The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One

Go down

Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One Empty Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One

Post by veilofdisdain Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Here's another new song from my newest project, In Darkest Dreams​.  If there are any old-school fans of Obliteration and Death List out there, you'll appreciate this one.  ;-)

In Darkest Dreams - "Demon Seed"

veilofdisdain
veilofdisdain
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One Empty Re: Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:04 am

Not familiar with Obliteration or Death List, but this is pretty cool!

Back to top Go down

Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One Empty Re: Fans of Obliteration and Death List Will Appreciate This One

Post by veilofdisdain Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:21 am

Thanks, man!  Glad you like it!  :-)

Obliteration and Death List are essentially the same band that Kevin Tubby (from Broken Flesh) and I were in back in the late 90's.  The band started with a complete lineup in 1997.  As Obliteration, I was the vocalist and Kevin was one of the guitarists.  We released a demo called "Dying Age" which was featured on the "Chords of the Grave" compilation that was released by Cross Rhythms Music (later known as Blastbeats Music).  At one point, I left the band, and they changed the name to Death List and Kevin took over on vocals in addition to playing guitar.  They released a full-length called "Severed".  Shortly after releasing that album, I later rejoined the band.  The band broken up in 1999.  Our last show was with Embodyment (when they were still brutal... if you're not familiar with Embodyment, they're basically the original incarnation of The Famine) in the DFW area in November or December of 1998.  Officially disbanded in January or February of 1999.  I would later rejoin Kevin in Broken Flesh during the "Stripped, Stabbed, and Crucified" era in 2010 and was with them until 2012.

The reason I said fans of Oblit/DL would appreciate it is because the first 24 seconds (once the heavy part starts) is from the song "Scalped" from Death List.  We also play one more refrain of it at the very end of the song to close it out as well.  ;-)
veilofdisdain
veilofdisdain
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down