is suddenly called something else and that I get told that what I heard isn't what I heard.  I get told to go hear the whole thing and THEN decide.  Well if it weren't for the lyrical content I read maybe I would try to hear more.  But at this point why?  It boils down to 2 itunes samples and reading lyrics and that was all I needed to see this for what it is and I am quite frankly insulted that people try to convince me otherwise and even attack me over it and then more or less beg, or demand depending on how you look at it, to spend my money to hear the whole thing when I can already see based on what I have heard, read and been told that I would just be wasting my money.  It also pains me to see people get deceived by the artist and told one thing then get slipped a micky so to speak.

THAT is why I go on and on and on.

Now I ask for 2 things ONLY.  

1. PLEASE CLOSE ALL TOURNIQUET ARGUEMENT THREADS  IT IS A DEAD HORSE TED RUINING TOURNIQUET FOR HIS FANS AND THESE THREADS PROVE IT.

2.  TED YOU ARE RUINING TOURNIQUET FOR YOUR TOURNIQUET FANS DON'T MIX GREAT WITH BAD AND RUIN BOTH KEEP THEM SEPARATE OR THEY BOTH GO AWAY DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN.

No one deceived you at all. I won't say anymore because I will probably get banned if I expressed what I really felt.

In the meantime...

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Dude, I would understand your frustration about "deceivement" had the album been said to be a Tourniquet project and then changed into a Ted Kirkpatrick project, after people had already backed it on Kickstarter.

Now it was a Ted Kirkpatrick project, and people backed that fully well knowing what the lyrical theme was going to be. So, at least for them the lyrics weren't the issue, and the change into the "Tourniquet/Kirkpatrick" name didn't bother them one bit. Also, the name change was announced way before the album was released.

And also, purely musically, it doesn't matter if the rest of the group weren't much part of the album. You remember Where Moth And Rust Destroy? Ted wrote ALL of the music in that album and played ALL of the rhythm guitars, while the solos were played by Marty Friedman and Bruce Franklin. Yeah, Luke sang on that album, but you can't claim that musically OTF is something that doesn't fit into Tourniquet at all. OTF even has a remake of a classic Tourniquet track in it.

I think you are letting your antipathy towards the "peta stuff" affect on other things too. It's one thing to criticize things, but when the subject you don't like makes you trash on completely irrelevant things too, then I think that perhaps the antipathy has taken too strong hold of you. I have a brother who has this kind of a problem with things. There are certain things that makes him tick BADLY, and he ends up spreading the hate on unrelated things too. It has not been healthy for him and I'm afraid it's not healthy for you either. Well, I could be wrong though. Maybe you are not really that angry what it looks like.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Don't have ONWARD TO FREEDOM yet?  - Page 3 Ioww7

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3