The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists

5 posters

Go down

100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists Empty 100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists

Post by nairtoons Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:55 am

nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists Empty Re: 100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists

Post by metaldude Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Sounds like they used the first 100 names they could find. I've listened to both Overkill and Pantera for years, but I'll never accuse either of having a great vocalist.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists Empty Re: 100 Greatest High Pitched Rock Vocalists and Metal Vocalists

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Air Raid Siren's at 42? What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Russel Allen?  Really?  The guy is one of my favorite vocalists, and yeah, he can hit those high notes, but that's not really what he's known for.

Robert Plant only at #50?  Wow.   scratch

Nice to see Michael Sweet ranked highly though.  I'm not much of Stryper fan, but I do think highly of his singing.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm a big fan of high pitched male vocals, so this list greatly interests me.  Like most top whatever lists it has it's shortcomings, but also exposes some obscure, talented singers like Tony Moore of Riot and Ski. 

Like Russel Allen, the inclusion of Matt Barlow leaves me scratching my head somewhat as he has a pretty deep voice, but does have range and reaches that upper end for emphasis every now and then.

Midnight of Crimson Glory is missing entirely from the list which is pretty much a grand larceny move.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

No Barry Gibb?  Baffling.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Never heard of the site before..

Is their opinion supposed to be well regarded (rephrased it to avoid misunderstandings..lol)? 
Are they well known in the music scene?

Not trying to be smart, I just don't know who they are, and every Tom, Dick and Harry website or blog puts out their own lists...so it's a genuine question.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Air Raid Siren's at 42? What?

Evil or Very Mad Angry Slap Mad 1 Monkey Biz Grrrr face palm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down