The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four Star Revival

+13
Benny4SR
Bill Roxx
sentient 6
inchrist214
Jessrox
Galations6.7
deathisgain
Staybrite
Candlemass
d@v!d
alldatndensum
Kerrick
My Awesome Timothy
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Four Star Revival - Page 2 Empty Re: Four Star Revival

Post by deathisgain Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:
Candlemass wrote:I just gave it a passing glance and liked what I heard, didn't hear anything in the production that would cause me not to buy it, certainly nothing like "The Sacrificed" last lp!

AGAIN, like I said "I don't like vocals getting lost in the mix (ahem,..... not that it hasn't happened on anything I've been a part of,... but I definitely wouldn't have let it fly if I could've helped it)." I've acknowledge it, I've also acknowledged it to my band mates (to some of their displeasure), and again If I had ANY control over it,... then it wouldn't have happened. It is by far the biggest criticism of that record amongst magazines, online zines, and my peers. Hopefully someday it can be remixed and remastered.

As for Jack (whom by the way is a great guy and singer) and company, I stand by MY opinion.

I agree. I think the guitars might have been a tad too loud, and drowned out the singer, whoc sounds pretty good. All that being said, it's not a deal breaker. I wouldn't kick it out bed for eating crackers.

Now, here is a band that sounds good in the mix http://www.reverbnation.com/shadesofcrimson/song/4524613-nightfall Wink

Remember, you can always turn down the bassist, they are not that important. Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:
Candlemass wrote:I just gave it a passing glance and liked what I heard, didn't hear anything in the production that would cause me not to buy it, certainly nothing like "The Sacrificed" last lp!

AGAIN, like I said "I don't like vocals getting lost in the mix (ahem,..... not that it hasn't happened on anything I've been a part of,... but I definitely wouldn't have let it fly if I could've helped it)." I've acknowledge it, I've also acknowledged it to my band mates (to some of their displeasure), and again If I had ANY control over it,... then it wouldn't have happened. It is by far the biggest criticism of that record amongst magazines, online zines, and my peers. Hopefully someday it can be remixed and remastered.

As for Jack (whom by the way is a great guy and singer) and company, I stand by MY opinion.
Whatever dood, just giving my opinion as well...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 pm

deathisgain wrote:Now, here is a band that sounds good in the mix http://www.reverbnation.com/shadesofcrimson/song/4524613-nightfall Wink
Like honey to the pooh.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:41 pm

d@v!d wrote:
deathisgain wrote:Now, here is a band that sounds good in the mix http://www.reverbnation.com/shadesofcrimson/song/4524613-nightfall Wink
Like honey to the pooh.
Embarassed You said "pooh"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Just received my cd yesterday. Well....people get your big boy pants on....because this is one seriously kick ass rocking album! I absolutely love it! Lets say if you take a dash of Dio, a dash of Barren cross, a dash of Judas Priest a smidge of Ozzy and pinch of Stryper stir it up and out comes FOUR STAR REVIVAL! This cd has NO scent of 80s cheese whatsoever! No ''core'' No ''Nu'' No ''Death'' No ''thrash'' The Singer is world class! love the guitar tone, tasty super solid riffs! Tight heavy, smooth  leads. Thick, warm, solid bass tone, excellent time keeping, stellar drumming. This has not left my cd player in my truck and it is going to be in there for a long long time. I like every single song on this album. Do yourself a favor and pick this up! There are four stars in this band and they are bringing revival to the ''christian metal realm'' Four stars make up this band....but trust me this is a FIVE STAR EFFORT! This album is so good the jewel case is already broke and has made its way to the floor board of my truck! The cd is safe and sound and on repeat in the deck! Stoked about this band! KILLER!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Jessrox wrote:Just received my cd yesterday. Well....people get your big boy pants on....because this is one seriously kick ass rocking album! I absolutely love it! Lets say if you take a dash of Dio, a dash of Barren cross, a dash of Judas Priest a smidge of Ozzy and pinch of Stryper stir it up and out comes FOUR STAR REVIVAL! This cd has NO scent of 80s cheese whatsoever! No ''core'' No ''Nu'' No ''Death'' No ''thrash'' The Singer is world class! love the guitar tone, tasty super solid riffs! Tight heavy, smooth  leads. Thick, warm, solid bass tone, excellent time keeping, stellar drumming. This has not left my cd player in my truck and it is going to be in there for a long long time. I like every single song on this album. Do yourself a favor and pick this up! There are four stars in this band and they are bringing revival to the ''christian metal realm'' Four stars make up this band....but trust me this is a FIVE STAR EFFORT! This album is so good the jewel case is already broke and has made its way to the floor board of my truck! The cd is safe and sound and on repeat in the deck! Stoked about this band! KILLER!

Are the lyrics in the cd?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Nope.  Sad

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:48 pm

It doesn't matter a whole lot that the lyrics are not in the insert because you can pretty much clearly interpret ALL the lyrics, the singing is that good. I'm telling you guys this album is seriously good!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I actually won this album in a raffle!  It hasn't arrived yet though.  I'm going to read the review now.  Very Happy
Hey, if it turns out not to be your thing, you know where to pass it on. Wink

Well I am sorry to say, but I got it in the mail yesterday and I like it quite much.  So... it's going to be staying with me.  cat

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm

This is all I have listened to for three days. Every song rocks hard. The Angelic warlord review mentioned 3 ballads? on this cd? These three ''ballads'' I would not call them ballads. They [2 songs] start off slow and build up into an epic heavy metal slab of molten metal goodness. Nothing sappy or lovey or ''chick song'' at all. This album has no ''ballads'' makes me wonder if angelic warlord listened to all the songs all the way through. not saying he didn't. I just would not call any of these songs 'ballads'
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 am

I've been cranking this one a LOT and it's great!  Honestly, it's not something I would have probably bought on my own (since these days I mostly listen to doom and black metal), but I'm so glad I was given it because it's a really solid album!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by inchrist214 Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Kerrick, glad your enjoying it. I think it is a great cd and the band members are very nice and cool to talk to.

inchrist214
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Support this band. Get this cd! It rips...bumper to bumper. Metal 3
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 pm

This sounds pretty good. But I must say that I am pretty fed up with " Christian " bands and their vague lyrics.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 pm

sentient 6 wrote:This sounds pretty good. But I must say that I am pretty fed up with " Christian " bands and their vague lyrics.
I am too and yet I do like music, so I keep searching. I have resigned myself to the treasure hunt of finding truly meaningful songs in the sea of pseudo-faith. It's more frustrating when bands sound good, but are fluffy.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Nothing vague about the lyrics on this one at all, pretty clear and good. Nothing cheesy, weird, preachy or cliche christian about this at all. Full grown man metal right here! There is some heart and soul and a dash of blues put into this album. Super solid all the way around.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Jessrox wrote:Nothing vague about the lyrics on this one at all, pretty clear and good. Nothing cheesy, weird, preachy or cliche christian about this at all. Full grown man metal right here! There is some heart and soul and a dash of blues put into this album. Super solid all the way around.

I've only listened to a few songs on youtube, so i'll have to get this and listen to the songs more.

Would I like preachy or cliche lyrics ? No. But I wouldn't mind them being scriptural.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:56 pm

d@v!d wrote:
I am too and yet I do like music, so I keep searching. I have resigned myself to the treasure hunt of finding truly meaningful songs in the sea of pseudo-faith. It's more frustrating when bands sound good, but are fluffy.

Sometimes if they re too vague, i'm tempted to just tell myself that I might as well just listen to some secular band which I like more instead.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:11 pm

As much as I understand it, the song 'Hold On' gives me trouble lyrically. Anyone have the lyrics?

Again, the music is fantastic. I'll likely get this. I just prefer things bold and straight.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:33 pm

d@v!d wrote:As much as I understand it, the song 'Hold On' gives me trouble lyrically. Anyone have the lyrics?

What specifically about that song ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:04 pm

The songs on this cd are very clear...I can relate to every song on this album one way or another. It hits on Faith, HOPE, love, addiction... desperation, personal struggle with sin, unity, relationship, redemption. very well rounded well written songs imo.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 pm

^Word.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 am

This is a great album! Looked it up after I read the review on AW, and was pleased. The CD is still listed as back-ordered on CD Baby, though. Is there any other place to order one right now?

(And for those who have the CD: are there liner notes, booklet, etc? Or are we just talking about a slipcover? I'd like to own it, but I don't know if I can justify dropping $13 for something I already paid $9 to get...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 am

There is a booklet that comes with the CD though it's pretty minimal.  It's just one piece folded in half, so no "pages" per se.  Inside is a picture of the band and on the back is the thanks, which members play what, guest musicians, etc.  No lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:28 am

sentient 6 wrote:
d@v!d wrote:As much as I understand it, the song 'Hold On' gives me trouble lyrically. Anyone have the lyrics?

What specifically about that song ?
Before I answer this, i want to say that I'm not stating anything to be overly scrutinous of this band. Really, it's this song and things I've heard from another band recently that have fleshed out this peeve of mine. That is that I find cliche and pseudo truth in the name of truth to be more unsettling than something claiming to be counter to the truth.

It's part of the pre-chorus.
"follow your heart
follow your mind
just be yourself"

I shouldn't need to explain that to you; but for others, to me that sounds dangerously un-biblical.  The setiment that ought to be expressed (although I wouldn't know how to say it poetically) is to follow God's true Word and seek to be like Him.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next